FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Journal of an unknown Rynn survivor: Part 1

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Trerro
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 11:12 pm    Post subject: Journal of an unknown Rynn survivor: Part 1 Reply with quote

Day 1: Well, this research project is off to a great start.
"Failproof autopilot", they said.
"Requires no pilot training at all!", they said.
Well, the wrecked dropship says otherwise. On the plus side, it seems all of our gear has survived, and crash landing or not, we've beaten all of the local factions to this nearly discovered world. Our buildings ended up... a bit scattered, but everything powered up, and I'm not seeing any major damage on the reports. Thankfully, all of our communication gear is functional, so we're not trapped on this rock.

Day 2: We may have beaten the factions here, but no such luck with the bandits. 3 scout bikes came to raid us for supplies. Thankfully, we brought the results of our previous research (combining Human and Sha'Khar technology) with us. I felt bad when I heard the horrible screams of the bikers being splashed with acid, but it's the only defense this research base has.

Day 3: While gathering rock samples, one of our research vehicles crashed into something round and metal. At first I was pissed, but then I inspected it. It's some kind of hatch! It's covered in debris, but we should be able to open it by tomorrow.

Our fusion reactor has been making some strange clacking sounds, but everything seems to check out fine. It's probably just the occasional rock getting blown in there.

Day 4: We finished excavating the hatch, and discovered a series of strange symbols on it. I scanned them in, and while there appears to be a clear lingual structure to them, it doesn't match any known language. We may have discovered an entirely new civilization... or at least the remains of one. We're sending a Lone Eye down there to check, just in case the natives decide to respond to our curiosity with weaponry.

Day 5: The imagery we're getting from the probe is amazing! There's an entire abandoned underground city down there. The technology is a bit primitive, but there's clear evidence of computerized machinery. Something is bizarre though. There's no evidence of a battle - no damage, no bodies... nothing... and yet, everywhere we go seems to be abandoned. What happened down there?

Day 6: I awoke to the ground shaking violently. I thought it was an earthquake, and then I realized what I was hearing. The clacking of the reactor had been replaced by a violent rumble.... and cries of
"Ah, fark!"
"It's gonna blow any minute!"
"Get everything away from it, NOW!"
There was a bright flash, and a loud explosion. The shockwave caused me to land on my ass, and I heard the horrible crackling sound of shields shorting out everywhere. As I began to frantically suit up, I could hear the alarm broadcast:
"Warning! No power source detected! Life support failure in 56 hours. Distress call broadcast transmitting."

I ran outside... just in time to watch the glow of our only real weapon fade away. If anyone finds this journal and it ends here... I've likely been kidnapped by bandits... or worse. Possibly far, far, worse.

Ok... the intergalactic beer run may have been a bad idea. Whoops!
kooliam
Intermediate

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool ending.... sounds like u got a good idea!!

kool...
diegs231
Simple

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice Trerro.
Stealth21
Elite

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

_Chron
Advanced

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well,i dont like most of it,but i like how "real" it is,it kinda makes u feel ur reading a history book,boring,but good

ur ending is also a good one, i believe u would be better a guy that gives ideas to writers rather than a writer

I am MIЯROR
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Drop Shock Forum Index -> Fan Fiction All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: