FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Tinywarz Fail
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LordRex
Advanced

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TW/DS #1 Ultimate fail is this:

Once, we had 50+ people logging in and playing every day. Now I log in and see (besides me) 10 people online. Most of us dropped the game cause of the broken stealth strux
corclaork
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

im sooo glad you could point that out to us like the long list of other people who still call themselves vets. but hay actually helping is over rated Rolling Eyes

cor

in game name : corclark
LordRex
Advanced

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem with coming back to the game is that since many of us left after the introduction of Stealth, we would have to relearn it in order to make ourselves useful to the newer players again. Whenever Frizz/Vanoi/insert mod here decides to release another strux pack/expansion, the lore of the game will keep growing and becoming over-inflated with Commander One-Shotters.

That being said, the lack of new players coming in is, IMO, the ultimate 'fail'. We can whinge on and on about the stealth system being the point where DS 'finally' failed, but any good game will have new players joining up, irregardless of how many expansions and units have been added to the base game.

Someone needs to recature the lightning in the bottle that made the original game (before all the strux packs) so great and repurpose it to this new iteration of the game. Cause, if nothing happens, the ultimate fail of DS will be the way it ends
Frageran
Sandwich Maker

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stealth was one thing, but for me stealth was just the start of the problem. Every strux set since then has made the game a bigger and bigger arms race. To be able to fight with armies you needed tons of resources all ready, but then you needed to add revealers for stealth, then you needed to have an extra squad dropped just to take out high dodge units like the BTM or the NS because one unit alone could take out entire armies (sort of fixed with withering fire), then you needed special units to deal with damage reduction, and to deal with the Static Jammer Meka. Oh and by the way are all your army units double integrated? If you didn't have every single one of those things dropped and you run into an opponent that does, you either UD or you're pretty much dead.

Now the problem is: All of that is ridiculously expensive! By the time little casual player me would be able to make this kind of army, I'm going to lose it before I can get any experience with those units. Each strux release left casual players further and further behind in the dust.

Trerro wrote:
Onto my order I need to tack a stack of Shak Attack Pack, so I can smack back my enemies with flak. Quack.
wannabe121
Advanced

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LordRex wrote:
Someone needs to recature the lightning in the bottle that made the original game (before all the strux packs) so great and repurpose it to this new iteration of the game. Cause, if nothing happens, the ultimate fail of DS will be the way it ends

I joined after BT, so I figure this won't hold as much weight, but I'll say it anyways, best thing about TW to me was it was dial-up ready, simple to learn but difficult to master. A year after it went public I was really impressed you could get an online game with so much depth completely client-side on a modem AOL connection. Game's become too difficult to learn and almost impossible to master now though imho, hasn't kept up with the times either, you can get RTS fully 3D games on low bandwidth connection through Flash now, compared to that TW looks like low-res sci-fi chess with sniper rifles. Entire game from core systems to UI needs streamlining at minimum, could probably up the graphics and animations too if we wanted to make better use of modern hardware. Get the game out of the 2ooos, put it in front of gamers and we'll see new blood.
If these nukes are north korean, implement them anyway. They wont get 3 squares before tripping on a rock and turning into salvage.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Drop Shock Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15
Page 15 of 15

Jump to: