FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Glory

View previous topic :: View next topic  
1lostsoul
Simple

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:27 am    Post subject: Glory Reply with quote

part 1

Glory

That is the name that came on the side of my sentry when I received it as my new mecha under my new commander. Fix it and clean out the remains of the last crew was my first job.

The thing was a pile of sand colored scrap stored in a corner of the orbiter station’s docking bay. The other crews snickered as they went by to look for their units also in this docking bay. Me and my pilot stood there appalled by the broken wreck we were given. We didn’t even notice our new commander as he stood with us till he said; looks like you have your work cut out for you. We jumped having not noticed his approach. “Take care of it and she will take care of you” he said as he walked away. “That guy is a damn ghost”, said Jeves; my pilot” don’t you agree Vern.” No I don’t agree I think he is more of a lost soul than some spook.

He was right about one thing we do have a lot of work to do to get this thing going again.

1lostsoul
Simple

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

part II

1 week later

Its not pretty but it should hold I stated to no one in particular

the landing bay was empty except for a few others in the distance working on their units.

this group had been newly formed so lacked many of the resources I was used to. Mainly some one else to do all of the repairs. I was not used to doing repairs, unless they were some emergency stop gap measures normally in combat. One last thing to do before I could be cleared to go and put it in some live fire practice then after that maybe some combat drops. log in to its on board computer and run a system check.

It was almost the last thing I did
1lostsoul
Simple

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

part III

the last thing I remembered was turning the sentry on.

Now I am in medical with not a clue as to what happened. I knew it was medical it had that sterilized smell, and it was also the only place in the whole station painted white with those glaring white lights.
some thing moved to my left it was Jeves sound asleep in a chair next to my bed.

"Nice to see your alive", said some one to my right I turned.
it was a woman most likely a pilot seeing as she was not wearing a nurse uniform. Most people don't survive being rocket propelled into the ceiling not that the unexploded ordinance would have been a better option for you. "I will be helping you in repairing your sentry now as well", she said as she started to leave. Wait I said whats your name? "Veronica" ,she said as she left the room.
"huh what I miss" Jeves had awoken and like always missed every thing. nothing Jeves just going back to sleep I said as I closed my eyes...

trying to recall what had happened to me.
1lostsoul
Simple

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

part IV

all people have a nerve key that is built into their uniform even the non combat ones. The main part is in the most important part looks like a steel collar. I does some science stuff that I don't care to explain. Mostly it lets me pilot and turn on my meka. I was thinking before I joined Jeves in going to sleep I would run a diagnostic and see if the systems still worked on our sentry; Glory as we... well I have started calling it. so I had entered the cockpit was sitting in what would be my seat. It smelled of burnt metal. I felt like I could still taste that copper like taste of fresh blood. Despite of having done my best to clean any thing out that even looked like dried blood.

I turned it on its engine gave a low growl as all of the systems booted up
then every thing started to flash red waring whistles started going off.

a sudden jolt and I have a good view of the entire bay another jolt as I hit the ceiling and started falling down. I remember thinking thank goodness I buckled up as I hit the floor. there was not much to recall after all.

but then I started to dream...
garrow
Advanced

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pretty good! Keep adding on!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Drop Shock Forum Index -> Fan Fiction All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: