FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

DS / TW : the future ... selling the game?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Frizz
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 7:38 am    Post subject: DS / TW : the future ... selling the game? Reply with quote

Hey all -

To begin, this is not a "shutting down the game" post. The game will continue to run, either under my (mostly-absent) guidance or another's.

I've been very inactive for a while and I think it might be time to consider turning the game over (selling) to someone (or someones) who would want to continue development. I want to use this post to see if anyone is interested in purchasing the game and taking it over. This would include the code & database as-is plus my time to migrate the game to a new server (would take a few days). Domain names and the-like can also be discussed.

This is not a "give-away" ... you would be purchasing the code and data, which would be moved to a server you own (with my help). If a serious offer is being considered I can share revenue data for the last few years.

For anyone interested, please contact me at:

themob AT mobrulestudios DOT com

I'll consider requests going forward ... there's no rush. I've come to the conclusion I don't have time to continue development in any significant fashion and would like to see the game passed-on to people with a passion to continue work on it.

_f

BiWinning
Simple

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I knew how to determine how much DS was worth, I'd give an offer. I don't know how much it costs per month to host.

I would be a serious offer if I had that information. I'm working on a degree in Computer Science w/ a minor in mathematics and I think this game would be an amazing project to work on if I had total access to everything. It would also probably renew my interest in programming around the clock, rather than just for homework assignments and would help further my career as a computer programmer.

I probably wouldn't be able to throw you a high enough offer as a college student, but I really wish you luck with selling the game to someone else who really likes it as much as a lot of people here do. I also hope that the person that buys it from you will get a development team (rather than just one guy) together for it.

Best of luck to you, Frizz!

~lark
khaibar
Advanced

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sadly I think it's needed...

My services are free to whoever gets to buy this game
Hihahahalol
Advanced

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried sending a message to themob@mobrulestudios.com but it says sending fails

Am i translating the AT and DOT the correct way? I will be thankful to whoever gives me the exact address

& The Statement Below is False &
& The Statement Above is True &

I am MIЯROR
riley
Intermediate

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would be a huge risk for a single person to take on. I would've been interested some time ago, might still be a bit interested but I am fairly certain the price would be too high to justify all the work required to build the player base up + further develop the game. Probably be best to spread the risk across a small group of people, I'd put some money on something like this if the total price was reasonable.

To be honest though, it's pretty bad timing considering the shift in game development recently. UE4 was just released with a very low initial cost of $20 a month + 5% gross profits for a game development suite with millions of lines of source code and also some support included which scales up if your game grows. It's not a complete game + a small player base like frizz is offering, but it gives some insight as to whats out there currently and what the potential buyer(s) will be competing against.

A less likely option would be selling out to one of the companies that specialize in hosting/supporting MMOs. Lots of pros and cons with that, too many to list. They could bring in many players, but they generally care very little for developing most of their games further. And they would likely do a reset before re-launching the game on their servers.

IMO the most fair option would be a small initial investment, but with Frizz keeping a small share of future profits and staying on to help out a little when possible. This gives all parties some incentive and motivation to do well.
Etien
Intermediate

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are many players who want to buy the game,just wait for them to come online they still dont know... Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Dfenceking2
Elite

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been phycally searched out by a member that I will not name at this moment, but he did make me aware of what is going on.

I think this game has a lot to give still just needs a little shift...

I am here to say I am here to say I am in support with my phycial body, my time and my $$$$

I have told the member that contacted me about this, but I don't see any reason not to post here and say I am here to help anyone buy this game....

Soccerstud222_2@hotmail.com

Email me there day or night, it if u download the app "line" and search the ID kegan1 u can reach me there!

Thanks,

DFK (Kegan)

D-Fence it the best Offense!!!
tater
Simple

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about Peacekeeper? He offered to take DS last year.
Steve_ohh
Simple

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How much is DS worth?
BiWinning
Simple

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sent in an email to Frizz with my offer and a few questions about the game and finances.

I'm looking forward to his response. I understand there is a current buyer that is hopeful, but I sent in my offer just in case the buy does not go through.

If the hopeful buyer is willing to split responsibilities, there is a possibility we could co-own the game. That being said, I have no way of contacting this buyer to work out some sort of agreement on this.
Hihahahalol
Advanced

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BiWinning wrote:
I sent in an email to Frizz with my offer and a few questions about the game and finances.

I'm looking forward to his response. I understand there is a current buyer that is hopeful, but I sent in my offer just in case the buy does not go through.

If the hopeful buyer is willing to split responsibilities, there is a possibility we could co-own the game. That being said, I have no way of contacting this buyer to work out some sort of agreement on this.

How did it go through?

I am MIЯROR
john
Simple

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2015 8:21 am    Post subject: Any word Reply with quote

anyone know whats going on with this game. Is it sold? Should i spend money now or should i wait?
Hihahahalol
Advanced

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2015 1:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Any word Reply with quote

john wrote:
anyone know whats going on with this game. Is it sold? Should i spend money now or should i wait?

Not sold. You can spend money or wait as you see fit, the only difference it would make is which owner the money goes to

But i wouldn't spend money on a game that seems to be dying unless i am sure it will stand on it's feet again so i'd suggest you wait

I am MIЯROR
john
Simple

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2015 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

any ideas on reviving this game. what about a mobile version?
Hihahahalol
Advanced

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

john wrote:
any ideas on reviving this game. what about a mobile version?

The owner is not into the game anymore and hence he decided to sell it so it's most likely either that:

1) The game is sold and the new owner will hopefully do something about the game

2) The game is not sold and will probably remain dead

I am MIЯROR
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Drop Shock Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: