FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bandit Home world: Updated 10/26/12: 3D graphic art update!
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 30, 31, 32  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

good idea???
yes!!!
92%
 92%  [ 179 ]
no!!!
7%
 7%  [ 15 ]
Total Votes : 194

Dfenceking2
Elite

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 12:40 pm    Post subject: Bandit Home world: Updated 10/26/12: 3D graphic art update! Reply with quote

ok this was made up a long time ago when aldus 1st showed it head and people hated it i have updated the list a bit and open to all ideas and batts thread about shak has got people attention about maybe another planet and some suggested a full bandit planet here is the solution

we have new bandit mod and buildings here and maybe we can get idea for a new bandit unit also, since it is a HQ or home world why not some thing the bandits can have that is super powerful....

any way this list is part mine but also built from some of the great minds of TW from thunder_it(spellbreaker) to soul_01(gear), been supported also by many people i have revised list cuz of recent game changes, we are up to 15 ideas now, and remember atm Frizz said this idea was interesting and good but thought TW was to planet heavy, as it has been a while now and a new planet is about ready for TW so here is the ideas again list goes up to 15

the idea list HAS BEEN UPDATED(2/18/11):

1)bandits will only pilot adv. units (excluding the 2 other bandit units cuz they are true bandit units the BST and BTM)

2)bandits speed is up like on Aldus, infurnus, and hellion.

3)bandit bases will be like the nod bases like faction war planet.

4)bandit with more damage on there home world. +2 missiles, +3 ballistic, and +5 for energy, this goes for buildings as well.

5) NO PERSONAL BASES of any kind our to be dropped only if u control a Monolith may u drop a base to protect it.

6) general CE cap 10k.

7) bandits will at least be in groups of no less the 5 no higher then 8.

8 ) planet will have to be small like aldus.

9) the orbit i was thinking was kinda a hadeas orbit or maybe a little less or a little more how ever it works out.

10) Bandit range is +1 because the bandits know the terrain it is there home world/HQ planet

11) Spawning bandits at the rate of like konu now, if there is space the game will fill it

12) bandits get +2 doge cuz they know the area

13) Bandit HQ is now JUST A NEW BUILDING, can be salvaged (also a slight name change and description update)

14) 2 unique bandit mod(these mods need to come up just a little bit more % wise then the bandit eye )

15) Monolith will be like a nodes bases can be dropped BUT ONLY 8 BUILDING BASES ALLOWED (if u have both monolith caped by same faction the number of the building is 4)

16) No one under lvl 20 is allowed on this planet, this saves newbies from getting bashed

17) more bandit building: 2 support buildings and 3 turrets

18. Monolith will be interduced, like a relic when caped u gain command picture of monolith:

19. Monolith will should pay cmd just like aldus beacons do pay fps.
as long as you hold it it gathers cmd accumulates it but does not pay out.
when you loose it or when planet cycles (which is actually same as loosing) you get your cmd paid out.

20. this planet should pay about half of what konu pays of this so the explicit equation (freely based on konu's payout equation) is:
Code:
Command Gained per Member =number of rounds * [125/({number of players in faction+40}^1.8)]

which would give 78 cmd per 12 hours in 10 players faction
56 in 20 players faction
42 in 30 players faction
33 in 40 players faction
27 in 50 players faction

21:The monolith broadcasts its position and number of turns its been in one's possession

22: a striking jade background has been picked to be the contrast:

23: bandit buildings are harder to salvage by 10%

24: planets for the deploy screen moving and all

25: all new bandit AI is updated to current status since updated by Frizz

26: The 3D pics for all the buildings!!!

Bandit Radar:

3D concept art:

Bandit Energy Turret:

Bandit HQ:

Bandit Gattling Gun:

Bandit Missle Turret:

Bandit Pinpoint Station:

Monolith:

27: 3D graphic art pictures!!!

Bandit Radar:

Bandit Energy Turret:

Bandit HQ:

Bandit Gattling Gun:

Bandit Missle Turret:

Bandit Pinpoint Station:

---------------------------------------------------------------

Golob made all pics 2D pics (besides the ones bat made) and is the major co-supporter and founder of idea, Spicyhippy made all of the concept for the 3D pics. maxdoom made all of the 3D graphic art.

New Disclaimer: THIS PLANET WAS THOUGHT UP TO PUT BANDITS IN THERE FAVOR. IT IS THERE HQ PLANET, IT IS THE WHOLE IDEA FOR THEM TO HAVE THE UPPER HAND. THIS PLANET WAS THOUGHT UP TO TAKE AWAY FROM PEOPLE DROPPING DOWN AND SOLOING A BASE WITH A SMALL ARMY. THIS PLANET IS MADE FOR TEAM WORK AND COORDINATION!!!

DFK

PS: link to the old thread is here.... http://forum.mobrulestudios.com/viewtopic.php?t=3644

D-Fence it the best Offense!!!

Last edited by Dfenceking2 on Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:26 pm; edited 45 times in total
CobraJSF
Intermediate

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol I like it
X yes no

quoted for truth.
Golob
Advanced

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

did i say that i love you and all of your ideas?

as for me it gets 76 points in the scale of between 23 and 76.
Frageran
Sandwich Maker

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow sounds good

Trerro wrote:
Onto my order I need to tack a stack of Shak Attack Pack, so I can smack back my enemies with flak. Quack.
Fifth
Advanced

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like this idea.

www.fifthstories.org/index.html
Dfenceking2
Elite

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok i am going to put a vote box Very Happy please vote it helps frizz and maybe will helping this getting accepted this time

also if u have any thing to add to the list just post and i will deiced if it good idea to add into the planet or not.... trying to be baias or any thing

DFK

Battalia
Elite

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Embarassed

Don't have that compy and program anymore
Steve_ohh
Simple

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it.... Cool

Bandits need alittle history behind them, do dont do much at present.

Maybe the BHQ could have some kind of defense, like 4 missle turrets, but they dont do much damage. Just to make it more intresting.

Can the BHQ work like the HQ's deployed to hadeas, where you take the beacon ?
darkrider2
Advanced

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

its half my fault this thread was recreated. I support it! ^.^
Dfenceking2
Elite

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve_ohh wrote:
I like it.... Cool

Bandits need alittle history behind them, do dont do much at present.

Maybe the BHQ could have some kind of defense, like 4 missle turrets, but they dont do much damage. Just to make it more intresting.

Can the BHQ work like the HQ's deployed to hadeas, where you take the beacon ?

yes with the BHQ on the old thread i guess i never added cuz we never got FP out put down, but basically they were going to be full square bandit bases/or just about same as node but diffent designs for flavor, there maybe like 1-2 per cycle to keep things interesting, as the planet will semi small but loaded with people and bandits alike

if people figure out a good FP range then sure i will add it, also maybe this can open up whole new bandit race of turrest, as they might be kinda thrown togher but powerful (like putting a DWA connon turret) bascially like bandits do put up salvage stuff

miss turrets made from listia arm guns, ballstic turrets made from DWA connon, and engery turret taken cyc connon, or SN connon.....

idk i am just brain storming, give feedback on the ideas said and maybe also figure out a FP out put for this planet.....

Aura_of_Darkness
Advanced

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who the hell said no?! I'mma kill him j/k.

Yes to this, and yay for the return of this thread. Memories lol. Very Happy

GenStryker ingame
Epic Chat Encounters!
Hunter
Intermediate

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will like to have bandits to have there own UV and tehy will use them to mine ore one the plants. And have a small gun or lazer on top of them to kill players if they get to close to them (that mains UV too).
Hunter
Intermediate

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will like to have bandits to have there own UV and tehy will use them to mine ore one the plants. And have a small gun or lazer on top of them to kill players if they get to close to them (that mains UV too).
DEY123
Intermediate

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry I was the jerk who voted no...I just don't think we need another faction war planet. I imagine that the bases will be dominated by one or two of the top factions for the most part and they will get all of the FP.

As currently designed this will just be an opportunity for the top factions to gain more FP and the weaker factions to have little opportunity.

Actually one thing that I think would make it better that would change my vote to a yes would be the following changes

1) No player/faction bases of any kind
2) Once derelict is captured it gives off cmd until it UDs (like Shak base). Cmd is awarded in the same fashoin as FP on aldus so if you lose it right at the end you still get the benefit of having it on the turns where you possessed it.
3) Derelict site contains the HQ which can be killed/salavged as well as a node/relic type item that must be captured to gain the FP or command
4) These derelict bases deploy to planet for a random number of turns between 100 and 600
5) Derlict bases deploy randomly throughout the cycle with 2 bases at start (.5% chance of a base drop each turn thereafter which allows for random numbers of derleicts available at any time)
6) Derelict Base dropping has no restrictions so it could come down on 8 of your units (I think Shak has something to stop it from dropping on too many people)

As I mention before I would actually prefer a command payout. Maybe the same rate as konu times 5 to compensate for the drop costs. and like konu all players in the faction get this cumulation of all the payout at the end of the drop

I think otherwise this just becomes an adjusted faction war planet.

I am all for the buildings to be new types that are bandit only (and effectiveness between Shak and current strux available buildings).
Fifth
Advanced

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another idea is, this is a place where players work together, so disable PvP on the planet entirely. This could also give higher level players who don't like the drama on PvP worlds to kill some high level bandits too.

www.fifthstories.org/index.html
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Drop Shock Forum Index -> Suggestions All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 30, 31, 32  Next
Page 1 of 32

Jump to: