FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Looking for community input
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

View previous topic :: View next topic  
RoseThorn
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone that still checks, please pm me here on the forum. I have something to share that is (still against the rules) to post publicly.

Also, I still would love updates from people to see where they are in life.

On another note... can anyone tell me if ANYONE had raised money for this game??

~Rose
Simple

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a fun game and I really admire the core concept.

The one thing that made me leave years ago was the time commitment required. 2 hours is way way too long for a planet rotation.

There needs to be a way to enjoy the game in 15 minute increments - at any time a player wants. The easiest way would be to allow drops on planets to cost an amount of command per turn rather than per planet rotation.

As for balancing issues, I haven't played enough PvP to comment.

Another big problem is advertisement and marketing. This game is just plain hard to find. It needs to be all over gaming websites and reviewed by them.

In my opinion in it's present state it is better than the vast majority of free browser based games online right now, but try to find that online without knowing the game's name and you'll be searching for days...
Battalia
Elite

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PM'd =)
kunjuro
Advanced

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone needs to revive this damn game already... even if it means resetting everything and going back to a point in history without some of the updates Smile)
khaibar
Advanced

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sent a message to frizz asking how much he wants for the game, I didn't receive any reply... which means he either doesn't login anymore or is no longer interested in selling.

All I ask for is 10 mins of Frizz's time per week, if that's too much then 10 mins per month is enough for me. Unfortunately Frizz is no longer interested in any OS update.

I think Vanoi has the best chance of talking Frizz into some minor OS updates, but he's no longer around.

So....
ParalyzeD
Intermediate

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

People don't pay attention Sad

Frizz stated 5k is his lowest. (Thats what he started TWz with)

Edit: our problem right now is not so much the money as opposed to finding someone who is willing and knows how to create a new home for TWz as Frizz has no time anymore and wants to completely step out of the picture.
khaibar
Advanced

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am aware of the 5k$. However I don't think it's fair for frizz to ask for what cost him to start the game (Which he made 10 times over). If you invest in something, then make money out of the investment, you can't ask for your initial investment after it died out. That's like inventing some new carnival attraction and milking it for 10 years. Now that nobody plays it anymore you want to sell it for what it initially cost you, it doesn't work like that.

However I am interested in seeing if Frizz is willing to go lower than that and I can try to create a new home for TWz.
corclaork
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

quick update: as of march 9th i have sent one email to the email provided by frizz per week (on Mondays) and received no reply.

on top of that i have personally become distant from the game simply due to a supreme lack of free time. I only get maybe (if im lucky) 1-2 hours straight of free time to devote to any one thing. my biggest fear right now is even if i get frizz to actually respond that i will get screwed over one way or another. whether by frizz in a deal buying the game or someone i would trust to actually update the game.

cor

in game name : corclark
Vanoi
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do look on here from time to time, I have tried contacting Frizz a while back got no response back.

I do have other ways to contact him but that's kind of diving into other's privacy... Ramrod does have a more "official" method of contact so if anyone wants to actually reach him.

I'm still willing to help out as well... just not in a direct capacity since as your probably well aware I have a happen of getting stressed out and disappearing.

I'm very against anyone buying TW though since they'll be literally throwing money down the drain for what is essentially a glorified IRC Chat.
khaibar
Advanced

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't mind throwing 3k$ or so to own a game like this. I don't plan on making anything I throw back. It would be nice, but I am only interested in having game income = game server cost. Basically no bleeding.
xyzc2
Intermediate

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe it'd be a better investment to just ditch TW and try to design a new game based on this... or go for a complete revamp of tw 3?

"Now I see you choosin' the hard way." - Booty Warrior
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Drop Shock Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: