FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Want to Earn some TinyBucks?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Drop Shock Forum Index -> Terrabucks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Frizz
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 10:24 pm    Post subject: Want to Earn some TinyBucks? Reply with quote

Hi All -

With TinyWarz 2.0 launched the help guide needs to be updated with new images. I thought I throw this out to all of you before I tackled it myself, here are the pages and images that need to be worked on:

http://game.tinywarz.com/help.html
- The Construction image needs to be re-done, all arrows and information should be carried over to the new image.
- The Modify image needs to be re-done, all the arrows and information should be carried-over to the new image, a note needs to be added about the Reserve / In Army toggle and why your Commander is in blue.
- A View Army image is needed, this should have arrows and information about each part of the page.

http://game.tinywarz.com/help_map.html
All images on this page need to be redone ... the following areas should be be covered:
Overview
Orders
Status
Waypoints
Attacking (New!)
Commands

A 20 TinyBuck bounty will be paid per image that is accepted. This bounty will be paid to the BEST image provided (not the first). You have a week to create and provide your images. Please post your images to this thread when they are completed.

_f

Centorbot
Advanced

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Question

Last edited by Centorbot on Wed Feb 06, 2008 2:56 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
scully
Simple

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ill have a go on one if you would like but will not promise you anything.

Scully
pawelotti
Simple

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frizz, can you do something, please?
You allowed 2D mode on map, can you do the same with 2D in main site (construct, etc.)?
Advanced

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dangit, i'd do this, and I need teh TB, but I don't have teh skill :_(

Anyways, good luck to those who can Smile
If these nukes are north korean, implement them anyway. They wont get 3 squares before tripping on a rock and turning into salvage.
Pauan
Intermediate

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

By Frizz's request:

------------------------------

Last edited by Pauan on Sun Feb 10, 2008 9:35 pm; edited 2 times in total
Killer_Rush
Simple

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

why is the commander is in blue because is it's "Automatically in Army" you don't have to click the in army or in reserve because there is no option on the commander vehicle and you can never get it out in the army unless you don't put your commander in any vehicle then there will be no blue unit there in View Army
cbx
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Killer_Rush wrote:
why is the commander is in blue because is it's "Automatically in Army" you don't have to click the in army or in reserve because there is no option on the commander vehicle and you can never get it out in the army unless you don't put your commander in any vehicle then there will be no blue unit there in View Army

Huh??? I don't understand the point you are trying to make.

And what has this to do with Frizz's post about earning Tinybucks?

If you can decide if you are making a suggestion, reporting a bug or just making a comment, move this to the right Forum.

CBX
bRave
Intermediate

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I was preparing all the images in little different style but I had small computer disaster here and most of the work is lost Sad. I will try to make them again but it all depends if Frizz will give us strictly a week or little more. For now just one image that I was able to recover:

Btw. All typos and grammar mistakes are because my poor language skills, not because of laziness, all can be easy corrected upon request.

Edit1: Added Batt's correction.

Last edited by bRave on Sun Feb 10, 2008 1:26 pm; edited 2 times in total
Frizz
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi bRave -

That's a good slide, if you want to work with someone to fix the typos I think it would be a keeper.

_f

bRave
Intermediate

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, well If somebody is willing to help here is entire text from the image above, it will make the correction much easier:

----------------------------------------------------------
BOX 1

- Oversight can determine how many mod slots a unit will have. Bigger oversight gives higher chance for more slots but rises the command points part of unit build cost. Mods can be used in mod slots to add weapons, armor, shields, or other abilities. A unit can have a maximum of 4 slots.

BOX 2

- Take damage before armor, regenerate at specific rate, for example: [+4/T] = 4 per turn regeneration.

- Takes damage after shields, doesn’t regenerate. When armor reaches 0 the vehicle is destroyed.

- Longest distance that the vehicle can move per turn without getting large accuracy penalty.

- Longest distance that the vehicle can move per turn.

- Determines how much command it will cost to deploy this unit. Mods and crews may rise it.

BOX3

Range
Damage
Recharge time in turns for energy weapon
Single weapon
Amount of ammo for ballistic and missile weapon
Kind of weapon

- Ballistic weapon. Can shoot up to its listed range. Uses ammo but can fire every turn.

- Energy weapon. Can shoot up to twice its listed range. Gets accuracy bonus when shooting at distance smaller then the weapon range and penalty when shooting over the range. Doesn’t use ammo but needs time to recharge.

- Missile weapon. Can shoot up to twice its listed range. Gets accuracy penalty when shooting at distance smaller then the weapon range and bonus when shooting over the listed range. Uses ammo but can fire every turn.

BOX4

- Prerequisites. This unit requires mods to build it. Mods (but not the construx for the mod) are used up when the vehicle is constructed.

Missing mod
Kind of mod
Amount of specific mod in your storage

BOX5

Amount of ore and command points that need to be spend to build one vehicle.
Not enough ore to build this unit

Amount of unit construx. You need at least one construx of the unit that you want to build. Every construx up to 10 lowers the build cost (ore and command) by 5% from the base price. Every vehicle construx over 10/20/30 provides a 4% chance of getting 1st/2nd/3rd variant. The chance for variants caps at 80% - to have 80% chance for all three variants you need 50 construx.

Btw. I can work on other images but it will probably take another week or slightly more. I was averaging one image per day with my available free time. It may looks like it shoudn't take so much but to keep this style and to fit it all in horizontal 800 pixels takes a lot of thinking and work on layout. Not even speaking about making/doing proper screen shots. For example in this case Paladin wasn't chosen without reason: cool meka image, all 3 kinds of weapons, different max and controlled speeds, few prerequisites. That way of thinking is needed in case of rest of the images too if you want them to look cool and informative.

EDIT1 Added Batt's correction.

Last edited by bRave on Sun Feb 10, 2008 1:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Battalia
Elite

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used brackets, underlines and bolds to help you identify fixes.

-Batt

bRave wrote:
Thanks, well If somebody is willing to help here is entire text from the image above, it will make the correction much easier:

BOX 1

- Oversight can determine how many mod slots a unit will have. Bigger oversight gives higher chance for more slots but rises the command points part of unit build cost. Mods can be used in mod slots to add weapons, armor, shields, or other abilities. A unit can have a maximum of 4 slots.

BOX 2

- Take damage before armor, regenerate at specific rate, for example: [+4/T] = 4 per turn regeneration.
- Takes damage after shields, doesn’t regenerate. When armor reaches 0 the vehicle is destroyed.
- Longest distance that the vehicle can move per turn without getting a large accuracy penalty. (Penalty to hit might be better here)
- Longest distance that the vehicle can move per turn. (Didn't mention the massive penalty to hit!)
- Determines how much command it will cost to deploy this unit. Mods and crews may rise it.

BOX3

Range
Damage
Recharge time in turns for energy weapon
Single weapon
Amount of ammo for ballistic and missile weapon
Kind of weapon

- Ballistic weapon. Can shoot up to its listed range. Uses ammo but can fire every turn.
- Energy weapon. Can shoot up to twice its listed range. Gets accuracy bonus when shooting at distance smaller then the weapon range and penalty when shooting over the range. Doesn’t use ammo but needs time to recharge.
- Missle weapon. Can shoot up to twice its listed range. Gets accuracy penalty when shooting at distance smaller then the weapon range and bonus when shooting over the listed range. Uses ammo but can fire every turn.

BOX4

- Prerequisites. This unit requires mods to build it. Mods (but not the construx for the mod) are used up when the vehicle is constructed.

Missing mod
Kind of mod
Amount of specific mod in your storage

BOX5

Amount of ore and command points that need to be spend to build one vehicle.

Not enough ore to build this unit

Amount of unit construx. You need at least one construx of (the) unit that you want to build. Every construx up to 10 lowers the build cost (ore and commands (command is already plural, no need for the s!)) by 5% from the base price. Every vehicle construx over 10/20/30 provides a 4% chance of getting adequately (Don't need this word here!) 1st/2nd/3rd variant. The chance for variants caps at 80% - to have 80% chance for all three variants you need 50 construx.

(Not going to correct this! Twisted Evil)
Btw. I can work on other images but it will probably take another week or slightly more. I was averaging one image per day with my available free time. It may looks like it shoudn't take so much but to keep this style and to fit it all in horizontal 800 pixels takes a lot of thinking and work on layout. Not even speaking about making/doing proper screen shots. For example in this case Paladin wasn't chosen without reason: cool meka image, all 3 kinds of weapons, different max and controlled speeds, few prerequisites. That way of thinking is needed in case of rest of the images too if you want them to look cool and informative.

bRave
Intermediate

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Batt, updated. I thought that it will be more Wink. Everything else sounds good?
deathlynx
Simple

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I've had a first attempt at one of these...I can do most of the other deployment ones pretty quickly...I know this one has already been done, but he mentioned the best rather than the first so a little competition should be a good thing Wink

It can be shrunk as needed...but there wasn't a mention of image sizes or maximums...

edit: added orders and status screens...

Frizz
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bRave -

That's a great image, but there still a ton of grammar problems with it.

I'd like to use it, maybe you can team up with someone and fix all the grammar issues. I'll give you each 20 TinyBucks if you can turn that into a solid help graphic.

_f

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Drop Shock Forum Index -> Terrabucks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: