FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New building, and 'hidden treasure' idea.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tlarn
Simple

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 2:12 pm    Post subject: New building, and 'hidden treasure' idea. Reply with quote

Alright, while talking amongst my fellow clanmates, I got an idea for not only a new building, but a new kind of event to be put into action on the planets.

First, let's get to talking about the building idea I have.

When I read science-fiction novels with cities and bases under siege, towers holding massive shield generators are activated, covering the building with a large shield, protecting the buildings against attacks.

My idea is, we introduce a new building, the Shield Pylon. Wherever it's placed, when it's activated, it'll put an increased shield count to all buildings within a certain range. To balance things out, perhaps it can be made so that the pylon itself only has armor statistics, or make an Infiltration ability to get around the shield. And of course, the building would require quite a bit of power to generate said shield.

Now, to the next idea.

With bandits, I always think about them stealing from others and hoarding all the stuff in certain places, hidden places. Thus, I come to my 'hidden stashes' idea. These stashes, since they'll have free stuff in them, would be hard to find, almost impossible. They would have no mark on the map, so you don't know where they'd be right away. To get what's in a stash, you'd need to park a unit over the space in which the stash is placed. Not the 10x10 square, the exact space. To balance it out, maybe a 'metal detector' sort of mod or command/ability can be made to make it slightly easier to find these stashes. Even then, the detection would be vague. A message such as "Metal has been detected nearby". Ore would also throw off the detector, since ore is raw metal.

In these stashes, you can find anything from credits (most common, since Bandits would trade their materials on black markets), to mods and vehicles, to maybe even tinyBucks and construx (rarest, of course)!

There are my ideas. IF these have been suggested already, or are already in the works, forgive me. But, if you like these ideas, please post what you think!

Frizz
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've kicked around a version of the hidden treasure idea, I like what you came up with though

_f
Tlarn
Simple

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frizz wrote:
I've kicked around a version of the hidden treasure idea, I like what you came up with though

_f
Glad to hear that from the guy who codes the game. <3
Dakravel
Simple

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I second any sort of thing which introduces more credits into the game. This not only does that, it does it in a reasonable manner. As it is credits are quite hard to come by, so.., yeah.

As for the shield pylon thing, I like the idea because it gives someone an advantage while they are in their base, but the problem is, bases are strong enough as is. The various cannons are crazy enough as is, and making them even stronger just makes bases even more impenetrable.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Drop Shock Forum Index -> Suggestions All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: