FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

#20 - Zedus Beacon gives PUs (Added)
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Drop Shock Forum Index -> Open Source
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
khaibar
Advanced


Joined: 14 Dec 2007
Posts: 1141

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:20 am    Post subject: #20 - Zedus Beacon gives PUs (Added) Reply with quote

Files: process_turn.php

insert on line 1172

Code:
switch(intval(($planet_maxturn - $relic->i_turn_captured)/10))
            {
               case 0:
               case 1: 
               case 2:  $zedusloot = array(164,144,146,161,147,179,145); // Give simple PU
                       break;
               case 3: 
               case 4:
               case 5: $zedusloot = array(163,151,148,149,150,166); // Give inter PU
                     break;
               case 6: $zedusloot = array(162,155,165,152,153,154); // Give adv PU
                     break;
               default: $zedusloot = array(160,159,156,157,158,154,155,165); // Give elite PU or adv merit related PU <-- most important ones really
            
            }
            $zedus_mod= $zedusloot[(array_rand($zedusloot))];
            SetMessage(0, "<font class='alerttextb'>Captured Beacon provides <b>".$TW_mod_names[$zedus_mod]."</b> mod!", $relicdata->i_owner );
            $sql  = "UPDATE mods SET m_".$zedus_mod."=(m_".$zedus_mod."+1) WHERE user_id=? ";
                     $res =& $db->query($sql, Array($relicdata->i_owner) );
                     if (DB::isError($res)) { ReportDBError($res); }
                     
            unset($sql,$zedus_mod,$zedusloot);


i cloned the swarm PU salvage so I hope no errors

Basic idea, on horizon the owner of the beacon gets:

if beacon held for <30 turns: simple PU
if less than 60 turns: inter PU
if less than 70 turns :adv PU
if more: elite pu or adv pu related to merits

Fps are dead, this would cause people to drop for beacons for personal profit
I never did zedus beacons. But I would if this is added

PU is given with fps not instead of them
Ticket link: https://sourceforge.net/p/dropshock/tickets/20/


Last edited by khaibar on Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:46 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
yoman5
Advanced


Joined: 15 Jan 2009
Posts: 754

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

support, a reason to zedus fight again would be cool, i always enjoyed dueling
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Vinzkillx
Simple


Joined: 20 Jun 2012
Posts: 92
Location: Behind you

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agree will be more profit than hundred of Fp
_________________
In game called DevilSteam

one day at PR fac chat ...
DevilSteam [12:11am 19]
But we're all reds
Tirptiz [12:10am 19]
and go to WAAAAAARRRR, all reds must die
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Xian
Intermediate


Joined: 23 Oct 2008
Posts: 265

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

would make Zedus more active, agreed.
_________________
xian in-game.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
snorok14
Advanced


Joined: 22 Aug 2008
Posts: 870
Location: Leave me alone, your mom and I are busy.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A nice bonus to factions that need help because they cannot afford to pay beaconers as much. Support.
_________________
_D'z Nutz
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
corclaork
Council Member


Joined: 26 Aug 2008
Posts: 518
Location: The Mohawk Wasteland

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

support only if its along side the FP payout.. ppl still use zed for fp

cor
_________________
"hit or be hit"

in game name : corclark
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
yinuss
Intermediate


Joined: 13 Jul 2008
Posts: 423
Location: Australia/China

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice idea, support
_________________
'Gentlemen! You can't fight in here, this is the war room!'
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ravneel
Intermediate


Joined: 11 Apr 2008
Posts: 319

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

support!
_________________
Blair [7:29pm]
I see my ass and it looks like your face Razz

Darkc35ar [7:27pm]
look in da mirror and ull get owned =P

Blair [7:25pm]
owned

Darkc35ar [7:23pm]
omfg wrong chat xD

Darkc35ar [7:23pm]
woot 1.4k shak exp so far
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Walterohdim
Site Admin


Joined: 15 Jun 2006
Posts: 1629
Location: Somewhere with lots of doors

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like this idea also. AuX has been paying 5cmd for faction points but even with the payout it is hard to get people to work that planet. I think this sort of built in incentive might be just what we need so that Zedus isn't just FP farming and actually becomes something that is worth fighting over.

Walterohdim
_________________
Wannabee historian of Tinywarz. Through the building of myth we will build community. M. Scott Peck

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
DesertFox
Simple


Joined: 30 Aug 2012
Posts: 37
Location: Io

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

support...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
khaibar
Advanced


Joined: 14 Dec 2007
Posts: 1141

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bumping for council

given all the positive feedback i think this should be priority
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Walterohdim
Site Admin


Joined: 15 Jun 2006
Posts: 1629
Location: Somewhere with lots of doors

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the circle email I have seen that this idea has some resistance from council members, who don't like the PU idea. I still like this idea though as Zedus needs more then just faction points in order to make the beacons worth fighting over. I vote yes on this idea.

Walterohdim
_________________
Wannabee historian of Tinywarz. Through the building of myth we will build community. M. Scott Peck

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Dark Leth
Council Member


Joined: 05 Jul 2005
Posts: 1498

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another suggestion was that perhaps allowing users to continue their command missions to chain the command rewards. If the command mission can continue indefinitely, I suggest that for each supply capture (should the player decide to continue) an additional status message is pushed to all chat. Something along the lines of "[Player X] has continued their Rynn mission to gain an additional [Y] command!" so that fellow players are aware that someone is still deployed and to encourage combat.

Regarding the actual suggestion, I'm in favor of utilizing either FP or command increases, although the latter might be more useful for the game in its current state.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
khaibar
Advanced


Joined: 14 Dec 2007
Posts: 1141

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Walterohdim wrote:
In the circle email I have seen that this idea has some resistance from council members, who don't like the PU idea. I still like this idea though as Zedus needs more then just faction points in order to make the beacons worth fighting over. I vote yes on this idea.

Walterohdim


Shocked
Who? I keel them!

Dark Leth wrote:
Another suggestion was that perhaps allowing users to continue their command missions to chain the command rewards. If the command mission can continue indefinitely, I suggest that for each supply capture (should the player decide to continue) an additional status message is pushed to all chat. Something along the lines of "[Player X] has continued their Rynn mission to gain an additional [Y] command!" so that fellow players are aware that someone is still deployed and to encourage combat.

Regarding the actual suggestion, I'm in favor of utilizing either FP or command increases, although the latter might be more useful for the game in its current state.


This is not related to PU suggestion 8(
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dark Leth
Council Member


Joined: 05 Jul 2005
Posts: 1498

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

khaibar wrote:
Walterohdim wrote:
In the circle email I have seen that this idea has some resistance from council members, who don't like the PU idea. I still like this idea though as Zedus needs more then just faction points in order to make the beacons worth fighting over. I vote yes on this idea.

Walterohdim


Shocked
Who? I keel them!

Dark Leth wrote:
Another suggestion was that perhaps allowing users to continue their command missions to chain the command rewards. If the command mission can continue indefinitely, I suggest that for each supply capture (should the player decide to continue) an additional status message is pushed to all chat. Something along the lines of "[Player X] has continued their Rynn mission to gain an additional [Y] command!" so that fellow players are aware that someone is still deployed and to encourage combat.

Regarding the actual suggestion, I'm in favor of utilizing either FP or command increases, although the latter might be more useful for the game in its current state.


This is not related to PU suggestion 8(


I think I got my tabs out of order, sorry.

Here's my thoughts on the Zedus session:

Dropping PUs is not an ideal solution to achieving a more active planet.

I really don't want to see more aggregate deployments to Zedus if all that means is just more people deploying by themselves and holding a beacon until cycle for PUs.

However, if PUs were an inducement for others to drop - for example, beacons dropped PUs only when the beacon was contested by, say, 3 or more players, this might be worth pursuing.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Drop Shock Forum Index -> Open Source All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group