FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bandit Home world: Updated 10/26/12: 3D graphic art update!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 30, 31, 32  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

good idea???
yes!!!
92%
 92%  [ 179 ]
no!!!
7%
 7%  [ 15 ]
Total Votes : 194

darkrider2
Advanced

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

none of those bandit buildings will even scratch a BAII. none of them are one mega damage weapon which works best against BAII (like guardian lasers). and the bandit missile turret only does 15damage.

I suggest revamping the plasma turret:

2x E 6R 20D 3A
Hunter
Intermediate

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Radar sould incresse the vigel rang to 5x5 and not 3x3
Dfenceking2
Elite

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

darkrider2 wrote:
none of those bandit buildings will even scratch a BAII. none of them are one mega damage weapon which works best against BAII (like guardian lasers). and the bandit missile turret only does 15damage.

I suggest revamping the plasma turret:

2x E 6R 20D 3A

well remember u have a 10k CE limit i can only drop 4 fully moded BAII, but i will up the damage to 13 per gun and keep the rest of the turret the way it is

also i forgot to change the rocket one Very Happy now that one -2 gunny for 10 more damage as dralnu1112 suggested...

if any one else has a say please comment also put up new building changes and also put the rest of the list

Skarmag wrote:
Bandit Buildings! \o/

B = Ballistic, M = Missile, E = Energy;
R = Range, D = Damage, A = Ammo/Recharge Time.

Bandit Turret - Gatling Gun (Advanced)
Shields: 100 (+10/T)
Armor: 100
Power Use: 9
Weapons: 3x B 9R 6D 700A

Bandit Turret - Rocket Launcher (Advanced)
Shields: 150 (+15/T)
Armor: 50
Power Use: 10
Weapons: 1x M 6R 25D 850A
* -2 gunnery lvls because rocket are not guided

Bandit Turret - Plasma Gun (Advanced)
Shields: 150 (+15/T)
Weapons: 3x E 5R 13D 2A

Turret Control Tower (Advanced)
Shields: 150 (+7/T)
Armor: 25
Power Use: 5

*If you use Attack Target with the Turret Control Tower, all turrets will shot at that target.

Radar (Advanced)
Shields: 100 (+10/T)

*Enemy units in visual range receive a Penalty to-hit. (1 Gunnery Levels)
*Friendly units in visual range receive a bonus to-hit. (2 Gunnery Level)

working on pic for these.... and please more feedback i want to accept this right away into the main list as new stuff, also if batt can't do pics like done there is there any one that can make them

keep going with the brain storming ideas are comeing in strong and TW looking for a change..... Very Happy

DFK

D-Fence it the best Offense!!!
Dakwa
Simple

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG this sounds soooooooo fun Razz

come come frizz its time to get busy.
Dfenceking2
Elite

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

main list update on 1st page please look there

added in the bandit building up above as no one gave any bad feedback some but not to much about them that i believe they passed there test and now they in the list

there names were changed a bit but mostly kept the same also this thread is getting more supports then feedback also

if u think this thread as well reached game potential then please MAIL FRIZZ inform him as a TW player that u endorse it u want it, keep voting show him this is what the people want

even thoe that might not get the through it will help and every bit help when u are fighting up hill battle vs the MAN!

thanks to all, and always all comments, ideas, and feedback is VERY WELCOME

DFK

Unholygel
Simple

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sounds good some new bandits, might be a lil hard to take bases alone but would be a nice challenge Very Happy
most likely to take 2 or 3 persons to get a base off
btw might be a good idea to make those building a lil harder to salvage Very Happy
CobraJSF
Intermediate

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that would be a good idea
YEAH I'M TALKING TO YOU N00B WHO SALVAGES ADVANCED WRECKS!

quoted for truth.
Dfenceking2
Elite

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well a 29 to 3 vote on yes.......

any way i am still permoteing this idea based on that konu II is bascally same old same old

this is fresh and new and now

still up for comments or ideas to add Very Happy if u wish to see the list of ideas it is on the 1st page of this thread

thanks,

DFK

CobraJSF
Intermediate

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All Frizz did w/ Konu 2 is(No offense Frizz) make a new hunting ground for advanced players.

quoted for truth.
yinuss
Intermediate

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just throwing in my bit of support, I'm well in love with this idea as bandits are currently generic, AI fodder.

They need much more personality and credibility, and the the more unique stuff they have the happier I will be. More bandit mods (that are actually worth salvaging, instead of that rubbish we all accumulate), more bandit units, and buildings is a great idea.
Dfenceking2
Elite

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bump

yup this is so like with a vote 31 to 3

this is a great idea, original, new content and very fresh Very Happy

put your support behind it and if u wish to read what is all on the planet idea go the 1st post on this page Very Happy

it is all there

DFK

darkrider2
Advanced

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even though I rarely agree with Dfenceking Wink , I have to say this is the best planet I've ever heard of. I mean if you want to increase activity frizz this is the ticket. This thing will be konuI x5 cramped when it goes out.
Aura_of_Darkness
Advanced

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Read the old topic, and due to the different circumstances that brought up the old topic, I might as well compare and contrast then and now, just for the sake of chronicling and to see how far we've come, since this is an old suggestion.

1. Aldus
Then: Aldus was a place where high levels owned most of the lower levels, even with the hefty CE limit. Sentries were king, and the planet was more for PvP than it was for beaconing.
Now: Aldus is a place to level-up, gather beacons, and pvp a bit. Shak roam the planet, dealing heavy damage to those who get stuck on their sights. Actied Palestars are one of the most used. The CE limit is a bit more lenient, but still something to think about.

2. Konu I
Then: Konu was the most crammed planet in TW. You couldn't drag a decent amount of bandits there without bumping into another drag base. At the middle of the turn, the entire planet is fully barren.
Now: Konu I isn't as crammed as before. Aldus and Konu II have taken up some of the players that want to gain a fast way of leveling up. Bandits also respawn more in Konu I, making it an easy place to level-up crews.

That's all that I can CnC. This is just to help in the brainstorming.

GenStryker ingame
Epic Chat Encounters!
Krome
Simple

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I voted yes, it definitely sounds fun.

At the same time, might I offer a slight bit of modification:

A bandit HQ planet would probably be heavily guarded (as seen by the heavy units, # of patrol units, etc.). Why not make it a bit more exclusive than that?

Currently, you can pretty much deploy to any planet you like, except maybe Wulf II due to level restrictions, and that's logical because no one owns those planets. In terms of flavor text, there are no ground-based batteries aiming into the sky when unauthorized deployment is detected that prevents you from deploying.

For bandit HQ planet, I suggest that we have some type of salvageable mod (like bandit-eye) called the Bandit Landing Sequence (encrypted). The owner of this mod is allowed to deploy to the HQ planet. After all, we don't own the planet, so we should face some opposition when we want to deploy.

As the bandits are no fools, once an unauthorized deployment (that's you) is detected, the sequence is no good anymore, so this salvaged mod can only be used once, and it disappeared once you are deployed to the HQ planet.

Alternatively, people without this landing sequence are still OK to deploy, but units may have % chance to be detroyed on deployment...this sounds harsh...but does add a bit to the realism Very Happy

In addition, perhaps emergency evac or dropship should also take a hit as well. Instead of the 3/5 turn, perhaps lengthen that to indicate that we can't just call any evac/dropship any time we want...it's the bandit HQ planet after all.

Thanks for reading. If the idea is good, more people can help to put in the exact balancing details, as I am no expert in the balancing of TW.

Regards,
Krome
Dfenceking2
Elite

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Krome wrote:
I voted yes, it definitely sounds fun.

At the same time, might I offer a slight bit of modification:

A bandit HQ planet would probably be heavily guarded (as seen by the heavy units, # of patrol units, etc.). Why not make it a bit more exclusive than that?

Currently, you can pretty much deploy to any planet you like, except maybe Wulf II due to level restrictions, and that's logical because no one owns those planets. In terms of flavor text, there are no ground-based batteries aiming into the sky when unauthorized deployment is detected that prevents you from deploying.

For bandit HQ planet, I suggest that we have some type of salvageable mod (like bandit-eye) called the Bandit Landing Sequence (encrypted). The owner of this mod is allowed to deploy to the HQ planet. After all, we don't own the planet, so we should face some opposition when we want to deploy.

As the bandits are no fools, once an unauthorized deployment (that's you) is detected, the sequence is no good anymore, so this salvaged mod can only be used once, and it disappeared once you are deployed to the HQ planet.

Alternatively, people without this landing sequence are still OK to deploy, but units may have % chance to be detroyed on deployment...this sounds harsh...but does add a bit to the realism Very Happy

In addition, perhaps emergency evac or dropship should also take a hit as well. Instead of the 3/5 turn, perhaps lengthen that to indicate that we can't just call any evac/dropship any time we want...it's the bandit HQ planet after all.

Thanks for reading. If the idea is good, more people can help to put in the exact balancing details, as I am no expert in the balancing of TW.

Regards,
Krome

umm well as coll as it sounds and as real as it is.... i don't think we want to get to far off the codeing corse....

right now retlivly every thing is just new building and new mods, u add in a new drop way... idk seem a bit complacated and unneeded, and almsot kill the planet if it was new and u couldn't drop to it if u find a this mod (wich u said about BE % finding it) this could take forever....

this planet is about team work small amrys and activey..... and u can't do that if u can't even drop to defend a base that u made.... u might want to read all the stuff that is going on....

this would almost be a impossale to add, now maybe take a bit of damage when u drop.... MAYBE.... but still iffy

any way on that talk lets get some bandit units in here, maybe a bandit salvager (as bandits should be the best salvagers in the game) and maybe a rag tag unit that uses wepons from other common units to make a cool new bandit unit kinda like a frankstine of TW unit...

nice thought but sry krome....

keep brain storming, and the idea list for what is on the planet is on the 1st post of the thread

DFK

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Drop Shock Forum Index -> Suggestions All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 30, 31, 32  Next
Page 3 of 32

Jump to: