FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

#90 - [Bug] Decrease Dominus payout (Added)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Drop Shock Forum Index -> Player Council - Closed Tickets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
krisjaniz
Mentor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:56 am    Post subject: #90 - [Bug] Decrease Dominus payout (Added) Reply with quote

By eV:
http://sourceforge.net/p/dropshock/tickets/90/

More than 24 nodes provide 2fp per instead of the current 3fp.

Support, although I think it should be 1fp per. Would give a reason for the elseif($pay->count<=24) {$payOutFp=2;} to exist on line 6907. Otherwise it should just be changed to else $payOutFp=2;.

I don't see the added value of leaving out the final catchall in that line and letting an earlier assignment take care of it instead.

Can we vote on two things here - the current bugfix and a reduction to 1fp per node if more than 24 nodes are held by a single faction? I support both.

Last edited by krisjaniz on Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:04 pm; edited 2 times in total
Dark Leth
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:05 am    Post subject: Re: #90 - [Tweak?] Decrease Dominus payout Reply with quote

krisjaniz wrote:
By eV:

Up to 20 Nodes provide 3fp per changed to Up to 20 Nodes provide 2fp per (fps payout code, not planet description).

Any reason why?
krisjaniz
Mentor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:43 am    Post subject: Re: #90 - [Tweak?] Decrease Dominus payout Reply with quote

Dark Leth wrote:
krisjaniz wrote:
By eV:

Up to 20 Nodes provide 3fp per changed to Up to 20 Nodes provide 2fp per (fps payout code, not planet description).

Any reason why?

No idea, last I heard, eV had done something different than Vanoi wanted done. Probably should put this on hold for now.
Mentor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:38 pm    Post subject: Re: #90 - [Tweak?] Decrease Dominus payout Reply with quote

Dark Leth wrote:

Any reason why?

eV updated code, support
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

support if this makes the planet description correct

Slayer_666
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

YAY
Walterohdim
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bumping as this is a Pass and needs to be pushed.

Walterohdim

krisjaniz
Mentor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Walterohdim wrote:

Walterohdim

If we want to be 100% honest here, it's not a pass.

Walterohdim wrote:

It doesn't. It's just a workaround. You still can cap more than 24 nodes (contrary to the planet description), this just ensures that you don't get an extra bonus for it. A real fix is needed to address the >24 node issue. Or alternatively we could rework that planet completely.
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

krisjaniz wrote:
Walterohdim wrote:

Walterohdim

Walterohdim wrote:

It doesn't. It's just a workaround. You still can cap more than 24 nodes (contrary to the planet description), this just ensures that you don't get an extra bonus for it. A real fix is needed to address the >24 node issue. Or alternatively we could rework that planet completely.

Are we certain? We specifically pushed a separate fix to make no more than 24 nodes cap-able. Ress never again went above that amount. Or was that just because there was no sense in them doing so?
krisjaniz
Mentor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dark Leth wrote:
krisjaniz wrote:
Walterohdim wrote:

Walterohdim

Walterohdim wrote:

Are we certain? We specifically pushed a separate fix to make no more than 24 nodes cap-able. Ress never again went above that amount. Or was that just because there was no sense in them doing so?

Well they just did it again this cycle...
Resurrected control 51% of planet
fed up fac control 2% of planet
Deliverance control 47% of planet

25, 1 and 23 nodes respectively...
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

krisjaniz wrote:
Dark Leth wrote:
krisjaniz wrote:
Walterohdim wrote:

Walterohdim

Walterohdim wrote:

Well they just did it again this cycle...
Resurrected control 51% of planet
fed up fac control 2% of planet
Deliverance control 47% of planet

25, 1 and 23 nodes respectively...

OK, I was given incorrect information.

Feel free to proceed with either path - you have my vote for both.
krisjaniz
Mentor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dark Leth wrote:

That's why I wanted to set the payout for >24 nodes to 1fp per node while we are at it.

Tried Dominus myself yesterday and I have to say the reward for capping nodes there is seriously lacking now. I understand that we wanted to make this planet better for everybody but for the casual player not wanting to spend their time on Dominus 24/7 this is an even worse proposition than the original.

So the planet will be populated by farmers who will just cap the nodes for vision, wait until UK drops to farm it and then run away screaming when the swarm arrives (disabling OOB movement practically guarantees it). I estimate that the planet will be empty for 2/3 of the cycle with just SG stealth salvaging everything that doesn't move there same as before.
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

krisjaniz wrote:
Dark Leth wrote:

That's why I wanted to set the payout for >24 nodes to 1fp per node while we are at it.

Tried Dominus myself yesterday and I have to say the reward for capping nodes there is seriously lacking now. I understand that we wanted to make this planet better for everybody but for the casual player not wanting to spend their time on Dominus 24/7 this is an even worse proposition than the original.

So the planet will be populated by farmers who will just cap the nodes for vision, wait until UK drops to farm it and then run away screaming when the swarm arrives (disabling OOB movement practically guarantees it). I estimate that the planet will be empty for 2/3 of the cycle with just SG stealth salvaging everything that doesn't move there same as before.

Yeah, there needs to be some sort of alternative vision for the planet - there's been a few good proposals on the forum that we should take a look at.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Drop Shock Forum Index -> Player Council - Closed Tickets All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: