FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Reduce faction price

View previous topic :: View next topic  
khaibar
Advanced

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:46 am    Post subject: Reduce faction price Reply with quote

Down it to 50tbs again, or even less.

I think new factions would encourage some activity again, especially with inf being simple planet. The current price for a new faction (250tbs) is way too much.

Constraints to counter farming and abuse can be added (no faction strux buying before 100kfps, no merging...)
cbx
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why would you think lots of new (almost certainly mainly one-man) factions do anything to revive the game?

The cost was increased because a plethora of new, single person factions were detrimental to the game and newbies were wasting their resources on their own factions and then dropping out because they had nothing left to play the game with.

Being part of an established faction (it doesn't have to be one of the big ones) allows new players access to more and better resources than they can afford by themselves.
khaibar
Advanced

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it would add incentive, more people would compete for fps

I think it was upped because people were abusing the fp multiplier and farming faction strux

As for established factions, that's reasonable but those factions no longer compete for fps. We need new competitors.
ParalyzeD
Intermediate

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agree with CBX on this one. This still doesn't solve the problem of the top factions having no where to go.
corclaork
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i strongly agree with CBX's train of thought. a faction is a massive commitment and creating one that is not only stable but can provide a place where people feel they matter isn't easy, but it can and is being done. that being said i think 250 tb is a bit high for people who know that a new faction is gonna cost them a lot even after the initial purchase. if the price was to be changed i would say lower it a bit to maybe 150 or 100 tb, this is still a very large amount of tb but it is, IMO, enough of a buffer to prevent lots of smaller factions from springing up while allowing dedicated players to more easily create a new faction.

cor

in game name : corclark
Sacred_Tribune out in the wild.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Drop Shock Forum Index -> Suggestions All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: