FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Player-event based campaign
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
corclaork
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 9:43 pm    Post subject: Player-event based campaign Reply with quote

i mentioned it briefly before but i would like to start constructing a campaign story-line based off events between players in this games history. im looking for everything and anything TBH. huge wars, small clashes, personal accounts, faint memories. what i need are the details of this stuff so we (i would like help in creating it all if anyone's interested in creating story-line) figure out the direction of it.

also if anyone knows the personal emails of some prominent old times from the game and would be willing to forward me their emails so we can give this thing a kick start it would be helpful.

if you dont have time to write them out here you can email me at: calaclark@gmail.com

cor

in game name : corclark
khaibar
Advanced

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think some players deserve to become 'game legends' and be included in some story along with maybe a L tag near their name if they ever come back.

Those old wars that happened... I remember pheonix rising .. they were head to head with PGF but then went in active or something.. maybe a small story line 'The rise and fall of Pheonix Rising' about tha.. or some thing
corclaork
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Details motha fka, cant you share them?! (Sorry couldnt resist it)

Seriously though i need details. Even like " it was 3 v3 and this side won" ... Cant make a story with " this one time these guys fought"

Cor

ravneel
Intermediate

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phoenix Rising broke up after a internal dispute shortly after I was involved in my first pvp battle.
Massive ass base defense that one. Last time DeathGod deployed and I believe he quit after that. Talking about early 2008ish-late 2008ish here.
So anyway, it was Battalia, DarkLettuce, LOLTANKER, and me down in the base. crossgrave and Quebeley dropped to support us by capping commanders (and man those guys were good XD).
The assault was a join one. I believe it was PR and Affliction. Attackers were Deathgod, Peacekeeper, RT (Flanked us from the left. We were all set up to the right and bottom of the base) Flostin and some others I missed.
I had my 10 BAII down with porcupine, promax, superior grade ammo and balanced ammo down. Battalia was lined up with me to the right with brightlances. Lettuce and LOLTANKER were lined to the south of base sector with Claymores, BAII, BLs and clops. Deathgod attacked from the right with about 120ish clops and around 200 other assorted units. Flostin and the rest attacked from the south. RT came in from the left while the attack was halfway through.
Overall losses were 800ish units. We won due to the lack of dreadnaughts at the time. Clops only moved into base at 2 speed which is why they failed.
I gained 8 levels in that drop. That's pretty high if you think about the fact that each BAII did like 20 damage XD
Blair [7:29pm]
I see my ass and it looks like your face Razz

Darkc35ar [7:27pm]
look in da mirror and ull get owned =P

Blair [7:25pm]
owned

Darkc35ar [7:23pm]
omfg wrong chat xD

woot 1.4k shak exp so far
Hihahahalol
Advanced

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can help mainly with Esika battles, Zedus battles, arena battles (Frizz style), shak hunts and massive battles where you play the role of both scouting and aiming the guns (last one actually is a role in battles and can have campaigns)

But atm you're only looking for massive battles and other stuff for vets as it seems so if you ever need help with the previously mentioned i am always available Razz

I am MIЯROR
corclaork
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks rav these will help considerably.

No hiha, chances are if you remember it its a good story. But in any case share any and all of them no matter how brief we are trying to capture the spirit of our community and those encounters are also part of that.

Cor

Hihahahalol
Advanced

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once upon a time in a solar system the scientists were too lazy to name on a planet called Esika back when the infamous faction "Teamwork" still existed

Ok i will get to the point

Teamwork deployed a base on Esika which happened to be in the same quadrant as a relic and it was an early drop, they had 5 people defending it and i was the attacker, i had nothing but 2 DHs under 2k CE (i was lvl 20+ back then but i didn't like going over 2k)
After reaching the location they had:

- a base that is only a generator and a thumper
- absolutely nothing that is anti-stealth
- some units that can counter dodge units
- some dodge units
- a lot of other stuff
- i used reveal, they had no stealth

I could have one turn stealthed all their to-hits in one turn and enjoy the stealth and to-hit of the DH, and since i have energy weapons i had a very high firepower however i didn't feel up to it so i UD'ed
Later snorok came with his 3's activared SAM and took the relic from them all by himself

What i am suggesting for the campaign is either the player should play my role and take the Relic from TW AND fend off Sno
Or play Sno's role and take the relic (either from me or TW)
Or maybe add both Razz

I know i didn't actually fight but this one Relic was worth mentioning since it has an interesting story behind it and it is very campaign-able Very Happy
I will look into giving out more stories when the game is sold or when i can be sure that the stories might turn into a quest of sorts - i am writing this from android, got no PC atm so it takes some effort to narrate -

The quest reward should include a 100 turn Esika Relic worth of cmd, maybe some normal units/mods as "Salvages"
If the difficulty is gonna be high (it can be both set very hard or easy) then maybe the 3's SAM+ or the DHs (depends on who the player is against) can be added as rewards

I am MIЯROR
wannabe121
Advanced

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't remember much in the way of epic battles, maybe if I jot down some factions it'll jog some memories...

• NWA
  • Cult of Taris/Riona (I think there was one for either Esi or Konu as well?)
  • Integration, training fac headed by Mallen
  • Affliction
  • Elite Resistance (later ERSA)
  • Mortis Phalanx (the Neveron guys)
  • Paranoia University (later The Wardens)
  • Deliverance
  • Deli's training fac, can't remember the name of it
  • I think ERSA also had a training fac at some point?

I'll see about adding to this later, my classes are starting soon.[/list]
If these nukes are north korean, implement them anyway. They wont get 3 squares before tripping on a rock and turning into salvage.
Sonya
Simple

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember a problem I had with people unable to look past a flag. Back when faction levels were released Affliction was top of the list, and I had made a small deal to go use their levels in order to hasten my crew training (I paid Peacekeeper a small sum of cmd in exchange for me only being there to use levels, not a true supporter and member to be called up to aid them when needed). Problem was everyone, including people I had regularly been running into on Konu and been getting along with, could not and would not deal with me, would not even reply to whispers half the time, and sometime not even all chat. The only thing that I could talk to was the wrong end of their energy weapons, as a low level player with no real units to fight with from a 1k CE drag base. This was back when the army cap before you took exp penalties was 1k as opposed to the 5k now, so I was staying as close to that as possible.

One of my earliest pvp experiences was when I had been faction pet in RSA for a while, they all at once handed me a small brick of battle axes (I forget which brand) and a pile of mods, instructed to mod and crew them, then deploy them onto Hadeas I think it was for a base assault. My role was very simple: the crew trainer with no pvp experience was going to walk this brick into the enemy base and be target practice to cloud up the base's targeting. During that my units had a minus max speed, the guns had long ago gone into the sunset, and the crew were quite holy. In the end I had some battle axes that should still be in my storage to this day and some dead crews.
I suppose what you could do with this is make support missions where your goal isn't to be the prime damage source but instead a soak or keeping support alive.

If you want I can also pop up a few of the more recent fights I partook in with Chaos Cluster (the failure of a base assault, the zerg rush...), the only afk priority I actively sought out, and I forget whose Ferdelance it was that I was spraypainting pink on Zed while it tried so hard to eject me.

And Wannabe, yes ERSArmy had a training fac: RSArmy led by LordRex, the first faction I was a part of.
Hihahahalol
Advanced

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sonya wrote:
I forget whose Ferdelance it was that I was spraypainting pink on Zed while it tried so hard to eject me

It was probably Garrows/Arc_Angel if my memory is being honest (i was there)

I am MIЯROR
Sonya
Simple

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hihahahalol wrote:
Sonya wrote:
I forget whose Ferdelance it was that I was spraypainting pink on Zed while it tried so hard to eject me

*sees recent kills* Defalcator, that's who it was I'm sure, he was doing a search of Zed for my beacon and he got almost finished with the whole planet when he saw my cmd probe, I started dancing all around him at too close for missile range, distracting him from his search to the point he had to restart it.
Hihahahalol
Advanced

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sonya wrote:
Hihahahalol wrote:
Sonya wrote:

*sees recent kills* Defalcator, that's who it was I'm sure, he was doing a search of Zed for my beacon and he got almost finished with the whole planet when he saw my cmd probe, I started dancing all around him at too close for missile range, distracting him from his search to the point he had to restart it.

That might be different from the fight i had in mind, it's the same thing but you - with an LE - and me - i had an HP Aegis - dropped to help someone else from CC - he had an HP ferd - but Garrows kept following your LE since he hasn't found our beacon yet, he had a ferd and an LE or two - anyway it was someone else's beacon not yours and it wasn't something recent so that's why it might be another fight

I am MIЯROR
Sonya
Simple

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hihahahalol wrote:
Sonya wrote:
Hihahahalol wrote:
Sonya wrote:

That might be different from the fight i had in mind, it's the same thing but you - with an LE - and me - i had an HP Aegis - dropped to help someone else from CC - he had an HP ferd - but Garrows kept following your LE since he hasn't found our beacon yet, he had a ferd and an LE or two - anyway it was someone else's beacon not yours and it wasn't something recent so that's why it might be another fight

Yeah, I was alone with my own beacon, didn't even have Tre or Lomaz to back me up, my probe was specced out for survival of course, and he couldn't touch it.
ravneel
Intermediate

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ERSA's training fac was called ERSA institute but ERSA's. They recruited me for a day then kicked me XD

owned

omfg wrong chat xD

ravneel
Intermediate

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remembered another story during my time at PGF. LOLTANKER and I were in our early level 30s and LT found a beacon on aldus. This was well before shak was implemented there and at that time Mattao was terrorizing the place. I dropped to help LT with my LF and he had his down. My LF setup was HT SBTL and two other mods but I've forgotten what they were.
So anyway once the beacon started broadcasting Mattao dropped his sentry to come and kill us. We killed him twice and mind you he was over level 100 at the time.
All in all it was a moment of triumph for two noobs in the game Very Happy

owned

omfg wrong chat xD

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Drop Shock Forum Index -> Suggestions All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: