FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

State of the Game?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Xericor
Simple

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 1:20 pm    Post subject: State of the Game? Reply with quote

Howdy all,

I used to play Tinywarz several years back (I am 5 year vet according to my profile!), and finally found my way back.

As I recall Tinywarz always was a little niche game, sitting somewhere on the edge of the 90's text/browser games and the modern day Steam era.

Now I see its 'Drop Shock' but seems to be the same game I enjoyed. Quick question though, as per title of the post - what's going on these days?

I see a post about a new buyer, and had a brief chat in game. Anybody know what's going on? Is it worth getting back into the game. 'Terradays' seem real cheap (when compared with other games), probably not a good idea to get the 360 days though.

New buyer, new game, global reset??

thanks
Xericor
LordRex
Advanced

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If there's a global reset, I'm out for good. I've put practically hundreds of dollars into this game and if everything is reset and everyone loses everything...
razzerblade
Simple

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2015 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same as stated above if we total reset I'm out....I have spent thousands of dollars and won't lose it like that. Not gonna start over not gonna play! I would love to see the game grow and continue but there are other options beyond a total reset.
Peace
Intermediate

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2015 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we should have 2 servers. TW and DS. TW is new server and everyone makes a new account(essentially a reset with a veterans server for all the old stuff)
DesertFox
Simple

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peace wrote:
I think we should have 2 servers. TW and DS. TW is new server and everyone makes a new account(essentially a reset with a veterans server for all the old stuff)

2 Thumbs UP!
Etien
Intermediate

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didnt spend 9 years in this game just for a reset...now who the hell is buying this game? Confused
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Battalia
Elite

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate to say it... But you guys want things to change, but you are stipulating "Or else I'll leave!" absolutes. You... Hardly play at all as is. Myself included. So... Who gives a rats ass what a veteran does or does not.

The new owner is most likely not Frizz. Who did you give your money to? Frizz. See the problem? Frizz is doing as you say. Nothing. The new owner owes you nothing.

And at the end of the day, I would rather quit DS/TW for good, but see it alive and well and on the up and up, rather than watch this death roll continue.

Reset the game, screw everything up, and do something new! Because at the end of the day, turning the servers off is as good as doing nothing. So at least do something.
Peace
Intermediate

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agree with Battalia completely. Thats exactly how I describe it to people who whine and moan about a reset. You dont play and aren't happy as it is, it would be months maybe even years before some people even knew it happened.

90% of browser based games have resets. Even the ToS it states everything can be altered or removed at any time. I think my suggestion of reopening TW on a new server with Fresh accounts and leaving this one open as it is and both get the same updates is the best way. That way we have a new server with a reset and the veterans server where everyone still has all their stuff.

#1 Complaint "Well that divides the community".
My reply. Exactly. we have a grossly divided community as it is, so much so that not everyone enjoys it and thinks its unfair. Those who like the current system would still play here and get new updates. Those who dont play because they want something different or a reset would migrate. Some would cross-play.
haloguy48
Advanced

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

+1 batt and peace Agree with both thoughts
http://forum.mobrulestudios.com/viewtopic.php?p=149822#149822
Etien
Intermediate

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats because Battie and Peace have crappy storages lol... Shocked
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
SLYDER
Intermediate

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

T.W. was fun D.S. is expensive ( as again said by DK on suggestions forum )

reset or new server wont fix anything if it keeps the current conditions

it would fix if the reset or new server went back to T.W. conditions

but that's drastic compared to just decrease the costs to play

i would start by getting rid of paid days

its almost just delete the " if user paid " lines of code

and would benefit everybody by eliminating the biggest useless money pit
Battalia
Elite

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly? I have little problem with paid days. The game was actually well done in that regard that doing nothing for a month, or training 4-5 crews could get you paid in a snap. After that, the simple fact of playing the game quickly paid for your days from there. But let's say it didn't. 12 bucks? For a year? Hell if that's not a deal. Looking at that price almost makes me want to buy another year and simply donate all that cmd to people whenever I log in.

But I digress, Strux need an overhaul. BADLY. The whole "needing 10 for max effeciency" wasn't too too bad. Then we needed 50 for varients. And then 20 more for something else if I recall correctly? Or not, it has been awhile. That stuff right there is silly. Not only does it DISCOURAGE players to buy strux, for those few who DO want to, it costs them an arm and a leg.

I'm not saying I have a solution, but we have to do SOMETHING about that.
wannabe121
Advanced

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just jotting thoughts down since it's been a while and is topical;

We could go the Valve way with strux, making them salvageable or dropped every X command you receive up to a maximum for such-and-such units of time. Would take a lot of work, but at least this way there'd always be some influx of Construx. Then again, bringing Strux into the game wasn't an issue until we started inflating the amount needed, and we're still left with the problem that for all the strux that gets brought in, there isn't a lot of ways that strux leaves.

On that note, maybe have Strux come in two "flavors"--time-expired and use-expired? Could be paired with a drastic reduction in Strux # requirements (2 for 100% eff, 5 for integration, 10 for 3Var?) would ensure constant trade.

Also, we could get rid of new accounts getting Construx entirely (or maybe unpaid accounts get the Strux Crates mentioned earlier) so we could open up the Trade construx option to everyone.
If these nukes are north korean, implement them anyway. They wont get 3 squares before tripping on a rock and turning into salvage.
Peace
Intermediate

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

New accounts haven't got strux in years and years and years lol
Trerro
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The very idea of separating facs into those that can afford several grand for strux and those that can't is a large part of why:
1. Everyone keeps flocking to 2-3 facs - Whether that's RvB or PyY.
2. Those factions dominate army combat - when your enemies have to build your armies (if they're even willing to, CD stuff takes ages of tedious clicking to make), you've already lost a battle before you even join the war.

The result of both of these is massive stagnation, especially on the long-term army planets. Hopefully, this is one of the things that will be addressed to turn this into an active, thriving game, instead of a bunch of old bored vets with no one to shoot.

Ok... the intergalactic beer run may have been a bad idea. Whoops!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Drop Shock Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: