FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Battlefield: Konu - Book 1: Discovery
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spudd
Advanced

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe it wants to mate with you h3llz Razz
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
RazorBladez
Intermediate

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked......really really creepy spudd
- Heraclitus
Taking a new step...is what people fear most.
- Dostoyevski
h3llzangel
Advanced

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

o.0 *runs away from dragon* EEK
LordRex
Advanced

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Part Two

Silence. Nothing can be heard except their breathing. Weihan, Nisha and Frizz have seen their only way of escape cruelly shut. They do not know what to do – One Commander, one pilot and the Supreme Commander. They know that even if they do get out of the base, it will be suicide trying to blast their way through the enemy forces.

Slowly, Wei scans his surroundings. Nothing but sheet metal, ABS and wood. He knows that the oxygen in the base is running out slowly. They have to move – or they will die.

Weak lights flicker overhead as they make their way down an empty corridor. The emergency power is still working, but most of it is being sucked up by the Laser turrets outside. Frizz is leaning heavily on Wei, limping on a shattered ankle. He grits his teeth against the constant barrage of pain and prays for this to be over soon.

He is not a coward – he will go down fighting if he must – but for the time being, his life rests squarely on the shoulders of two people. It hurts him deeply to see his people dead, to see valuable equipment destroyed and to see expensive units crushed. Frizz blinks back tears as he thinks of the last transmission from the dropship. No one is coming. He is sure of it…and it fills him with despair.

Turning left at a T intersection, they stand in front of two massive blast doors. This is the entrance to the Underground Hanger – where LordRex’s Cobra is waiting. Hey looks at the entrance keypad and groans. While they could not get through the ProMax doors, the Sha’Kahr have ripped the keypad apart – determined to not let anyone in. Wei slams a fist in the still sparking remains, hoping to get a reaction from the unyielding metal doors. A few minor shocks later…nothing had happened.

Shit, I knew this wasn’t like the holovids, Wei thinks. He weighs his options over and over. One – he was in a powered down base with unreliable emergency power. Two – he had the Supreme Commander with a shattered ankle. Three – the Sha’Kahr were inside the base and were tearing it apart. Four – He had a way out of the base and had a plan. Five – The bloody doors were dead. Six – there was no dropship coming in the near future. They are toast unless a miracle happens.

A loud crash, the sound of rending metal and two loud crumps sound from the Hangar, causing them to look at each other in shock. It is the sound of a dropship touching down. They hear the screech of metal as the landing door opens and the sound of many feet running out.

Then the shooting begins. Blasts of guns send the three of them into overdrive. Weihan pushes a heavy piece of debris near the front of the blast doors - creating a makeshift shield. A scream from behind the doors makes them jump. The scream is inhuman - a sound of pure rage and anger.

More gunfire rings out from the Underground Hangar, more alien screams. The horrific sound of ripping flesh. A human scream, punctuated by the gruesome popping of bone. Nisha and Wei share a quick kiss and prepare themselves for the worst.

A lengthy pause in the battle sends them into extreme terror.

Then, the firing beings again – this time heavier than before. Battle sounds come from all around them - the metallic shell of the base causing the explosions to echo and reverberate around them. The simultaneous crack of ballistics threatens to shred their eardrums in an instant.

Even more explosions rock the base, sending the three of them tumbling hard to the floor again. Frizz bites back a cry of pain as his other ankle shatters from the impact. After a few more roars of cannons, it is silent again.

Suddenly, the lights overhead shine brightly and the blast doors begin to open. The three of them ready themselves as best as they can – prepared for anything. What they are not prepared for, however, is the sight that greets them.

A dropship - with its crew loading up all the vehicles they can fit. All around them lie the shredded bodies of more than two hundred Sha'Kahr warriors. They also spot thirty charred bodies - the effect of laser fire on unprotected flesh. It is the image that will stay with Wei forever. Though there is mass carnage, destruction and death around them, they are grateful of one simple fact -

They are saved.

It will go down on record as one of the bloodiest battles so far - almost all five thousand personnel dead, fifty commanders and their squads killed, billions of credits worth of damage and priceless information lost.

That was when the War started for real.

Last edited by LordRex on Mon Aug 14, 2006 5:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
h3llzangel
Advanced

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wewt great ^^ *hugs rex*
LordRex
Advanced

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK...NOW I'm satisfied Twisted Evil

Last edited by LordRex on Mon Aug 14, 2006 5:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
RazorBladez
Intermediate

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still even without a happy ending it is still good Smile thumbs up
- Heraclitus
Taking a new step...is what people fear most.
- Dostoyevski
h3llzangel
Advanced

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol REX
Spudd
Advanced

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweet. I love how Frizz gets injured. That makes the story a fiction, as Frizz isnt actually human. In fact, I'm pretty sure he doesnt even have ankles.

This story is definately the best non-historic styled story in the fan fiction page.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
h3llzangel
Advanced

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lmao nice explanation spudd
LordRex
Advanced

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Battlefield Konu – Part 5

Suddenly, Kat gasped, wrenching him back to the present. Much to his surprise, they had been moving down the corridor, the entry door now firmly shut behind them. All of them were now standing in a control room of sorts – Bandit HQ for Konu, it seemed like.

All around them lay shredded uniforms, smeared with a sickening mixture of blood, brains and a strange, yellow pus-like substance. Control stations had human limbs sticking out of them, the weakly pulsating current causing the hands and feet to flex jerkily.

Most of the screens had been destroyed – either by laser blasts or by the impact of decapitated bodies. There was only one screen that had not been destroyed amidst all the carnage.

It was a plain 17 inch monitor, like the ones that had been on Earth in the early 2000’s. it was still bolted firmly to the wall, but it was covered with all sorts of fluids – most human.

Stepping forward, Wei wiped off most of the fluid off the screen and abruptly fell back. Luckily, Nisha caught him and allowed Bettina to help him up. The images they saw sent more chills down their spines.

A gruesome beast was on the screen. It looked like a very painful fusion of Sha’Kahr and human flesh. Swallowing her revulsion, Lidija was the first to speak – her softly accented voice expressing the thought they all were thinking.

“Sorry to be rude, sir, but what the fuck is that?”

Wei gulped in air at a rapid pace, then noticed an icon on the desktop. He looked around for a mouse or stylus…or anything really. Failing to find anything, he hesitantly tapped on the icon and a movie started to play. It wasn’t a movie…no, it seemed to be a sort of video log of events. Scenes of smouldering wrecks were shown as a deep voice narrated.

“Day 12. Scouting group 3B came across a group of United Federation scouts. They were no match for out superior firepower and were eliminated. Name on wreckage suggests a ‘starwars’ or something. Nothing much after that. Experiment needs more time.”

More images assaulted them in rapid succession – lab equipment, gene-splicing tools, mixing in a beaker, something snarling – too fast for them to grasp. Well, LR thought, at least we know what happened to starwars…poor bastard. The voice started again, suddenly. On screen was something that just wasn’t possible.

“Day 69. Finally. We get a good batch of SK DNA and mixed it with the bits of flesh we found off starwars’ meka. Damn, about time we got something – funding’s almost used up and the Boss would’ve killed us. We got a good thing here though. No more problems now - smooth sailing from here on.”

No one moved. Everyone was in shock at what they saw. Stumbling slightly, LR unhooked a radio from his belt and brought it to his helmet. Switching it on, he waited for a signal…anything, really.

Nothing.

Static…then a voice. Ragged breathing, panicked, one of the newbies most likely. Whoever it was, there was some serious shit going down.

“Shit! LR – is that you?”

LR looked at his crew and nodded. He was about to report in when the radio exploded with noise again. A familiar noise – gunfire, screams and the voice was yelling orders off radio.

“Fuckin’ Hell! Don’t come up here! We have a Level 6 breach in Lab 12! Ground troops are coming in, but we got shit happenin up here!”

Wei swallowed, then spoke in the radio – his voice strained.

“When are we getting evac? I have intelligence that Frizz has to see! I have to –”

“Shit! Close and lock the door! Don’t let that fuckin thing get here! Fuck! Wei – man, I’m sorry to have to do this to you, but from now on, evac’s been nullified! We can only drop ammo and supplies down to you, but nothing bigger than that! Christ! Shoot it!

“What is going on up there? What’s escaped? Hello? Can you hear me?”

Silence, then static, then another voice knifed through the air. It was basically the voice of God – or Frizz. His voice held a strained quality to it and was yelling at someone…again.

“Goddamn it! I don’t care what you have to do! Seal off the labs and jettison them out! We’ve lost so much as it is, we can stand to lose a bit more! Fuckin shit! Wei, LordRex – are you there?”

Wei stiffened and nodded once – even though Frizz couldn’t see him.

“Yes sir. What’s going on? I’ll send you the information I’ve – ”

“No – leave it. No, send it! Send the damn information! Classified breach up here! No evacs or deployments! No, you shitheads! Aim for the head! THE HEAD! Wei – be right back…hold tight.”

LR moved the radio away from his face as a cacophony of noise assaulted the still air. Gun blasts, screams, explosions. It all happened at once – and for fifteen minutes, all was silent.

LR swept his eyes over his team and sighed. His eyes fell on an old, worn diary on the desk. He picked it up – ignoring the mass of brain matter that slid off it – and began to read.

Day 78

Everything’s going A-OK here. Specimen is doing fine. No attacks, although the turrets got a few foolhardy souls.

Day 79

Shit, everything’s still fine. Specimen seems to be attacking the glass cylinder though…wonder why. Ah well, no skin off my cock – I’ll get a techie to squiz on it later – maybe shock it into submission again…heh, that was fun.

Suddenly, the radio crackled again. It was Frizz, but now he seemed tired and resigned. He swallowed loudly and spoke four words that condemned them to the planet.

“You’re on your own”
Cabal
Advanced

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice... can I be in the story anytime soon with my LR's? I put crispy in TNN Smile
LordRex
Advanced

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lets just say I have something very very special coming up for you and xLucidx Twisted Evil
dinohunter
Simple

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol mebe you should put me into it to hunt the thingy lol. but ill bet id get my head ripped of first! Shocked Very Happy
LordRex
Advanced

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Part 6 –

Silence. It was almost déjà vu. No one moved or even breathed. They all hoped that what they heard was wrong. Frizz – the Supreme Commander – had given them their death warrant. They were on their own. No more help from up above, no more reinforcements.

Just the six of them, a Cobra, a Hermes, two Akimos, a Supernova and a Wolfhound. On a desolate rock orbiting a single Sun. With bloodthirsty bandits, cunning aliens and their warped experiment.

Just a regular day.

LR wanted more clarification. He gripped the radio tightly and swallowed. Perspiration dripped down his face, running down his nose and into his mouth. The dry, salty taste was enough to send his emotions whirling as he spoke.

“What do you mean we’re on our own? Frizz. Talk to me. What the fuck is going on up there?”

For a long moment, the radio was dead. Then, Frizz’s voice came on again – seeming unsure and confused.

“We…we had a breach in the labs. More to the point – the Research Lab. One of the experiments…shit Wei – I don’t know how long we’re going to last here. Project Lucid…it’s…I don’t know what happened. It escaped. We’re talking about a HQ wide contamination. We…we’ve passed Level 6 security alert.”

All six of them blinked as Frizz paused. Above level 6. As far as LR knew, Level 6 was the highest it could go – a 96 hour quarantine for those involved followed by a two day decontamination shower.

He, himself had only been subjected to the Level 6 procedure once – and he wasn’t going to forget it anytime soon. Static crackled over the radio as the Supreme Commander started talking again.

“We’ve gone for a Level 10. The utmost highest it can reach. It states that if we cannot defeat or cure whatever problem we have within three days…you will be the new Supreme Commander.”

LR started at that. He was experienced, sure, but he wasn’t the next Supreme Commander – no matter what anyone said otherwise. That position was vacant after Flostin’s…accident. He voiced this to Frizz, who chuckled in response.

“I know you’re not ready – but after the Level 10 procedure is done…you will be the only hope left. Weihan – do you even know what the Level 10 procedure is? I can guarantee it’s not sitting on your ass for 3 days and then being blasted by anti-bacterial soap for 2. It entails a full HQ sterilization by a full salvo of thirty five thermo-nuclear missiles.”

A collective gasp came from all of them. A full thermo-nuclear assault on the HQ would mean that nothing would survive. Not even cockroaches would be able to live after a full strike. Nisha moved first, her voice cracking as she spoke.

“What is Project Lucid?”

Much to everyone’s surprise, it was Bettina that answered. Her voice was hesitant but strong.

“It is a project started by a new recruit – xLucidx. He was supposed to research the Sha’Kahr – for bio-organic weaponry that we could use against them. We don’t know what happened, but he grew hungry for more. He started saying how he could combine Human DNA with Sha’Kahr to produce a super-soldier serum. We tried to stop him. We even went so far as to kick him out of RSA – the Research and Science Administration.”

LR paused. His mind was reeling at this. He had spoken to xLucidx and always thought he was fine – if a bit misguided. He never knew Bettina had worked with him – she was strong on her own. That, and she could kick his ass to the next galaxy.

He motioned for her to continue. She took a deep breath before continuing.

“The next thing we heard was that he was readmitted into another department and allowed to continue with his research. My team was shocked and stunned, but we couldn’t do anything about it. He began to grow more and more over-confident in himself; we all thought he was crazy. He was mixing human DNA with those creatures for God’s sake! Then – he just dropped off the radar completely. The last thing we ever heard was that he was wanted for a top-ranking project.”

No one moved. They were all drawn into what Bettina was saying. She was close to breaking down – but still held her emotions in check.

Weihan wondered what had happened to the rest of her team – but was wondering more about what the “secret project” was. Frizz sighed over the radio and spoke.

“Yeah, I promoted him under the condition that he would drop off everyone’s radars. Man, I have never seen a guy jump as high as I did then. He was so happy to be out of the public spotlight. At first, he worked normally. Then, he started obsessing over his work – refusing to listen to criticism and lashing out at those around him. We thought it was stress, but he started acting odder and odder. He began hoarding up all his documents into bags and safes – he was sure that “his enemies” were out to get him. We booked him into counselling, but he never showed up at the designated time. I asked you, LR, to bust into his office – remember?”

He did. He relived the feeling of the plasteel door slowly buckling under his repeated shoulder charges and kicks, the faces of those around him as he shouted out warnings to whoever was inside, the unexpected jolt as the door gave way, the taste of the floor, seeing no one in the office, seeing sheafs of paper scrawled with the words “I did it”, reporting to Frizz that Lucid had fled – to some planet – and feeling the crack of his knuckles as they fractured as he punched the wall. He told all of this to his team-mates and to Frizz, who spoke again.

“And, that is why you are on your own. Until we can ascertain what happened here, we can’t give any support – save for the occasional ammunition drop.”

LR nodded and took it all in stride, before something occurred to him.

“Frizz. Where did xLucidx go? I remember you telling me that you knew where he was – but you didn’t tell me. Where is he?

Static burst out of the radio – a sign that the batteries or the signal was fading fast. LR repeated the question, louder this time. Frizz’s one word reply sent shockwaves of fear, terror and shock coursing through their bodies.

“Konu”
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Drop Shock Forum Index -> Fan Fiction All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 3 of 8

Jump to: