FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Looking for community input
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
J4
Intermediate

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 4:15 pm    Post subject: indeed! Reply with quote

"other small changes that can help also(UI for instance)"

Indeed, the UI. I think I had heard someone else talking about that somewhere.
J4
Intermediate

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 5:19 pm    Post subject: roflmao Reply with quote

Really? I get the last word?
Dfenceking2
Elite

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meh

D-Fence it the best Offense!!!
tater
Simple

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd say a reset is needed.

It's pretty obvious the game needs to go in a different direction, and in order to do that we need to cut the ties to the old game. I like the idea other had about making things you had "legacy", so that you at least had something to show for it.

Really rooting for you guys, you can count me in once this game changes.

As for the price, Frizz may have put in $5,000, but at the state the game is in now it's not worth that much. Please let others who care about the game take it in.
ItsNick
Intermediate

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 8:56 pm    Post subject: Hi Reply with quote

Hi
Dark Leth
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm happy to help with the financial aspect of any buyout effort.
Gear
Advanced

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Come one Frizz sell the game already before there is no one left Sad

As it stands I still think a lot of people are logging in just to check if anything has happened / changed in the game.

Regards
Luke
Elite

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kind of right Gear. The thing is, TW left a pretty big hole in the online gaming community. I mean, name 1 actual MMOTBS game left, and no, the dumbed down facebook games don't count. The thing is, there is none left. The entire gaming community is waiting for someone to do something big.
tomohawk
Advanced

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frizz doesn't care. At one point he may have. My guess : he is waiting for everyone to leave so he can recycle the code.

SHAME ON YOU FRIZZ

A GYPSY CURSE ON YOU AND ALL YOUR FUTURE ENDEAVORS

Death before dishonor.

*not funny*
corclaork
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

frizz has made his price. hes not dangling it front of anyone. the issue now is noone wants to stick there neck out and jump. i want to do it but im not rich and i have obligations. if anyone was/is serious they wouldn't just say it on here they would take steps to contact other people and figure it out. as i have stated before i should have enough to buy it by mid February. if anyone is interested feel free to contact me at: calaclark@gmail.com

cor

in game name : corclark
Dfenceking2
Elite

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Email sent to cor... I was in talks a long time ago, basically just a $$$$ source to sit and slayer...

Anyway I am still in just no one contacts me!!!

Email sent...

Bolshack
Advanced

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello everyone! Long time no see! I drop by here and then hoping this game gets the revive I've been wishing for.

I've read some of your comments around and I think that when considering what would be the course of action for the game to make it playable again is to think of "When did it stopped being fun?"; Allow me to throw my 2 cents in here - IMHO Tinywarz/Dropshock hit it's peak after the first expansion pack. Things were really interesting back then and they were decently balanced, although much could have been done to make that okay.

I consider that the best thing that could happen to this game if all the other expansions othar than the first one would be removed. Because I am sure that most will agree this should be the starting point. Now you have a fixed amount of units mods and whatever. Balancing them should not be such a problem because they reached a point where it was pretty easy to figure out what needs tweaking.

Now if you consider my idea decent so far hear me further on the next issue - A turning point in this game was when the spending of Faction Points was introduced and the fact that collecting faction points had no limit. Faction points could very well be used for something else or removed from the game entirely. Either put a cap on it that can be reached in a decent amount of time by a new comming alliance or just postpone it for the future.

Even if Batt said in his post that it is fun when playing to have the fun when you actually log on - I agree on this but let's take another aspect into consideration - the fun of the battles was that they happened according to a time schedule dictated by the players in the end, you knew that the battles would happen mostly when either the Europeans or the Americans were sleeping, and this was fun. There was planning involved. Now to find a proper solution for tweaking this just to make it right would be if the Planet ( where the armies should fight ) would spawn for 48 or 72 hours, from Friday xx:xx till Sunday xx:xx (according to the server time). After that you have the whole week Monday - Friday to play on little planets little skirmishes or train, or mine or whatever you can come up with. Perhaps I've lost you with what I was saying but the main point is this :

The game can be tweaked quite easily. Remove the crap that made the game unfun and tweak the cycles of the planets/turn them in weekly events.

This is IMHO where the starting point should be for a game such as this one.

-Bolsy
Elite

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just something to consider Bolshack,

Was it when the 2nd expansion hit? Or was it when all the mods had their hard stats changed to reflect %'s? Hightower meant +20 shields. No more, no less. You didn't have 200 shield units back then, and a whirlwind could dish out as much damage as any other meka, and sai's were laser boats on speed. But just something to consider.
Dfenceking2
Elite

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Battalia wrote:

Was it when the 2nd expansion hit? Or was it when all the mods had their hard stats changed to reflect %'s? Hightower meant +20 shields. No more, no less. You didn't have 200 shield units back then, and a whirlwind could dish out as much damage as any other meka, and sai's were laser boats on speed. But just something to consider.

that is something to consider... but the real problem here is dev ego...

something breaks fix it, try new things they don't work - rework it with community input *as you are only dev u should use community input*

there are many problems and still problems with TW... but addressing the problems when they are PROBLEMS is whats needs to be done, you pile them up and keep adding to them there are too many to count!

*sigh* i really don't like throwing frizz under the bus cuz i think he did what he thought was right for the game but using little user feedback and keeping himself at arms length from the small tight gameing community he made was a bad idea.... maybe good for when it got started, but we were not a huge base, he could touch with players from time to time and not just the one he "liked"

i mean just from me i would have to send at least 3 mails to get one back over a months time... that is crazy, not saying i was the highest on the priority list but at least send me back "i got it" mail...

there was a huge gap between game dev and players, and with a small community and nitchy game that cant happen, hell even big console games like PS and XBOX strive for community involvement and also make changes according to just fight that front.

i don't know, over all we can say this or that is wrong, but over all i think it comes down to two things...

players

and

Devs

we were not all on the same lvl despite his motto for mobrules... i love you frizz this is great game but in the end i don't feel like you cared about us at all and more about our money, and i think we all thought you cared about the players more than what you did. (we know money matters, but i belive as a creator you would want your game to never die)

Bolshack
Advanced

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Battalia wrote:

Somewhere between 2nd expansion and the change in mod set up. It complicated the game needlessly.
The game became at one point too diversified and a chase between using the right counter units or best dmg reduction. I'm not saying having a counter is bad, but let's keep it to rock paper scissor, not rock paper scissor spock lizard well death fire and whatever.

Edit: I still think that this game can be saved.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Drop Shock Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: