FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Account option: Audible Fac Chat Base Alarm
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Base alarm audible option in account options?
yes
11%
 11%  [ 1 ]
no
88%
 88%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 9

J4
Intermediate

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:24 pm    Post subject: Account option: Audible Fac Chat Base Alarm Reply with quote

Account Option

Check box: Make 'Enemy detected' alarm in fac chat audible

Then if browser window minimized or otherwise out of view, or potentially having a healthy night's sleep, you can come defend base from the dweebs who are afraid to attack a defended base.
tomohawk
Advanced

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Than you dweebs will never sleep Razz

Death before dishonor.

*not funny*
Dogg1000
Advanced

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If this was implemented I could see people sitting in sensor range with a scout just to piss people off.
khaibar
Advanced

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

a more effective approach would be to change the title of the page (like facebook chat) to a flashing 'Enemy in sector' title

that should solve the window minimized or other tab detect. As for an audio sound, maybe a small ping that wouldn't be too annoying.
J4
Intermediate

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 11:57 am    Post subject: maximum pings Reply with quote

So set it so that you only get 10 pings max per hour, then it resets after no alarm for an hour. If someone wants to be annoying, there will be a cutoff to how effective it will be. Computer volume can be set etc.

But only a real tw&t(sno...) would use this tactic and they can't know for sure if anyone actually has audible alarm checked.

If someone wants to sit in base and set off alarm for ten hours they can still do it but it's not like they're going to get respect as it's bad sportsmanship.

EDIT: WTF 5 votes against and not one of them actually voiced a case? What kindof ball-less brainless monkeys are you?
maXDooom
Advanced

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 12:06 pm    Post subject: Re: maximum pings Reply with quote

J4 wrote:
EDIT: WTF 5 votes against and not one of them actually voiced a case? What kindof ball-less brainless monkeys are you?

We're a strange race called "Humans" we're not wise as you
the all-mighty monkey with a brain

I would be so mad I would Tomo Rage, and probably lose my mod ship and council seat.

Walterohdim
Trapt
Simple

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a ball-less brain-less monkey. I actually considered voting yes on this... then I saw your comment.... Rolling Eyes
J4
Intermediate

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 4:56 pm    Post subject: whatever trapt Reply with quote

Still waiting for a single reason here, 6 of you that voted against put your brains together and formulate a sentence.

It's an option, not something someone would be forced to use.

Alarms should be loud in almost all cases. DS is not one of the exceptions.

Edit: I think the players(if you can call them that) whose main strategy comprises AFK base assaults comprise 100% of the people who are against this. That's why they won't actually post, it will be pretty obvious.
snorok14
Advanced

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Annoying Guy Above Me wrote:
Still waiting for a single reason here, 6 of you that voted against put your brains together and formulate a sentence.

I try. I no know if I can do. But I try.

I personally think this would be so underused that it would become pointless to even have. You'd switch it on when exiting the tab, then turn it off when you come back.. But it was just a scout, so switch it back on, then go back to your Harlem Shake videos on Youtube. But then, there goes the sound again! This time, it's an army!

Now you have 2 options: waste the time going through the Account Settings to turn it back off, losing half a turn, or leave it on and have the annoying pings every 60 seconds.

"O, but snorkel, dere's anudder opshon. U ken moot da volooms." I don't know about you, but I prefer to listen to music during pvp. Perhaps I am alone in this, but it doesn't change my vote to yes.And remember that this is all my personal opinion only, not the almighty khaibar's or maXNOOB's.
corclaork
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

personally it seems useless. 90% of the alarms are scouts and i will likely tune the sound out by the time a real assault happens.

cor

in game name : corclark
Sacred_Tribune out in the wild.
Dogg1000
Advanced

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I agree with cor and sno.

Its a good idea in theory though.
J4
Intermediate

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 12:42 pm    Post subject: good points Reply with quote

I agree I would not like to go to the account page to toggle before dropping.

I was not imagining the alarm sound as particularly ear piercing, just a simple blip would work. If a blip sounded at the beginning of every turn it wouldn't be that bad, it's not like a wah wah wah always on alarm.

Ideally you could in fantasyland upload your own or choose between multiple sounds but really you have volume on the comp too.

I want something where I can watch a show in a different window and if something happens at base I can go check. I imagine 1 person in a fac watching a base would have this set so the others didn't have to.

Even if it is just a scout one person has to take it seriously, that is just part of 24 hour bases. I imagine some people would abuse it to be annoying for a while but game etiquette would eventually win out.
J4
Intermediate

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 12:23 pm    Post subject: hmm Reply with quote

Lot of votes against this, still not many reasons given.

It's one thing to say you wouldn't use it it's another to deny it to others.

You want more fights with more players? Give more ways to let players know when there's a fight.
phrank
Intermediate

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been staying out of things. But when I see something like this what can I do. "It's one thing to say you wouldn't use it it's another to deny it to others"
J4
Intermediate

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 4:22 pm    Post subject: and you wonder Reply with quote

The response to ideas like this one is case enough for me to leave this gaming community, you guys are moving deck chairs on the titanic, a titanic you sunk long ago with your dedication to single unit targeting.

I told you how you could make an interface to this game that would begin to be remotely logical, the 'community' shot every single one of them down.

So game is stuck in 2004, enjoy your shitty unfun grindy carpal tunnel inducing game which is the result of your shitty capacity for ideas.

J4
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Drop Shock Forum Index -> Suggestions All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: