FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bandit Home world: Updated 10/26/12: 3D graphic art update!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 30, 31, 32  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

good idea???
yes!!!
92%
 92%  [ 179 ]
no!!!
7%
 7%  [ 15 ]
Total Votes : 194

Battalia
Elite

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pvp should never be disabled IMHO
darkrider2
Advanced

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ooh ooh I know! Very Happy

make the BDHQ (bandit derilect HQ) give out TB's per turn. (very small amount) and it all gets distributed like cmd would be on konu. that would make these BDHQ's REALLY valuable to have. (would probably spark some faction warring but since bandits respawn we can just pick a quiet spawn point and not have to worry about, but the planet would have to be pretty large)
Battalia
Elite

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bad idea, TB's are what makes the game go round, and to have a method to get them for free = no more donations
Frageran
Sandwich Maker

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yea darkrider that pretty much fails....

Trerro wrote:
Onto my order I need to tack a stack of Shak Attack Pack, so I can smack back my enemies with flak. Quack.
Jake.Radden
Advanced

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bad, bad idea.
Advanced

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yeah, to add:

-Maybe we can have relics that pay out every 100 turns? When the 100 turns have ended, you lose the relic and it respawns somewhere else. Payout is the same as konu relics, but make them act like mini noes where there are bandit buildings surrounding the thing...

-Or DEY's idea where derelict pays out cmd.

GenStryker ingame
Epic Chat Encounters!
Dfenceking2
Elite

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DEY123 wrote:
Sorry I was the jerk who voted no...I just don't think we need another faction war planet. I imagine that the bases will be dominated by one or two of the top factions for the most part and they will get all of the FP.

As currently designed this will just be an opportunity for the top factions to gain more FP and the weaker factions to have little opportunity.

Actually one thing that I think would make it better that would change my vote to a yes would be the following changes

1) No player/faction bases of any kind
2) Once derelict is captured it gives off cmd until it UDs (like Shak base). Cmd is awarded in the same fashoin as FP on aldus so if you lose it right at the end you still get the benefit of having it on the turns where you possessed it.
3) Derelict site contains the HQ which can be killed/salavged as well as a node/relic type item that must be captured to gain the FP or command
4) These derelict bases deploy to planet for a random number of turns between 100 and 600
5) Derlict bases deploy randomly throughout the cycle with 2 bases at start (.5% chance of a base drop each turn thereafter which allows for random numbers of derleicts available at any time)
6) Derelict Base dropping has no restrictions so it could come down on 8 of your units (I think Shak has something to stop it from dropping on too many people)

As I mention before I would actually prefer a command payout. Maybe the same rate as konu times 5 to compensate for the drop costs. and like konu all players in the faction get this cumulation of all the payout at the end of the drop

I think otherwise this just becomes an adjusted faction war planet.

I am all for the buildings to be new types that are bandit only (and effectiveness between Shak and current strux available buildings).

ok i see what u are saying the idea still need to be tweaked more and i agree but i think i am going to revise this abit, and make your ideas and my ideas mesh, this idea was made to replace aldus now that aldus is stayed and more need is for a command planet....

so i updated to list to these changes:

1. BDHQ is now JUST A NEW BUILDING, can be salvaged
2. Super Relics will be interduced,(lets call them that for now till we get a better name) like a relic when caped u gain command at same rate as relics on konu
3. Super Relics will still be like a nodes bases can be dropped BUT ONLY 25 BUILDING BASES ALLOWED(25 and 20 of u have both Super Relics caped)
4. a relitively small planet like aldus size

list will be updated and any ideas that overlap this will be deleted or revised

i understand for the demand for a another command out put planet, that is why i have changed this

also this is will make fighting over them very profitable for the faction as a whole, i am also playing with the idea of maybe just command going to the faction for the factions that are big that wouldn't make any profit from this.... but still a long cycle planet with relics for that long will turn a big pay out for who ever has it

Fifth wrote:
Another idea is, this is a place where players work together, so disable PvP on the planet entirely. This could also give higher level players who don't like the drama on PvP worlds to kill some high level bandits too.

sry PvP is a must if u have any kind of pay out of any kind u can't just have a free ride planet....expecally with some thing will pay out

---------------------------

now no one are jerks that say vote no or give ideas that is what this is all about make the idea better!!!

keep brain storming we still need a name for the planet a image for the planet to go on deployed.... still a lot todo, i know there is old user construx post about bandit building i will look up, lets make less for Frizz to think about makes it easier for him and might make it more appealing

i hope more people support this and show Frizz that we really want this idea this time....

list updated,

DFK

EDIT:

ok here is some of the bandit buildings i found i think there the right ones.... that i was looking for

Skarmag wrote:
Bandit Buildings! \o/

B = Ballistic, M = Missile, E = Energy;
R = Range, D = Damage, A = Ammo/Recharge Time.

Bandit Turret - Gatling Gun (Advanced)
Shields: 100 (+10/T)
Armor: 100
Power Use: 9
Weapons: 3x B 9R 6D 700A

Bandit Turret - Rocket Launcher (Advanced)
Shields: 150 (+15/T)
Armor: 50
Power Use: 10
Weapons: 1x M 6R 15D 850A

Bandit Turret - Plasma Gun (Advanced)
Weapons: 3x E 5R 10D 2A

Turret Control Tower (Advanced)
Shields: 150 (+7/T)
Armor: 25
Power Use: 5

*If you use Attack Target with the Turret Control Tower, all turrets will shot at that target.

Radar (Advanced)

*Enemy units in visual range receive a Penalty to-hit. (2 Gunnery Levels)
*Friendly units in visual range receive a bonus to-hit. (1 Gunnery Level)

i only change one thing about these, there thread organ is here http://forum.mobrulestudios.com/viewtopic.php?t=3237, these building are great, new, not over power, and weaker as all bandit stuff should be, i uped the damage sligty cuz of what is going to attacking them but other then that great stuff also some support building, also uped there health for the same reason, i need pictures made and also feedback on them

also once again tonight i looked at konu and it was more then 10 people down each time i saw it cycle Confused this is why a new planet is need and i hope this planet it what u guys push for and see that we need

list will be update after i just edited this and make sure u rate the building say ya or nay on wich thanks Very Happy

DFK

D-Fence it the best Offense!!!
Dfenceking2
Elite

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bump cuz i edit the last post (sry for double post)

more bandit buildings up and the maker is credited, support and turret buildings

DFK

darkrider2
Advanced

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok so if we can't drop simple units... how do we mine?
greengecko
Advanced

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SUPER SUPPORT

Dfenceking2
Elite

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

darkrider2 wrote:
ok so if we can't drop simple units... how do we mine?

do people still do this.......

any way this is going to be primarily PvP planet, u are not going to being able to stroll along and mine ore Confused

sopost to be a fast pace PvP planet, keeping simple units out will insure most newbies won't drop there on accident, as for salvaging hermits with be there also u can drop hermies and RH crews if u REALLY wish to mine.....

over all the simple unit ban it to help from new players getting bashed.....

DFK

dralnu1112
Intermediate

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

instead of Super Relic, why not Monolith?

also, as far as removing simple units, why not just put a minimum level (say 20) on the planet? That would keep r/e newbies from dropping at all.

Radar: I think switching the bonuses would make a bit more sense.
Rocket Launcher: Since rockets aren't guided, a penalty to-hit along with a bit higher damage would make more sense.

The rest sounds good, though.
Fifth
Advanced

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the idea of a minimum level, rather than a ban on simple units. I use simple units a lot as scouts, not just Lone-eyes.

www.fifthstories.org/index.html
Dfenceking2
Elite

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dralnu1112 wrote:
instead of Super Relic, why not Monolith?

also, as far as removing simple units, why not just put a minimum level (say 20) on the planet? That would keep r/e newbies from dropping at all.

Radar: I think switching the bonuses would make a bit more sense.
Rocket Launcher: Since rockets aren't guided, a penalty to-hit along with a bit higher damage would make more sense.

The rest sounds good, though.

like the name looked up basally like a big hill or small mountain Very Happy

also your probably right, making a lvl limit seem to be more of the right way to go, then simple unit thing that is also changed

also will agree radar building thing also going to post them again if people did see them down on this post, maybe we can get some people that will say if they support these building ideas or not....

Skarmag wrote:
Bandit Buildings! \o/

B = Ballistic, M = Missile, E = Energy;
R = Range, D = Damage, A = Ammo/Recharge Time.

Bandit Turret - Gatling Gun (Advanced)
Armor: 100
Power Use: 9
Weapons: 3x B 9R 6D 700A

Bandit Turret - Rocket Launcher (Advanced)
Weapons: 1x M 6R 15D 850A

Bandit Turret - Plasma Gun (Advanced)
Weapons: 3x E 5R 10D 2A

Turret Control Tower (Advanced)
Shields: 150 (+7/T)
Armor: 25
Power Use: 5

*If you use Attack Target with the Turret Control Tower, all turrets will shot at that target.

Radar (Advanced)

*Enemy units in visual range receive a Penalty to-hit. (1 Gunnery Levels)
*Friendly units in visual range receive a bonus to-hit. (2 Gunnery Level)

list updated with lvl requirement and Monolith in place of super relic name Very Happy
please tell me about bandit building yes or no Very Happy and on witch or even if some can be improved

thanks

DFK

denizenx
Intermediate

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i like the idea in a general sense, with a little work it could turn out very well indeed

"Give a man a fish, and he will eat for a day. Give a man anything better than a fish, and Phoenix Rising will beat his ass and salvage it."
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Drop Shock Forum Index -> Suggestions All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 30, 31, 32  Next
Page 2 of 32

Jump to: