FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Looking for community input
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
corclaork
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 4:37 pm    Post subject: Looking for community input Reply with quote

I am looking for serious community input on a few things.

--- the first is about campaigns. ---

im currently building two separate story arcs for shak and player event based campaigns.

the shak based one is mostly straight forward but i could always use more ideas for it.

the player event based campaign, however, i would like to be close to non-fiction. (AKA based on events and fights that actually occurred in the games long history) and for this I have mostly been searching (fruitlessly mind you) through the forums for records of said events. thus I'm asking for any memorable event (no matter how small) and some basic information on how it developed/played out.

---on to the more important component---

next i would like to ask the community to actively become involved in the purchase and advancement of the game. not monetarily , i cant stress that enough (unless you want to be), but in the development. if you've been reading the forums you know that frizz is looking to sell the game more or less. a group of community members is going to be attempting to purchase the game but we cant do it alone. this is everyone's opportunity to be a part of something bigger than just our game. (insert inspirational paragraph here) we are looking for everyone: coders, developers, community leaders, brainstormers, players, ect. no one is better at knowing our game than us and i believe we can bring the game back if we try. (ok so i had to add a little of the mushy stuff in)

if anyone is interested in any of this feel free to mail me, corclark, in game or post on this thread.

thanks,

Cor

in game name : corclark
kooliam
Intermediate

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So just to clarify the more important compotent -
We need money doners as in we are lacking money in buying the game from frizz..
Or are we just looking for volunteers who can help out in developing the game on the different aspects?
corclaork
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

we need ideas and people to put them into action. the monetary side is covered.

cor

Dfenceking2
Elite

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what are u looking for... i stated that i up for anything let me know guys...

D-Fence it the best Offense!!!
J4
Intermediate

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:26 pm    Post subject: ideas Reply with quote

I think this is a good idea, I think the utter lack of passion by the creator of this project is the single major reason the game hasn't fixed any of its issues and can't attract new players.

For whatever reason shak just seem to be full of surprises, they have a random aggressiveness that tends to reak havoc on any plans. But a single newb from a different fac can just drag them on you with hardly any skill also, which nick has done before.

I would like to interview a lot of major players of this game historically and make a documentary about drop shock, I could travel the country to do it but I would just need invitations, some gas money and a place to stay for a day or two while we talk on camera.

I have thought a lot about this game and why I find it so intriguing, it is the mixture of chess and poker, and no other game I have ever played has such a perfect mix of play styles and economics. Konu, mort and the sn are some of the funnest gaming I've ever had, and very few other games using any of the elements that made them fun.

I think most people don't have the balls to play this game, and so the people who play it tend to be interesting...and I would like to interview them.

So basically, I have a car in central north america, get me to you and I will put you in my documentary about ds, and let's buy this game and do some neat stuff with it.

J4
Gear
Advanced

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can assist as a consultant if I'm needed, although my playing days are long over.

P.S. Corclark I have quite a few battle stories I could recall for you during the time Elite Resistance was pulling up the ranks below PGF.

Regards
Luke
Advanced

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I may no longer be the OS fanatic I used to be but as I told many my coding services are free to whoever get(s) to buy this game. Currently I have some pending updates. I asked frizz to check them 2 or 3 days ago and he said he will when he finds some free time. If anyone has an idea and can get frizz to add it, let me know and i can help.
Walterohdim
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As the last active mod, and someone who made a tentative offer last year, but isn't involved in the current group, I am very hopeful that something will come together. I just bought Paid Days with saved up TBs, and am hopeful you guys can get this together in 60 days or so. I have my $20 for a years paid days sitting in my back pocket waiting to give it to the new group rather then Frizz.

I would hope to continue in similar roles as those I have. I figure my activity will be related to how active you can get the game, the more active the more time I will give it.

I know the thing I was really hoping to do if I had purchased it was to get a regular event planet, sort of like arenas, but granting xp, and having more options, so that I could quickly and easily administer events on a monthly weekly and daily basis.

I admit I wasn't interested in an equity stake this time around, as currently I am not looking for any new projects, and taking over the game in order to do it right will be a significant commitment for those of you that are taking it on.

I will support it as possible with my time and my purchases as long as the product is worth spending my time and money on. I hope you guys succeed, as without this effort it will be time to give up on a pastime, I have spend a ton of time, and a not insignificant amount of money on over the years.

Walterohdim

corclaork
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks to everyone for your encouragement and i would liek to strongly encourage everyone to post your player event campaign ideas the moment you remember them Very Happy

dfk - mostly ideas for improvements i would personally like to start with UI improvements then work on bigger more game-play oriented stuff but its really up to the group.

J4 - slightly off topic but thank you for pitching your road trip in this thread.

Gear - depending on how many people get involved we will be getting together and talking at least once a week (through skype or something similar most likely) and everyone will be welcome to join in at any point. I would like to keep it very transparent for everyone. also mail me or post below about the events you have in mind, the more we have the better it will be so pile them on.

walt - thanks! I hope we can be make you proud

Cor

tomohawk
Advanced

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 11:40 am    Post subject: Re: ideas Reply with quote

Sounds pretty awesome cor !

Death before dishonor.

*not funny*
Dfenceking2
Elite

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I can help with ideas or what ever, I was always a active person when the game wasn't going in a shit can... Anyway count me in for it all... Idea... Help... Marketing...

Down the road... Hosting a TW-con!!! I am sure this is all possible, my service is at the right price of free...

And j4 u get up here in Michigan I will put u up for a day or so and throw some money at ya so u can make it to next poor soul that loves this crazy game... Love interviews with renni let's keep it going!

DFK

D-Fence it the best Offense!!!
garrow
Advanced

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't played TW seriously for what must be two-three years now, I offered it once and I'll offer it again I'll help pay for the game, provided two things are met, you don't muck it up and you bring in some new blood. Lot of good memories and several years of my life I devoted to this game. Granted, I've done a lot of wrong in several books, but its all fun and games we all learn from mistakes. I have several ideas kicking around in my head, not as many as I used to, but they are still floating around. If I see changes being made I'll be sure to hop back on and have a bit of fun, been sitting on to much crap for the past few years.

All personal feelings aside I feel that Khaib's/DB/Cor would make a more than fair administration team. We'd actually have admin events, and if Walt was up to it give it to him too, guy has been the only mod for a long time now he deserves a little love.
corclaork
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

frizz has not responded in almost a month. i mailed him on the 14th then the 18th. until he responds everything is on hold. if there is no response by the 15th of august, i will withdraw from interest in buying the game.

cor

khaibar
Advanced

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

frizz has a bad habit of not responding some times. Don't take it personally we've all been their.
Vanoi
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you in-game mail him or... email him?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Drop Shock Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: