FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

TinyWarz Rangers - Season One
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LordRex
Advanced

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 8:59 pm    Post subject: TinyWarz Rangers - Season One Reply with quote

Due to the unexpected writer's block I've encountered...along with the crapola of RL problems, I've started on another story - which I hope to finish. No prior knowledge is required of PROO or the Power Rangers universe. It'll get better soon...

TinyWarz Rangers

Disclaimer: Power Rangers is not mine. TinyWarz is not mine. Anything you don’t recognise is mine. All names in the TinyWarz universe belong to their respective players – including Frizz. PRAU in my Dark Universe. Spoilers for my other work – which includes self insert. Slight OOC. For the purposes of my story, PROO happens in 2099 and in our dimension. Absolutely no Mary-Sue in here. All TW in-game info is current.

Timeline – Post PROO. Ronny is now 24.

TinyWarz Rangers

Chapter One: New Place, Familiar Face

Year 2104 – Orbiting the Planet Konu.

She smiled to herself. It had taken months for her to get accepted into the TW space program – even with the backing of Andrew Hartford and NASADA. But here she was, Veronica “Ronny” Robinson, walking towards the office of Supreme Commander Frizz, nervous as hell.

The interstellar flight was a bit slow for her liking, but it had gotten her to the TW HQ fast enough. She slowly breathed out, her long brown hair sweeping gently across her shoulders, wondering for the umpteenth time how she was going to do. She fingered her Overdrive Tracker on her arm nervously. True, she hadn’t had to use her morpher for a few years, but she liked to be prepared for anything.

It was normal for “new blood” to report straight to Frizz, but she liked looking around first. She couldn’t get into anywhere though – even clad in her Overdrive uniform. Most of the people around her wore eerily similar clothing – a black shirt under a long sleeved leather jacket with black slacks. Well…if she primed herself right, she could get into whatever trouble she liked…

Mack had jokingly called her a “trouble magnet” – because everywhere she went, danger followed. It was one of the reasons she had applied for the TW space program. Well, that and the constant thrill of battle, hulking mekas and the endless modifications, customisations and tweaks she could put on her vehicle. Stopping in her steps, she blinked.

OK…too much time thinking like Rose. Where the…oh my God…

Her eyes were drawn to one figure in the crowd. Screams of “DIE!” punctuated the air as she somehow crept closer. He was just the same as she remembered him. Tall, slightly built, closely cropped black hair, sharp hawk-like features and a squared jaw caused by a prominent overbite.

It was Weihan Liang. The Ranger that had single-handedly saved the team from defeat – only to leave after the battles. She had to admit, though, he still was as cute as ever. He was currently engaged in some light-hearted banter with some people.

“Well, I’ve got a few variant Mite Mekas on the Black Market.”

Oh God, she thought as she inwardly withheld a moan. His voice was still as smooth as ever, with a low undercurrent of humour and seriousness. One of the people walking past – a heavyset Asian – called over to him.

“Oh yeah? How much?”

“11,000 credits, mint condition and all slotted. I’ve even –”

A pause as she saw him look in her direction. His eyes lit up as he jogged forward, towards her – conveniently ending his trade discussion – to the chagrin of the willing buyer. He still held an air of authority around him, but – damn – he looked good.

Even better than Tyzonne?

Damn. That was the rogue thought again – always reminding her of what she had left behind on Earth – but she wouldn’t have given this opportunity up for the world. Especially if it meant seeing Weihan again.

As Weihan neared her, he felt his breath quicken. Ronny still looked beautiful. His eyes swept over her body, taking in every inch of her. She was simply stunning. He tried to calm himself.

He knew what was going on. His crystal was part of the problem anyway. He walked up to her and they embraced like old friends – which they were. As much as he wanted more, he knew that the mission came first. He they parted, he began a mental checklist of everything that needed to be done.

It wasn’t calming him down. his brain went into hyperdrive, crazily telling his lower anatomy to behave itself. That wasn’t working. Then, he realised she was looking at him with barely suppressed mirth – presuming correctly that it was directed at him. He took in a deep breath and steeled himself, running his tongue over his lips to prepare himself.

“Ronny”

She started at the sound of her name. Weihan bit down on the inside of his cheek, trying not to laugh. It felt good, seeing her again, feeling her body pressed up against his…and he should get his brain back on the mission before he ended up pouncing on her. He spoke again, dimly aware of GenStryker and Whistles384 moving the crowd away.

“We have a problem. I – we – need your help. We need Power Rangers”

TBC...

Meh, It'll get better...hope you liked it - nods to various TW players - past and present in this story.
Aura_of_Darkness
Advanced

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks great. Wanna see more.

OOC: Where do I appear? Laughing

EDIT: I see it. Lol.

GenStryker ingame
Epic Chat Encounters!
Pie_Masta
Intermediate

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go-go Power Rangers! da-nuh-da-nuh-nuh

XD Freakin funny and good =D
LordRex
Advanced

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uploaded pics of the 4 core rangers, weapons and enemies on my photobucket site

http://s57.photobucket.com/albums/g225/LordRex/
Pie_Masta
Intermediate

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NO YOU DE-EVOLVE RIGHT NOW!

GET... THE HELL... BACK IN THE WALL!
LordRex
Advanced

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chapter Two – Revival

Deep within the bowels of Hadeas, there lies a place so secret, that the so called “explorers” on the surface have never penetrated it. It is a rocky cavern, with highly advanced technology, weapons and tracking systems. It is also the revival point for one of the most horrific Sha’Kahr Overlords – Drakor.

Slowly, the energy began to build up in the centre of the room. The scouts and technicians stopped what they were doing and watched – both in fear and awe. As the energy concentrated itself, a laugh of pure evil echoed throughout the chamber. The result was near-instantaneous.

Every Sha’Kahr scout, technician and pilot ran – except for one.

He was tall, well built and possibly handsome – if you could overlook the crown of horns on top of his head. His four arms were held across his broad chest – an ancient sign of respect and admiration. With a sabre on his belt, he knew that he would serve his Lord well. Finally – after what seemed to be an eternity – the energy form spoke.

“Who…who are you?”

The warrior chuckled in his throat. Trust Drakor to not remember who he was. Well, he thought, he has an excuse at least. He replied to his Lord in a voice that brought a smile to the being’s eyes.

“I am your most loyal warrior, Drakor. My name is Spurex.”

Wait…Power Rangers? She couldn’t have heard him right. There was nothing worth taking here…except for those odd planets which jumped at the end of their “horizon”. What was there out here? She knew that the original creator of the Power Rangers, Zordon, had never ever intended for a team to be established this far out of registered space…but then again Mr. Hartford had never thought that a Mercurian would wield Ranger Powers either.

She guessed fate worked in strange ways. Dimly, she was aware of Weihan staring at her – or waiting patiently for her response. She exhaled slowly, noticing Weihan’s gaze drift towards her lips.

“Well…the one question I have is this. Who are we up against?”

Weihan sighed and ran a hand through his hair. He couldn’t fault her for asking – for being naturally curious, but this was a big issue. He had left the Elemental Rangers under the protection of the rest of the Ultra Rangers, so he knew that they were in good hands…but if Drakor came to Earth, they would be the first to fall. They still had their morphers, but the power of the Elements wouldn’t stand up to the raw fury of the Sha’Kahr. If that wasn’t enough on his plate, there was that little issue with his crystal…

“We don’t know. Reports coming out from the fledgling Affliction base reported a major energy surge about five minutes ago. This surge was pure Morphin energy.”

He shook his head. He had never imagined seeing her here again…not after the way they had parted after the mission. He cleared his throat and swallowed, noticing the way her eyes were drawn to him. If anything, this would be an interesting mission…

“We’ve run about twelve thousand resonance checks. We’ve sent about twelve messages out to Ranger-defended worlds including Earth, Aquitar and Eltare. We’ve read Zordon’s logs and diaries and we know who we’re dealing with.”

She waited. When no answer was forthcoming, she prodded him. She knew that all this hooplah was just his way of stalling for time. The mention of Zordon gave it away.

Zordon – the creator of the Earth-based Morphin Grid, the source of energy all Rangers tapped into – no matter where they were in the universe. The very same Zordon who had been trapped in a time warp millennia ago by Rita Repulsa. The same Zordon who had sacrificed himself at the end of the Countdown…to purge the universe of the evil threatening at the time.

All Rangers – past, present and future were dedicated to upholding Zordon’s dream. Weihan knew something big was around the corner, but he wasn’t sharing the information…

Just like on the mission
, she thought bitterly. So caught up in her thoughts, she almost missed Weihan’s reply.

“He’s called Drakor. He’s the only Sha’Kahr to be personally imprisoned by Zordon himself. I don’t know why he’s chosen now – of all times – to rise up. But he has and while he’s relatively weak, we need to prepare.”

Ronny stopped in her tracks at that. Prepare? With what? Sure, the Overdrive Powers were still intact, but one ranger wasn’t going to do much against an army. She said all of this to him and watched him smile gently. Of course, he had this all figured out…

“We have morphers. Your Overdrive Tracker won’t be enough against them – you’ll be ripped to shreds. I don’t want that to happen any more than you do. I care about you too much for anything to happen.”

Well, that answered her question on whether he was interested in her. The larger question now was – where were they going? She asked him and, like before, he smiled – this time larger than before. It seemed to light up his face – if not the entire room, filling her with a sense of peace, warmth and love. His voice was filled with love. For what, she didn’t know, but she sensed that it was directed at her.

“We, as in you and I, are going to meet your team of Power Rangers”

TBC…
1ron
Advanced

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wooh, we love you LR!

You want a movie sig? on the house Wink

http://wiki.mobrulestudios.com/index.php?title=Ask_1ron
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
LordRex
Advanced

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chapter Three – First Meeting

Simon Carville waited nervously in the room. At 21, he was one of the youngest field commanders in the Academy. Why they would pick him for an honour this big was beyond him. He ran a hand through his long brown hair and closed his eyes – deep in thought. He felt awed at how this had happened – and shocked at the speed. His green eyes flicked to the other occupant in the room – Katherine Murphy. She looked out of place – with blue eyes, shoulder-length red hair and a general valley-girl attitude. She was sort of cute, but not for him. Besides, he had heard rumours that the new girl was hotter – but taken.

He didn’t put much stock into that though. Everyone on Earth had said that he was too arrogant for his own good – that he had to fail to succeed or that he would one day meet his match. He didn’t think he was arrogant or over-confident. His previous girlfriends had left him – stating that he had come on too strongly or that he was inflexible. He took it as a compliment – simply because he wouldn’t see it any other way. He was brought up believing that showing any emotion was a sign of weakness – a chink in his armour that people could exploit.

In his eyes, he was born to lead. That was why he had been chosen for the Top Secret Ranger project. He was going to be the Red Ranger – the leader of the Rangers. He could do anything he wanted with the Power and nothing would stop him. Finally, he would achieve greatness.

Katherine “Kat” Murphy watched the slender young man across the room. He projected an aura of exaggerated confidence and boldness – something that did not sit well with her. Unlike him, she knew her own boundaries and what she was and wasn’t capable of. Leading – while it wasn’t her field of expertise – was something she was capable of. So was hand to hand fighting. Weapon combat, she wasn’t so keen on – mainly because she had no training whatsoever. Her eyes flicked over to Simon again and she gently chewed her bottom lip.

He was handsome, but too brash – too arrogant. She, too, had been chosen for the Ranger program, but she held no delusion on what colour she would probably be. She knew that there would be three core Rangers – Red, Yellow and Black. The uniforms would be modelled after the Yellow Overdrive Ranger, but they would give the impression of the formal TW Officer uniforms. The weapons were hand-crafted from the finest Eltarean steel, with the perfect blend of magic and technology. Of course, she had NO idea how the Zords worked, but being man made, she didn’t put much faith in them.

She knew the image she projected – one of a ditzy valley girl. She had worked her ass off to overcome that image, but everywhere she went, it seemed to be thrust in her face. On Earth, she was always the centre of attention – even when she didn’t want to be. Escaping on a shuttle bound for the farthest reaches of the universe was a dream come true for her…and a veritable nightmare for her parents. She knew they wanted her “safe and secure”, but even in the reasonable quiet of Sydney, there had been a few close calls with monsters. Compared with monster bashing, Bandit hunting seemed like a piece of cake. Then the offer had come.

The sound of the door opening brought the two occupants’ eyes up…straight into the faces of Weihan and Ronny.

What the hell?

Ronny’s thought echoed loudly in her head as she set eyes on the two potential rangers. The male seemed to be over confident and was leering at her. Unconsciously, she leant closer to Weihan, not minding when he wrapped an arm around her waist. Somehow, the feeling of being near him was intoxicating, alluring and protective all at once. She had never ever felt like this with anyone – not even Tyzonne. That had been one of the defining factors in their pseudo-relationship – that she could never feel safe with him. With Weihan, she felt secure. And, judging by the death glare the male recruit was receiving, the feeling was mutual.

She knew that from her tenure as the Yellow Ranger that she had changed. She was no longer so competitive or driven by an inner need to win. She knew when to hang back and let others take the spotlight, as well as taking matters into her own hands when necessary. One of the last things that Mr. Hartford had told her stuck in her memory.

“Ronny, you have great potential inside you. You can, and will, succeed in anything life throws at you. Even though you have served as a Yellow – you are a true Red at heart.”

A true Red. What was meant by that? To her knowledge, she had never taken away the spotlight from Mack or even Tyzonne. She had done her part and her duty. She had lived up to Zordon’s dream and vision. She didn’t know how to lead anyway. If anyone was going to take the lead, it surely would be Weihan. Although, leading had a certain ring to it…

She gave the female recruit a quick once over. Sure, she could taste the fact that she was a valley girl, but she could see the determination and drive that lay underneath. The female was a mirror image of herself at that age. She looked over at Weihan, to see him looking at her wistfully. She wondered what he was thinking about.

Oh man, this is going to be bad. Just look at them. Simon has a superiority complex, Kat is a self-styled Valley girl…OK, she’s trying to break out of that mould, which is admirable, but she has a long way to go. The only member I can count on now is Ronny…but I how can we be a team when my feelings for her aren’t reciprocated?

Weihan’s mind was a whirlwind. He could see potential in the two new recruits, but the leer Simon was giving Ronny was giving him a serious case of the green-eyed monster. He smiled as he felt her lean close to him, his arm slipping unconsciously around her waist. He felt at ease when she was around, but there was that feeling of insecurity. He knew he couldn’t fault it – it was what made him human after all – but that didn’t mean he had to like it.

Inwardly, he sighed. Being a Ranger had taken a heavy toll on him. In a way it had forced him to grow up fast. He could’ve only gotten away with the innocence he had if he had stopped after the first battle – but he couldn’t do that. Throughout his twelve years, he had seen all sorts of things that grown men would scream at. He liked to think he was stronger…but then again, who they were up against was a menace bigger than Dark Spectre.

It wasn’t as if he didn’t have time to love. On the contrary – he was looking for the right person to show up. He never gave 100% to his previous relationships – never quite opened up to anyone…even his girlfriends who were Rangers. He had just seen too much death and destruction. He wasn’t even sure that – if his feelings for Ronny were returned – he could give out love and support anymore. For him, life had become one large battlefield needing precise logic, tactics and explanations.

His arm tightened around Ronny’s waist and he felt her adjust herself to his grip. God, she was beautiful. He really regretted abruptly leaving after the Dryken Mission, but he needed to – the first energy pulse had been tracked down. He hoped that once things had settled down a fair bit, he would sit down with Ronny and explain his actions…that is, if he didn’t kill Simon first. That kid would seriously get himself and his team hurt if he didn’t step up to the task. Of course, he had absolutely no intention of giving him the Red TW Tracker. Even though both Conner and Mack had grown into the role of Red Ranger, there was something about Simon that set off his radar.

His eyes flicked to Kat briefly and he groaned in his head. She had been hand selected by Kimberley Hart-Oliver to be a part of the team. He always trusted Kim’s opinion on nearly everything, but to pick a Valley Girl? He suppressed a shudder, then chastised himself. Kim, herself, had become an excellent Ranger and role model for future generations, so there was a chance that she would break free of her material trappings. He knew she was trying to do just that and her efforts – small as they may have been – were truly pleasing. He glanced at Ronny, her body pressed up against his, and smiled.

As far as first impressions went, the only person he trusted implicitly was Ronny. He knew she trusted him as well – but he was very unsure about her feelings for him. He sighed and swallowed. Nodding his head once, he signalled for one of the new recruits – Pie_Masta – to come in. The recruit entered gingerly, holding a briefcase – emblazoned with Andrew Hartford’s Operation Overdrive logo.

It was time to act.

TBC…
LordRex
Advanced

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chapter Four – The Power

Spurex was tired of waiting. His master had fully reformed and was looking better than ever…if you could call it that. His face had…solidified, leaving him unable to talk normally. Needless to say, when Drakor had found this out, he was pretty blasé about it. Spurex had panicked, until he heard his master’s voice echoing in his head, silencing him. If anything, Drakor’s telepathic voice was more powerful then it had ever been. It boomed out, sending his minions running away in fear.

Another rude shock was the fact that Drakor’s lower torso had been severed sometime before he was imprisoned. Spurex had gone into another panic attack – which did not reflect well upon him – until he had an idea. Cobbling up pieces of scrap metal and circuitry, he was able to create a set of strong, sturdy and perfectly serviceable legs for him. Drakor had praised his efforts and had then left to find out where Zordon had gone to. Whoever Zordon was, was a mystery to him. He had grown up hearing stories about the great warrior Drakor was and how he had vanquished all in his path.

Patience was a virtue, his mother kept telling him. He was patient enough, but any and all delays were truncated with a well placed laser blast. He was basically exhausted, between the panic attacks and his construction work, he was dead on his feet. To make matters worse, his maturation spikes were due out any day now. Of course, that would mean extra damage for his enemies, but they would hurt like hell when they burst out. His ears perked up at the sound of a fist impacting against an electronic console. He sighed, shaking his head.

Zordon was probably dead anyway, so why worry?

Drakor stared at the screen in total and utter shock, before punching the console he was working on. Zordon of Eltare – the being who had imprisoned him – was dead. Had been dead for the past eight years. He couldn’t believe it. He was dead – and by the hand of a Ranger no less. His motivation for revenge had totally been swept out from under him. Well, not totally.

The Rangers were still around. He knew that if it weren’t for those four Rangers, he would have escaped Zordon’s wrath. He clenched his fist tightly, not caring that the metal dug into his skin. Those Rangers were probably all dead by now and he had forgotten what they looked like anyway. He shut his three eyes and sighed. He had to work out a plan of action. He had all but forgotten about Spurex – his ever loyal general. He was sure that the planet above would be of use to him, but it was filled with new sights, sounds and meat sacks.

He didn’t want to fall into he villain cliché, but he had to do something. The Universe had all but forgotten his name and the power he once held. The first order of business for him?

Onyx. It was time to look up a few friends.

Weihan took the case from Pie_Masta and then nodded once. The new recruit got the message and left quickly, closing the door behind her. He looked at the closed door and sighed. Pie was a wonderful recruit, but she was under suspicion for a number of things, including theft. He knew that somewhere deep down, she was a good person, but until she realised it herself…there was no hope for her. He turned to Ronny and the recruits and started to speak. In the small room, his voice boomed out – like Zordon’s once had.

“What I am about to tell you is a secret to all but the highest ranked people, both here – on the HQ ship – and on Earth. Millennia ago, a morphological being known as Zordon fought an interstellar war against an evil sorceress named Rita Repulsa. For Rangers alike, this is of no surprise. However, during that war, Rita enlisted the services of a brutal warrior. Billions of lives were cut short by his hands – he showed absolutely no mercy in what he did. That warrior was Drakor.”

He could have sworn he heard a pin drop. It was clear that no one – not even Ronny – was expected to hear that. Looking over at her again, he noted how cute she looked when she was in shock. He shook himself out of it. This was not the time to be fantasising over how she would be like in bed. He steeled himself and opened his mouth again.

“Not much is known about the Ranger team that caught him – only that they were well trained in various martial arts…and that their Yellow Ranger was a bit of a prick. Our words, not theirs.”

A ripple of laughter went through the group and they relaxed as one. Ronny leant back into his arms and stared at the case in his hand. She had wondered what Mr. Hartford had to do with what was happening out here. Gazing at Weihan, she noticed – for the first time – the strain he was under. He had a light coat of sweat on his skin and seemed to be twitching more than usual. The twitching was due to the ever-changing nature of the Power. He exhaled slowly and then spoke. His voice was softer than usual, but – due to the small room – echoed loudly.

“A while ago, I discovered that the Morphin Grid was attempting to expel a solid mass from within itself. After some deep digging and heated conversations with various members of the Eltarean government, I discovered that Zordon had trapped Drakor within the Light side of the Morphin Grid. It took a large loss of energy – brought about by his sacrifice – to weaken the energy prison. Now that Zordon is dead, Drakor will need information. This gives us time before he attacks. It is time to give you the Power. Veronica Robinson, step forward”

Ronny carefully disengaged herself from his arms and stood in front of him – for the first time staring into his eyes. What she saw drew a muted gasp out of her. She saw that he did love her as much as she loved him and a silent promise to explain what had happened during the mission. She also saw determination, strength, fierce loyalty to his friends and team and compassion. She knew that no matter how much training you had, no matter how many books you read – you weren’t a true leader until you held compassion for lives other than your own.

She waited patiently, as he expertly undid the latch on the case – with one hand. She briefly wondered what else he could do with his hands, before composing herself. What was in the case, took her breath away.

There were only three of them, but they bore the signature mark of the Overdrive Rangers – a compass. They were shaped like the Trackers, but didn’t have a cover. Instead, they had a trapezoidal screen above a circular keypad.

The flywheel was still the same and she supposed its only function was to access their morphing powers. She watched as Weihan gently picked up one of the Trackers, set the case down on one of the vacated chairs and stepped closer to her. His voice held the strongest note of pride and love she had ever heard.

“Veronica Robinson – Ronny – you have defended the Earth and the Corona Aurora against countless foes who wished to seize it. You had your powers used against you, you had to watch the people you love get hurt, you had to endure the hardships and pressures that only a Yellow Ranger could have handled. But, that was not your highest potential.”

She wondered what that meant and wondered if he had talked to Andrew recently. Those words had a chilling familiarity to them – but coming from Weihan’s mouth, she welcomed them. He pressed the Tracker into her hands, covering them with his own. He stared into her eyes and knew that she was the one for him. She had strength, beauty and a grace never seen since Kim. He carefully watched Simon out of the corner of his eye. His reaction to his next words would determine what colour he was given.

“Ronny Robinson, I – Weihan Liang, the Orange Utahraptor Ultra Ranger – am truly honoured and delighted to have you as the Red Ranger.”

TBC…
Aura_of_Darkness
Advanced

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Weihan took the case from Pie_Masta and then nodded once. The new recruit got the message and left quickly, closing the door behind her. He looked at the closed door and sighed. Pie was a wonderful recruit, but she was under suspicion for a number of things, including theft. He knew that somewhere deep down, she was a good person, but until she realised it herself…there was no hope for her. He turned to Ronny and the recruits and started to speak. In the small room, his voice boomed out – like Zordon’s once had.

Lol. Wonderful recruit though under suspicion.

Nice 3rd and 4th.

GenStryker ingame
Epic Chat Encounters!
Pie_Masta
Intermediate

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's just hope I turn to the evil side and kill Ronny! Twisted Evil nah, jk. Love it LR Very Happy
LordRex
Advanced

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You AREN'T killing Ronny, Pie!

You MIGHT be the Evil Ranger though...
LordRex
Advanced

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Note - If PROO began in 2099, then Mighty Morphin Power Rangers began 15 years earlier...in 2084

Chapter 5 – Emotional Flood

Simon saw red. He didn’t care that she had defended the Earth against countless threats. HE was supposed to get the Red morpher – not her! He was the one with the best test scores, the best track record, the best…well, everything! He had the proper attitude to lead the team and he knew what he could do with that power.

The commanding officer with her – Weihan, his name was – obviously didn’t see true greatness. He only saw a pretty face. A pretty face, which should belong to him and him alone. He had to say something. He stepped forward and looked hard into the other man’s face. His voice was hard, trembling with barely suppressed anger.

“Sir. You have made a mistake. I am the most qualified of all of us. I clearly deserve the Red morpher – not some girl you just picked up on the last transport in!”

Both Weihan and Ronny stared in shock at Simon. Weihan had expected there to be an outburst – but not as severe as this. He closed his eyes and rubbed his forehead in frustration. He knew that Simon was qualified for the Red morpher, but his attitude left a lot to be desired.

On the other hand, Ronny was outraged. She had earned that position with blood, sweat and tears – and she certainly wasn’t going to let some young boy with a chip on his should employer take it away from her. She turned on Simon with a death glare in her eyes and hissed at him.

“You,” she began, “Don’t know the first thing about being a good leader. Look at yourself. You have a high-and-mighty attitude but nothing to show for it. You seriously think that we would follow you into battle? If we did –”

Weihan swiftly moved to cover her mouth with his right hand, while restricting her body with his left. Seeing the death glare in her eyes fade out, he removed his hand from her mouth – but kept his arm around her. It was his responsibility to make sure that all three of them functioned as a cohesive unit…no matter what petty differences lay between them. He set his face into a hard look at glared at Simon. For his part, Simon managed to look a bit scared. When Weihan spoke, his voice was low and dangerous.

“I don’t know what your malfunction is Simon, and frankly I don’t care. What I do care about is this team. That includes you. I know your type. You think you should be handed the Red Power because you have the “advantage” of experience on us. Am I right recruit?”

Simon nodded once – curtly. Who did this guy think he was? He was perfect for the Red Ranger position – no matter what any one else thought. He started to get a bad feeling in his gut. Speaking out of turn would more than likely give him one of the weaker powers…Oblivious to Simon’s plight, Weihan kept talking.

“Well, that proves you wrong then. I had a great speech I was going to say to you – outlining your achievements, your hopes, your dreams. You just flushed that all away. You wanted to get the Red powers? Tough. I’ve made my decision and I’m sticking to it. Instead of being Red, you just ended up being Instead of being Red, you just ended up being Yellow.”

Simon’s face fell, while Ronny’s lit up with a beaming smile, which Weihan reciprocated. She turned around and gave him a long, hard hug – not letting go even when he addressed Simon again.

“And this girl you say I got off the last transport? You’re right about that. I did get her off the last transport because I knew she was coming. I knew she would be here. I know she has the right skills, attitude and knowledge to be a fine Red Ranger. You, on the other hand, have skills and knowledge. What you are lacking is attitude. So, you get the Yellow TW Tracker. You don’t like it, I can show you the door.”

Simon knew he had been beaten. He grudgingly took the Tracker from the case, grumbling as he left without being dismissed. He knew that at the next session, he would be in trouble, but he didn’t need to hear anything coming from Mr. Ultra Ranger…until Weihan’s next comment stopped him dead in his tracks.

“Just so you know, Ronny is my girlfriend now. We Rangers stuck together when we met and we’re not breaking up soon”

As soon as Ronny heard that come out of his lips, she smiled. It seemed that he did love her as much as she loved him. It would be interesting to see what Simon did with that new piece of information. As she looked at his retreating form, he seemed to hunch down lower than before and stomp off. She looked to Weihan, hoping that what he said wasn’t some form of prehistoric possession. What she saw there however, was an all-encompassing look of love and dedication. So enamoured was she that she didn’t even blink as his head came down and his lips touched hers.

The kiss was short, but it managed to convey long-suppressed emotion on both sides. Ronny’s arms dropped lower to hold his waist, wile his hands found their way – slowly – to the small of her back. They were so lost in each other that they didn’t notice Kat rolling her eyes at them. She picked up the remaining morpher and began to leave. However, as she turned back, she felt a bit bad for them. They obviously had only just acted on their feelings for each other…and with the coming fight…

But, she owed Weihan. She owed him a lot. If it hadn’t been for Kim and her critical eye, good memory and knowledge of what Weihan wanted…she’d still be on Earth trying to break out. That, and the fact that the room wasn’t soundproofed at all. She cleared her throat, loudly. The unexpected noise made the two lovers jerk apart – surprised. Weihan cocked an eyebrow at Kat, while Ronny smiled and blushed to the roots of her hair. He cleared his throat and sighed.

“Well, Katherine – Kat – Murphy, you have taken the position of second-in-command. That Tracker holds the powers of the Black Ranger. Over time, you will grow into your new powers and they will begin to unlock their secrets. The only Ranger who has ever – fully – unlocked his Power potential is Conner McKnight – the Red Dino Ranger.”

Kat’s eyes widened, while Ronny looked at him in shock. He knew Conner hadn’t lost his Dino Powers at all – he had just hidden them. When any Power Potential was unlocked, it allowed the bearer to keep the Power permanently. Fortunately, his Ultra Crystal’s potential had already been unlocked during the war on Eltare. He just morphed for the first time and the power was bound to his body. Then, the changes had begun and his face had started twitching at the oddest times. He thought of it as a facial tic, but had asked Zordon if there were any side effects of being directly connected with the Earth-bound Morphin Grid. He remembered the ancient sage’s response.

** Flashback**

He stared up at the giant head ,wondering if his question would be answered. Zordon seemed to mull over it for some time, before speaking again.

“WEIHAN, IT IS NOT UNCOMMON TO SEE THE TYPE OF TWITCHES YOU HAVE DESCRIBED. USUALLY, THEY ARE SEEN IN POWER VETERANS. AS YOU HAVE ONLY HELD THE POWER FOR TWO WEEKS, THEY SHOULD NOT BE SO APPARENT.”

Weihan sighed and ran a hand through his hair. He knew that the sage’s words were correct…he just didn’t have to like them. He suddenly had a thought – in time, would he be able to control the twitches? Or would they be a permanent part of his life forever? Upon the end of that question, the morphological being laughed.

“YES. YOU WILL BE ABLE TO CONTROL YOUR TWITCHES.YOU ARE A UNIQUE INDIVIDUAL. NO ONE HAS EVER HARNESSED SO MUCH POWER AS YOU IN ONE SHOT. THE POWER IS CHANGING, WEIHAN. IT IS CHANGING IN WAYS EVEN I CANNOT CATCH UP WITH. IN THE FUTURE, KNOWLEDGE – NOT POWER – WILL BE ESSENTIAL IN DEFEATING THE EVILS THAT THREATEN THE PLANET.”

**End Flashback**

Knowledge – not power. He always remembered that. Weihan suddenly felt a deep sadness wash over him. Unlike most of Zordon’s Rangers – past and present, he had never had a time to properly mourn the sage’s passing. He had never said goodbye to the man he considered his second father. It was a guilt he carried all the time – that he wasn’t there to say thank you. He shook himself out of his depression and remembered his place.

His Ultra Crystal was supercharging the generators – allowing them to create excesses of energy that would fuel the Zords. He knew that when he removed his crystal, he would not be able to morph for a very, very, very long time. That was due to the Power Regeneration – literal refuelling of his Ultra Crystal. He sighed once again and spoke.

“I’m not saying this to be dramatic, but you are the Power now. The Morphin Energies have seeped into your body – making you faster, stronger and more resilient than ever before. I will not be joining you on the field. Instead, I will be monitoring your progress from the only permanent base we will have on Hadaes.”

He paused, to let his words sink in. Ronny’s face was schooled into grim acceptance and determination, while Kat’s was still in awe. He was waiting for a subspace transmission from Kim and Tommy very soon – Kat was probably going to comm. them anyway. He collected the now empty case and closed it. He could barely hear the hum of its internal motors as it started its next process. He smiled at the remaining occupants in the room and made his closing comments.

“This isn’t about a crown, or a power source. To Drakor, Spurex and whoever else we will face, this is purely about revenge. That is what makes this battle harder for us. Our enemies are stronger than any in the past. They can – and will attack at any available opportunity. I need you to band together – all three of you.”

He saw them wince at the mention of the “three” of them. That meant they would have to track Simon down, and explain to him what being a Ranger was all about. His last words were authoritative and firm.

“I need Power Rangers.”

The planet of Onyx was designed to look like the Earthling’s old West. The only difference was that it was populated with various beings, aliens and bounty hunters. Since the planet had natural Energy shielding, it was the only place in the Universe where Zordon’s Wave hadn’t touched.

Drakor strode through the throng of beasts, aliens and mutants – until he came across the being he was looking for. His telepathic voice was soft, but it startled the lizard-like alien anyway.

“Dryken. I have come for you.”

TBC…
Pie_Masta
Intermediate

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

where the hell did i go?
Aura_of_Darkness
Advanced

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pie_Masta wrote:
where the hell did i go?

Somewhere.

GenStryker ingame
Epic Chat Encounters!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Drop Shock Forum Index -> Fan Fiction All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: