FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

State of the Game?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Peace
Intermediate

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Trerro, had a conversation on faction chat about the cost of a new faction building up the strux needed to encourage people to join. The total cost of full efficiency for all strux sets is around the $20k mark atm.

Allowing single strux purchases for a flat rate and reducing the overall cost of strux maybe climbing in cost for each new set is more logical and encourages anyone to buy new strux if they want to start a faction.
J4
Intermediate

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:17 pm    Post subject: well Reply with quote

Seems to me it's out of our hands, whoever bought it is now ipso facto ownership-is-9-10ths of the law GOD of ds/tw/somenewname.

If someone bought it...remains to be seen, proof of the pudding is in the eating, i'm from the showme state. I actually am.

What would I tell this person about the state of the game?

1 The idea of the game is greater than the codebase and userbase. Simultaneously calculated 60 sec turns with 'lose your marbles' permaloss is a very fun and exhilerating way to play a game. Everyone who has been playing should wonder why so few of us are into it. Since the idea is so good, its failure must only be in details of execution.

2. I don't care what happens to unknown, if that is reset or done away with who cares. Someone should give res and sg, like, a ribbon.

3. Resetting storage, cmd, credits, factions would be madness.

4. Strux and building are what would be the best to fix. Give factions that have been around x years x% of strux. But what are strux? ds takes place in a mechwarrior like world that is dystopic, not utopic. To build things, we need tools and knowledge to build things, or strux. This makes sense but the 'pay money to get a random bunch of them' is not working. Strux then should break and get lost, so a lot of the problem coul be fixed by making a cmdr or fac's strux deteriorate at a slow rate.

5. building should have # of req clicks lessoned with skill that lets you confirm all at once

5. bandits should drop better things. some bandits should salvage and be 4s. they should drop intermediate mods that are useful in army building. noobs should be able to get lots of useful things instead of bandit crap to flood the market with things no one uses.

6. Planets should have different targeting modes available that allow for instance groups of 6 to target stacks of less than 6. But cmdrs not in stack must always be individually targeted. I have written a lot about targeting possibilities.

These are my basic thoughts on the state of the game. I am choosing to be optimistic about the transition.

J4
Cyyfyy
Simple

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also feel like a complete reset is a bad idea, because it disenfranchises the players who have stayed with the game the longest. However, I also believe that if something new comes down the pipeline, a "soft" reset is probably good, which as someone above mentioned, would leave players and factions who played the longest with more resources in the brave new world.

p.s. As an entirely new guy here, I just want to say, this game is overwhelming as heck for a newbie.
Hihahahalol
Advanced

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is something on my head that i think is better than a complete reset and better than making another server
Well first we need to consider if there is any other possibilities than these two, just think how bad these two are:

A complete reset means pissing off all the current players, i believe most wouldn't like their comeback to be this way and would just quit
While a new server.. Well the game doesn't have a big enough playerbase so this shouldn't be considered at the moment since it isn't very realistic with this amount of players, and also the new server would still need vets for everything (market, strux, helping new players.. Etc)

Another solution has to be found since these two are total failure, if anything they would destroy the game not revive it

My idea is just tweak the current idea Frizz made: planets designed specifically for each experience category (New players, Mid players, Vets), when a new player comes nobody said he should deploy to inf once he gets paid days, that's why there is Tariona and Esika

That way i don't believe there is any unnecessary complications/problems and you get to keep the current playerbase

I am MIЯROR
LordRex
Advanced

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reading the thread, I've changed my mind. Burn it all to the ground and start over fresh with new blood. I hardly play this thing any more as it is
tomohawk
Advanced

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I propose anything that will make J4 quit permanently Very Happy

Death before dishonor.

*not funny*
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Drop Shock Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: