FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Would u pay again?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
khaibar
Advanced

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:57 pm    Post subject: Would u pay again? Reply with quote

A question to those who have spent money on this game, would u do it again if a new strux set is added?

http://forum.mobrulestudios.com/viewtopic.php?p=147854#147854

found some unused mod images in the game, and working with some guys on new ones (some are lulzy others look good)

so... frizz adding a new strux set might encourage you to spend some more money on TWz?
ChaosKiNg3
Advanced

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My only worry is the fact that ever since Battle Tactics every single new strux set has added something new and profound to the battle field which changed the way we were -forced- to play.

XP added super commanders, ore processing and some other interesting base support buildings. This expansion was not horrible but it did create another level of micromanaging if trying to fully make use of your super commander.

Shadow Wars....oh boy. Shadow Wars added 2 terrible things to Tinywarz, stealth and defense mods. Those 2 additions to the game caused and are still causing some pretty serious grief to the player base. Now we see the majority of stealth units unable to equip anything but energy because of the amazing amounts of commander caps/squad jumps made by missile armed stealth units. On top of that Defense Mods created a Rock, Paper Scissors battlefield which in the blink of an eye can render your entire army drop walking experience when someone drops after you.

Combat Drop's flaws are no less. It beckoned in the nerfing of missiles and certain energy units along with the addition of 2 terribly broken ammo mods, Gyro Ammo and Cluster Missiles. No set-up can run without using those mods which is simply silly in a game that is supposed to be as customizable as Tinywarz. The addition of the Wyvern was not to well thought out either. An outrageously expensive unit seemingly created -just- so missiles cannot be called underpowered, it takes obscene amounts of command and ore not to mention clicks to create one which just adds to the amount of losses on the battlefield which prevent many fights. CD also saw the introduction of a million and a half on unit actis which are frankly just confusing and difficult to use in any sort of army setting.

SW and DS also added more super commanders to the batch which added more insane actis and abilities to army/cmdr pvp which everyone has to be aware of and ready to counter.

To summarize this whole post I have mostly disliked every single expansion since BT came out. Every single one has added another unneeded confusing layer to the game and driven myself, personally, away. New expansions sound really cool but looking at your ideas I am already not a fan. You created a unit that can absolutely eliminate missiles as an effective damage type even if we some how got MDII out of the picture. You also have created weapons that have more effects and more effects is the last thing this game needs, more effects means more confusion, microing and less fun.

My thoughts.
ChaosKiNg3
Advanced

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forgot to mention the fact that we now have stuff that shoots over 10 range, never was a fan ^^
Walterohdim
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chaosking is completly correct. There are already way to many broken strux in the game. We need to remove and replace a number of strux that don't add to the gameplaying experience. Identifying them then replacing them should be our top priority NOT a new strux set to add more brokenness to the game.

Walterohdim

Frageran
Sandwich Maker

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Forced to play" is a completely accurate way to describe things. And while some have been able to adapt well, I never was.

Trerro wrote:
Onto my order I need to tack a stack of Shak Attack Pack, so I can smack back my enemies with flak. Quack.
khaibar
Advanced

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

my ideas are ideas not things that are going to be added

I agree that super commanders and defence mods and stealth were fail additions.

OS strux set means a strux set wanted by the community. If you dislike the anti-missile vehicle I added it give it another use Cool

The biggest obstacle facing new strux is new images. As for stats and effects, those only require imagination.

Please feel free to participate in stats and effects on whatever unit I post. Don't take it as a final setup just because I or anyone else posted it :/

Any image I make is OS, feel free to use it and post your own unit

http://forum.mobrulestudios.com/viewtopic.php?p=147886#147886
kooliam
Intermediate

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Walterohdim wrote:
Chaosking is completly correct. There are already way to many broken strux in the game. We need to remove and replace a number of strux that don't add to the gameplaying experience. Identifying them then replacing them should be our top priority NOT a new strux set to add more brokenness to the game.

I totally agree,
I think we should "erase" the strux that we dont like and that are breaking this game.
A good example that i can think of is the gyro and cluster ammo - and maybe if mis-targeting all in all.

kool..
khaibar
Advanced

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://forum.mobrulestudios.com/viewtopic.php?t=14844

related to the misstarget thing
Dark Leth
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would pay for more content, not just strux. In fact, I'd pay for mechanic fixes, planet fixes, interface updates, advertising campaigns, pretty much whatever it takes to increase the number of players.
kooliam
Intermediate

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will you play again though? Smile
khaibar
Advanced

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dark Leth wrote:
I would pay for more content, not just strux. In fact, I'd pay for mechanic fixes, planet fixes, interface updates, advertising campaigns, pretty much whatever it takes to increase the number of players.

I offer my services #troll#
Walterohdim
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would make a pledge to buy tbs if there was a real effort to replace many of the bad strux, misstarget mods, damage reducers etc..... with other less broken simpler strux. I would even accept Bob II and Bob III mods that do the same but look and maybe cost a bit different.

Walterohdim

Dark Leth
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kooliam wrote:

Fix a few planets and I probably would, yes.
kooliam
Intermediate

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dark Leth wrote:
kooliam wrote:

Fix a few planets and I probably would, yes.

Finally Surprised
garrow
Advanced

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just see no point to pay anymore, until I know my investment is safe and actually being used to better the game, not to be stuffed into frizz's pocket for a new car. We need to get frizz to buy the game, then select prominent members of the community to manage the banks/updates/management of the game. To be honest, we have the smarty pants in this game to do it, and with khaib's doing regular updates that we want, and some he surprises us with, we got the updates, so we have it, just not the game. I'd love to see it fully transfered over to these select members, then I'd certaintly be willing to heavily invest again.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Drop Shock Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: