FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A mobile app can save this

View previous topic :: View next topic  
khaibar
Advanced

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 2:44 am    Post subject: A mobile app can save this Reply with quote

Ok first of all I am not advertising anything related to me (it's free anyway) but this:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bilboldev.pixeldungeonskills

Installs (ZERO money invested in ads):
27 March: Release (I think)
28 March: 12 Installs
29 March: 27 Installs
30 March: 50 Installs
31 March: 72 Installs
01 April: 103 Installs
02 April: 137 Installs
03 April: 205 Installs
04 April: 350 Installs
05 April: 594 Installs

Up till 7th of april:
~700 total downloads
27 reviews
5 stars: 20
4 stars: 6
3 star: 1 (Half a troll I guess)

a proof that even without advertisement, a mobile app can get a 1,000 download in less than a month.

I already messaged frizz asking for image permission but I never got a response. So I am posting this here hoping that with enough community support frizz would accept to have anyone use his images under the condition that credit is given to him and a link to this game is posted in the game credits.

I am pretty sure with the game art we can get at least a k of downloads. If 10% of those click on the link and sign up, that's a 100 new players. Constant updates and even multiple apps would generate a flow of new players that would keep the game alive.

If opening the images to anyone is too much, then perhaps a selected few (I don't mind if it's not me). But this will bring fresh blood. And a TWz app can and will generate revenue in in-app purchases. We only need frizz's permission.

Post here and message frizz about it (in game, don't spam his email) if you believe this is worth it.
Mikeyblaze
Simple

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i am so on board with this. Apps are the way to go nowadays. It would be cool if we could get some new players in here. So i support. Smile
xyzc2
Intermediate

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definitely support Very Happy. It could be a fun project. No micropayments though... for the love of god.

"Now I see you choosin' the hard way." - Booty Warrior
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Drop Shock Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: