FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Darkness Falls
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sentrovasi
Simple

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the point is that he's the DM*: we live off what we have and the world we're in, and he advances the plot and we just need to input our reactions accordingly.

There's something to be gained here in that our reactions will at least be authentic when they come, and our characters would actually act as they normally would: that is to say, author-intervention doesn't come into this.

Of course, the main plot appears to be revolving around Battalia, and the fact that God somehow orchestrated a series of events resulting in one of you pressing the inevitable button.

At this point, I'd think we'd just play our character as though it were a (sub)normal day in the world of TW, and leave it up to Battalia to decide what happens next.

It's the only thing that prevents this from becoming an FFA, so let's keep to it for originality's sake =3

*Dungeon Master, for those of you non-D&D players out there.
Battalia
Elite

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stories go through a process. There is the setting, then rising action, climax, falling action. Without a setting I can not give your character any part in the story if you don't give him a setting.
Battalia
Elite

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Due to the fact that the Lag Monster of TW decided I can't log in during the time I planned to post Sunday's next set, I can't. Crying or Very sad

Sorry for the inconveniance, please check back tommorow!
heartkilla2
Advanced

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh. happened to you too? thought it was a virus or something >>

Know for which side you fight, or thou may be blinded by power rather then justice, greed rather then goodness.
Battalia
Elite

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another Day goes past.
still waiting for report back from his trusty fighters.
it has been too long. at least one of them should have reported by now.

for the first time in many years Akanives ponders if it could have gone wrong. did they not get out in time. all the time planning.

he thinks it through his mind. the whole plan still unable to find where it could have gone wrong.

he drops off to sleep still deep in thought.

he awakes the next day in a cold sweat. woken by the door closing.

he looked up and in walked a shady character. dark Grey clothing with distinct slink in his walk.
"ah agent K... its good to see you back, where are the other two?"
inquired Akanives.

"I... I uh..I'm sorry but Carebears was lost. they ambushed us, Heartkilla made it out but i lost contact with him" replied agent K

"yes, he is strong and quick he should be able to make it back on his own, was the mission a success?"

"well the facility was destroyed, i managed to get this however"
Agent K places a scroll in Akanives hand

"What about the target??" Akanives queried having seemingly lost his temper.

"The target.h-h-he escaped!" stammered Agent K
"however i managed to tag his shoulder with my rifle so he is hurting"

"so Carebears is no longer with us, and we are still no closer to our goal... get out of here, i don't want to see you until he is dealt with!" Akanives Roared

With that he wanders into his chamber.

Agent K still stunned walks slowly out of the building, however just as he gets to the exit he hears the Countdown begin.

He runs to the command chamber and confronts Akanives.
"what are you doing" Agent K glares at the screens then once returns his focus to Akanives.

"You can't, there is still things to be done there, you never gave us time to retrieve..."
"SILENCE, I've had enough of stalling this, it begins now"

agent k makes a dive for the controls and in a struggle with his master he manages to divert the target to a nearby land but was unable to cancel the countdown.

Akanives throws agent K back and roars at him "what are you doing, what has got into that little shell???"

Akanives doesn't even give him a chance to explain, he walks out and as he slams the door behind him, booms out "deal with your mission then come see me to explain!"

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Heartkilla stepped over the bruised and twisted body of a slave who had been unlucky enough to try and steal from him. he looked up suddenly and caught a glimpse of Dfenceking before he suddenly went back into his "recon mode".

Heartkilla sighed. In his encampment, stealing was punishable by death, but some idiots still went about doing it. he eyed Dfenceking's Katana Meka, supposedly with improved range, with a look of disgust. he hated Dfenceking with all the blood in his veins. hated him more then the people who had launched the nuclear silo in the first place.

he stepped over the encampment and smiled to himself when he saw the secret doors hiding the vault beneath. even though his fellow commanders were seen as rough and un-sophisticated, they were quite the opposite. seeing as suddenly a mass of metal emerged from the ground.

Heartkilla stepped onto the disk which took him down into the planet itself. he saw his mekas and smiled. tonight he was going to finish it after all.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Coming out of the slipstream of space Evil docked with
the Space station Newhaven, Deliverances headquarters.
Evil stormed into the station flanked by Bishop His lieutenant
and drop mate and his pet Jester, a Sha'Kahr Dovuk, a
Medium sized intelligent 6 legged spider like creature
that feeds off the energy used in lasers. The creature
Glided on its 6 legs behind Evil its tentacle eyes
looking around, its maw opening allowing it to breathe.
Before he entered the command post Evil sent Bishop and
Jester back to the hangar bay to await further
instructions

Evil entered the command post of the bridge. Status
report what the hell happened down there. A large muscular
man with a cybernetic arm turned around and looked at
him. "Oh shit sorry sir," Said Evil. Evil looked at the screen
behind Spellbreaker. He read the words on the holonet.
"PGF uses nuclear arms against deliverance forces!" "PGF
claims that this attack was a glitch in their defensive
AI" "Oh shit" said Evil. "They think they can use these
weapons and get away with it" said Spellbreaker "their not"
Evil Nodded "Are we going to use mega?" Evil replied "No
not yet, if we detonate that we still don't know what it
can do. I am planning on testing a smaller device tomorrow on
Serpenti-III. It is an unused system that was mined out
centuries ago"

The Next day

"Omega Test prepared Detonate on my mark"
Detonate

A large flash appeared in the distance on Serpenti-III.
It started as a firecracker on the planets surface and
engulfed the whole planet soon after. Evil watched the
planets crust crack after the nuclear device's smoke
cleared. "Beautiful" said Spellbreaker as the chunks
of the planet spiraled out into space.

The intelligence officer had a short conversation with
spellbreaker. Spellbreaker turned to Evil "We will
deploy two of those tomorrow on two different PGF
civilian worlds tomorrow, then we will launch a strike on their
Refueling port over Konu, the Exodus" Spellbreaker added, "you will be the one to carry it into battle, their already loaded into your ship. Evil sat there, His mind contemplating how horribly this could fail, and
the Effects of this succeeding.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Richard finally threw the metal pin off of him that had pinned him inside his destroyed meka for the last few hours. What gave him the energy boost to get out was a voice. He knew it very well and there was no mistaking it. He clambered out of the cockpit of the wrecked Wolfhound Meka, and felt remorse for the meka as it had been a link to his past, the only thing he had left. He looked up and saw her. He tried talking but he couldn't find the words. A tear rolled down his cheek. She just starred at him with a tight smile on her face. Her garb was all black and the color didn't really suit her but he relished once again being in her presence.

"Aris?" he managed to choke out between sobs of joy.

"Yes." She replied but didn't move.

"How did you? But... Your dead." He stammered and another tear rolled down his cheek.

"Yes." she replied which confused Richard.

"Then... How are you here?"

"She has allowed me to visit you, Richard. She was very gracious and kind."

"Wh... Who?"

"She goes by the name of Nifa. Richard, you must find her. She has the power to bring me back."

"Where can I find her?!" he shouted. Aris pointed towards the fallen meteor that had reduced his meka to ribbons. Richard looked at it then looked back to Aris to see her begin to blow away in the wind. "Aris!" he shouted at her and jumped from the debris to hold her but she just dissolved in his arms.

"Hurry Richard..." Aris whispered as she faded away. He jumped back into the cockpit and began rifling through the garbage to salvage what he could. He had lose his love once, and could not bear to let her drift away again.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Battalia kept his meka running towards the nearest city on Hadeas: Hells Haven. Hells Haven wasn't exactly allied with anyone, but stood neutral with all, which in turn earned it no favors with any group. Showing up with a ragtag group of injured mekas wasn't the best way to get a warm welcome but he needed to get to a secure line and get evac for what was left of his company.

"Thirty Six mekas and we lost twenty to some sniveling intelligence agent who made a mistake. Why is it that we pay the price for these fools time and time again?" Battalia said to no-one in particular but got reaffirmations from most of the survivors.

"Sir, ummm, Battalia? What exactly IS that?" Battalia turned to see one of the Brightlance Mekas in the formation stopped and looking behind them. He turned ready to face some new threat but what he saw chilled him to the core.

"Battalia's Battle Axe meka fell to it's knees as he watched three white missiles streak across the sky.

"Hells Haven come in! Nuclear weapons inbound! Estimated target area is your location!" Battalia shouted into his comm link.

"Hells Haven here Commander Battalia, are you positive?" Came back a trembling voice.

"Affirmative, three, repeat THREE tactical nuclear missiles are inbound!"

"But... Our shield... It won't be ready in time!"

"Get everyone out! NOW!"

There was nothing tactical about nuclear weapons in Battalia's mind. It was the cowards way out, and the civilian population ended up paying more than the military did. Battalia punched up the news channel to catch the end of a speech by a Deliverance Officer. The name didn't sound familiar but Battalia couldn't forget Xebo's face.

"We will not stand around while PGF uses nuclear weapons on us! They will pay for this mistake! Fr0zeN out!" Said Xebo. Battalia couldn't believe his eyes.

"Hells Haven here, please come in, PGF meka."

"This is Battalia."

"We have confirmed counter launches by PGF forces. I advise you to stay away from any major bases, because Hadeas is going back to the stone age."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

From a deep sleep i sat up to a bright sun, but wait a second, that isn't a sun that is NUKE going off in the distance. I got up and started picking up my temporary camp i said to myself, "i need to find a suitable and more stable camp." As i am climbed up my Katana Meka i hear some thing, and i remember that the shak base was in that general area. when i climbed in i turned my radar jamming on and look over the horizon where the nuke hit at. Under my breath i said, "Oh my god!" all i see is a sea of purple coming towards me.

Ok, i said to my self this is it this is pay back time. I turned my weapons on and ran down the mountain with my hydra power plant pushing me at ungodly speeds. when i got in range, i could see there were beat up by nuke so this was going to be a cake walk. there was about 20 of them, i just basically spearhead there group that was running from the area. as i powered through them like a hot knife though butter, shak drones landing left and right. i seen it out of the corner of my eye, it was said to only be a myth!

It was a shak overlord, the only way i could tell was cuz it had a mini vanguard cannon on it's back. we have all heard the story of newbies see them just before they die, but no one really believed them. as i make way to the shak overlord i see in the distance Doogan powering down on the shak seeing the same easy kills that i did. As i stare at it coming down I use my X variant on my kat to kill a shak that was targeting me. i thought to my self, should i stay and fight or should i go.

-Defenceking
---------------------------------------------------------------------

The North East quadrant proved to be more difficult. Some how bandits had managed to get their hands on 3 Bright lance meka. Patraic had even had to call in Maj. Ramirez in Eagle 2. It was a tough fight but, in the end the bandits had fallen. They just couldn't match the training, coordination, or access to the modifications of the PGF meka. Salvage 1 was busy clearing out the bandit wreckage. They might be a bit weak by PGF’s standards but the Brighlance was a formidable meka in any configuration.

Patraic was about to order the sweep into the Eastern quadrant when he noticed something odd toward the South.

“Eagle 2 do you see those contrails to the South?”

“Eagle 1, roger that. I’ve never seen Drop Ships leave that kind of trace before.” replied Maj. Tomas Ramirez. “Somebody must have come up with something ne. . . .oh . . . My . . . GOD!”

As Eagle 2 was speaking the contrails had dropped off below the southern horizon. Everywhere one disappeared there followed a blinding flash. Timed with the flashes the electronic displays of Patraic’s meka flickered. Modern war machines are routinely hardened against electro-magnetic interference. The effects of energy weapons demanded it. The only thing that could account for both the searing flashes haloing the horizon and the EMP effecting his meka were thermo-nuclear detonations. A lot of them. And not just the kiloton bursts from tactical weapons but the full megaton range detonations of strategic weapons.

The enormity of what was happening overwhelmed everyone and left him and his people momentarily stunned. Then there was a sudden burst of questions and horrified chatter on the general net. Patraic’s blood ran cold as the reality of the situation took hold.

Patraic’s hand slammed down on the command override for all comm nets. “Eagle 1 to all units rally to Mike Mike 1. I say again, all units rally to Mike Mike 1. SILENCE ..SILENCE ..SILENCE.”

The general net went off the air. On his HUD Patraic could see the recon Lone Eyes were already moving. The Digger Diamondbacks moved out next. Closely shepherded by Maj. Ramirez’s Wolverine. Patraic waited for Lt. Mai Ling to finish her current salvage op with the Salvage 1 Hermit and followed her in. He prayed that his order to go to radio silence had been enough and in time. The mining base could only be considered a juicy target by whoever was throwing nukes around.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Just then the alarm blared over the intercom all over the base, the base computer with an emergency message begins speaking "Incoming nuclear missile strike located, estimated time of impact is in five minutes, initial casualty rate estimated at ninety-four percent". A few seconds later the computer continues "Cafeteria one is still closed for decontamination, Please continue to use cafeteria two for the time being. Today's special is meatloaf with Konuvian gravy, thank you, and have a wonderful day"!

Humungus upon hearing this breaks into a run, heading for the nearest computer terminal. He arrives and allows the machine to scan his right eye for identification, one of the few parts of him that is still flesh, and not machine. After this, the screen lit up and the familiar voice of the base computer spoke up. "Lord Humungus, how are you this afternoon? Is there anything I can do for you sweetie?"

Humungus looks at the screen, and shouts. "You can get some god damn countermeasures online"! The computer makes a little simulated laugh. "Hehe...I'm so sorry to get you all worked up, My sensors may be a little dusty, it's not going to hit right here".

After checking the new data, Humungus notices that a few of his scouts that he sent out to kill the enemy's lone eye's would be close enough to the impact area for a visual. He hails one of the scouts, and brings it's camera view up on the monitor. "hold position, I need to see that area for a few minutes". The countdown nears it's end five, four, three, two, one. In the distance of the video feed a mushroom cloud shows up, a few seconds later the video seems to tumble end over end and then cut off as the blast shock reaches the scout.

Looking at the black screen, Humungus tells the computer "Find out every bit of information on this that you can, who did it, who they hit, everything". Humungus turns to head back to his private quarters then stops and turns around speaking to the computer one last time. "And make sure the base cook has some kind of an accident....I truly despise meatloaf....make sure it is not quick"!

Last edited by Battalia on Tue Jul 08, 2008 7:12 am; edited 1 time in total
akanives
Advanced

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

who was after your own batt. cant pick up who it is and there is no names...

You’re only spoilin’ for a fight,
Spoilin’ for a fight,
Spoilin’ for a fight,
Spoilin’ for a fight,
Spoilin’ for a fight,
Dfenceking2
Elite

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ya he really needs to add my name at the end like he did in his 1st post lol

but i had a kat meka before in 1st post, then in 2nd post so put it togher Very Happy

DFK

D-Fence it the best Offense!!!

Last edited by Dfenceking2 on Tue Jul 08, 2008 9:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Battalia
Elite

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yea it was Defence, I made an edit. I don't like his choice of 1st person narration but oh well Wink

And if others are confused, Richard = Darksire

And my apology goes out to Wannabe, I forgot to include his part! Embarassed

"Bulldog... hey, Bulldog, you see that?" Janok was
pointing off toward the line of PGF mechas as they fell backwards.
The lone observation post they had holed up in was
severely underpowered, the lights that were usually strong enough
to show even a single strand of facial hair now barely
strong enough to see your own hand infront of you. Luckily, you
could see well enough without them, for now.

Bulldog pulled out a set of black earbuds, hooked into a
Sansa MP3 player. He half rolled, half fell from his
bunk, walking sluggishly next to Janok. "Probably those
Deliverance guys shootin' off some fireworks, nothing i'm
sure those PGF guys can't handle." Michaels began walking
back toward his bunk when the streaks began falling down
towards the PGF side of the battlefield and explode
triumpanthly.

The shockwave was enough to throw Josepth off of his bunk
and onto the ground, and to knock the power offline for
many minutes. "The hell was that?!" Then, the unrelenting
sound, as though they were the ones being shot at. All
three could have sworn they went deaf until the power
came back on. The three got back up, and looked outside,
toward where the streaks had finally fallen. "Holy shit..." was
the only thing that escaped Josepth's mouth as the
streak's identity was finally made clear: Nuclear WMDs.
rowfan
Simple

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty awesome, although I liked it better when it was just from Batt's view. Also, a TACTICAL nuke is a very small weapon, not a WMD at all. thats a strategical nuke. Don't know if I read something wrong, but FYI.

AWESOME JOB! Smile
Sentrovasi
Simple

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, this is essentially a story written by manymanypeople, just put into a single thread =3 It's unavoidable that things like that happen.

Additionally, Battalia, I've seen quite a few post twice now: can I just randomly submit excerpts of my story before the giant explosion renders any narrative I want to have done before it becomes redundant...? Or do I have to wait for another message from you?
Battalia
Elite

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Believe it or not This DOES have a story line controlled by me, and all the "explosions" are roughly in order by timeline.

Sent, I don't recall you sending in ANY material past the casting call so it would be hard to fit you in now as things are almost at the rising action.
Starke
Simple

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Batt, I think you missed posting the second part of my original message in here too. I figured it might actually work for this next segment. Also, when the server comes back up I'd love a response to the question about your villain.

Do you know what a travesty a dead dragon is? Click the egg!
Battalia
Elite

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have your answer but I can't EVER log in!

Just a side note, since I have been unable to get on ANY time this week, you guys have this week off. It's not fair to make you all write this close to Sunday already and I can't mail you guys in the first place.
Starke
Simple

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alrighty. Sorry Batt, didn't mean to be a jerk about it or anything Sad Looking forward to writing the next one though Smile

Do you know what a travesty a dead dragon is? Click the egg!
xyzc2
Intermediate

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is pretty awesome :p

"Now I see you choosin' the hard way." - Booty Warrior
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Drop Shock Forum Index -> Fan Fiction All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: