FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Merging Factions
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Frizz
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 9:45 pm    Post subject: Merging Factions Reply with quote

It's been requested that factions be allowed to merge, here's how it would work:

Two faction could be merged into a single faction, the faction points for both factions would be combined into the remaining faction. In-order to merge, the leaders of both factions must agree to combine factions. It would cost 1,000fp to merge two factions. All the faction points for the merged faction are lost and that faction would no-longer be usable by players.

- The factions leaders would decide which faction would remain after the merge.
- The 1,000fp cost would come out of the total fp from the merged factions.
- The remaining faction would be unchanged, except for gaining the faction points (less 1,000) of the faction it merged with.

Please make a logical case why this should or shouldn't be included in the game,
_f

Last edited by Frizz on Mon Mar 05, 2007 10:57 pm; edited 3 times in total
whtNnerdy
Advanced

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Logical case: You interferred before the update instead of letting the factions wait for the update. You also added PU's fps to PGF which in your update says that they will be lost. You as the admin make more money by making people buy their own factions and you won't make much with them merging. If they want to merge they should make a different faction and have a way to delete any factions that were made but not in use anymore.
Battalia
Elite

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

in the case where this was used, PU was a training faction for PGF. But when enemy forces proved too strong for PGF, it was decided that the two factions needed to band together and fight as one faction to gain a better hold on our downward slide. PGF supplied PU with resources, and PU trained new members. just beacuse the factions were seperated, does not mean they were not joined anyways. IF PU was never created, PGF would have all those FP's anyways, even more beacuse there was competition, ect between PU and PGF. There is no reason why the merge should not have been allowed.

In the case for other factions merging, I think this is the opportunanty most factions need to get a very strong faction going. 2 mediocer factions merge to form one powerful faction worthy to stand the trials of the factions planets. This is even pretty much how Affliction was revived! Members from a mediocer faction that was Deliverance, migrated to Affliction for the ranks and leadership to beacome one SUPER faction that took over. If merges are not to happen, might as well take away faction invites beacuse it will happen weather you like it or not, the only thing people are complaining about is the merge of fp's. Faction ranks are a viable source for power. If 2 factions merged, it doesn't take much to get that beautiful extra range faction level, but this might pose an impossible problem if left to their own sources.

Last edited by Battalia on Mon Mar 05, 2007 9:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ryo
Simple

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

money vs fun?

this should be about fun Frizz, not money

let them merge, average half FPs from both factions, make it automatic calculations so that we don't have any bullsh*t like this going on, granted, messing with the afflicted is fun as all hell, but thay annoying after a while
LordRex
Advanced

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Comment - Man, you opened up a big can of mutant worms. Crispy won't even touch those...

Logical Reason for - Good for small - medium factions who want to join together and pool their resources.

Questions -

1) How does the Shared slots/construx come into play? Reset or does it join to the other side's slots?

2) Cost. Is it 1K per side or can there be an equal (or unequal) split?

3) Which faction won't be usable? If two factions of the same size decide to combine - who's going to lose out?

Somewhat Logical reason Against - Whats to stop Affliction/PGF/Deliverance sending out multiple requests for merging just to kick out the players from the smaller faction once they join up? Even with the option of the FPs being unusable, Affliction/PGF/Deliverance can waltz (or tango...if they like) all over faction planet/faction war planet and get all the beacons/nodes.

Lather, rinse and repeat.
Ryo
Simple

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frizz-funded anti-power secret factions, and Super-AI ala Frizz?
Peace
Intermediate

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear god Frizz this is the worst idea I have seen from you. There have been some far out things you have come up with but this takes the cake. Rather than go on and on here is a list of reasons why this is complete bs and stupid

1: Points were intended to be earned and worked for. A sign of your dedication to YOUR faction and the points belong to THAT faction not you or the faction that runs your faction
2: As Affliction nears PGF on the ranks and Yaro quits suddenly something to give PGF another helping hand is done....Sounds kinda fishie to me guys
3: Omg are you serious? PU had those points spent towards ranks, how they be given or merged with.
4: If you have a problem with being killed alot or just arent getting somewhere join another faction.
5: Affliction was yes revived by merging somewhat with another faction. But that was players joining another faction for the betterment of themselves and their factions. There were no points given only hard workers working even harder to achieve a goal.

Lastly. This is a huge piece of BS and was a horrible idea from the start and Frizz I cant believe for a second you didnt realize how bad it was going to be. And all who will agree, (as we know all of PGF will so dont even bother posting because you will all say the exact same thing as you are all drones to some incubator Yaro owns in his desk) Anyways F this update and if this does go through Affliction will not be merging with anyone because we will stand by our guns to EARN our points rather go to some underhanded means to try and stay #1. You cant beat us...no1 can. Face it we will always rule. Cheat away my minions cheat away
Battalia
Elite

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Questions -

1) How does the Shared slots/construx come into play? Reset or does it join to the other side's slots?

Reset

2) Cost. Is it 1K per side or can there be an equal (or unequal) split?

1k period, so if you like 500 per side

3) Which faction won't be usable? If two factions of the same size decide to combine - who's going to lose out?

the factions decide which one gets abandoned.

Somewhat Logical reason Against - Whats to stop Affliction/PGF/Deliverance sending out multiple requests for merging just to kick out the players from the smaller faction once they join up? Even with the option of the FPs being unusable, Affliction/PGF/Deliverance can waltz (or tango...if they like) all over faction planet/faction war planet and get all the beacons/nodes.

And that accomplishes what? There are plenty of factions and people willing to start up new ones. If people go and buy up the competition, I guess that is one path to victory. But as long as there is rivals, victory is a far off dream.
Battalia
Elite

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Allright, another reason why merging factions should be allowed:

Lets go into a what if world for a sec. what if If mergers are canceled, and Aff kills PGF off. Aff is a major player killer no matter what anyone says. If you are seen by Aff and you are red, they WILL kill you. so how is any other faction supposed to rise against Aff? It is exactly the same point as the points against the merge. The only reason people get mad at this, is it gives Affliction a run for their money.
Kragel
Intermediate

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by Kragel on Sat Jun 28, 2008 4:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
xebo
Intermediate

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i know u know this already but it would have been better if u updated 1st before approving pgf's request heh.

anyways, im not really against this thing, since its really hard to merge a faction and fucking lose 1000 fps lmfao, u gotaa pay good for something good hehe,with due respect to those who oppose, this is just my 2 cents, if pgf gives me all their fps so i can have more muscle,its their option, + considering the payment for that, tho the drawback will be abuse of merging ALL factions and owning the game with 50 players in it, i suggest a capacity of members in faction, atm, pgf has like 30++ players, lolz, imagine a rank 11 faction and 40 players with say 5 gats each ramming on u heh.
Walterohdim
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are a new faction now. Those points are now pgf's points. So don't claim they were given unfairly or produced. I earned around 3500 of those points myself so feel uniquely qualified to speak to this. I earned them for the pgf family. I chose which pgf faction to earn them for. I have earned 500+ of PGFs faction points also, and around 1500+ from beacon hunting for auX. PU was PGF's secondary training faction. PGF felt it no longer had the luxury of 2 training factions. For those of you saying this is unfair to pu they are wrong. As the update says this took both CBX's and Dark Leths agreement. Also you must remember PU is now dead. It does not exist. Players can not play in it. This is one of the first factions to truly die in TW. I think this is a good thing. Factions need beginnings and endings. Mergining is the first true ending to be in the game.

If this tactic of merging works for PGF remains to be seen. We will see. Also any group of small factions could do this one merger at a time. 3 to 2 to 1. This would cost 2000 FP's for 2 merges. Don't worry you won't see AuX merging in. I like running my own faction. It is fun. I will spend a lot of time at the new PGF. As I have said it is in many ways a new faction.

Also I think that credit needs to go to the person that thought to ask for this. When the idea came up everyone at first was like WTF? We can do that? Same with Afflctions double respec. He asked, he got an answer. Frizz was responding to a user request.

Now all of you will just have to see. Does this work for pgf or not? Maybe you want to do it also? It is something to consider. Remember it takes one leader stepping down to do this. That is a daunting challenge. Even a merged faction only has one leader.

Battalia
Elite

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Walt: beacuse of the protest against this, PU was remade, but with no-one in it...
xebo
Intermediate

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

btw, regarding that double respec, remember all factions got a free faction respec to those who mails frizz in the next 10 days (as per his announcement) in the TW main page under updates, but theres nothing u will read that came from frizz about merging faction fps or anything of the like just need to clear that out, it wasnt frizz's idea.its a PERSONAL request.
whtNnerdy
Advanced

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frizz, your IDEA says that the faction points will be lost. And now you are saying the new faction will have faction points from both factions?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Drop Shock Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: