FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Player Interviews [Official Thread]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
risu
Advanced

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very interesting insight into the minds of well known players. Enjoyable read, Ren.

more plz.
kunjuro
Advanced

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My grammar was epic fail during the interview =)) I had too much birthday cake Razz
Renaisance
Advanced

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you see _stealth? No you can't, 'coz he got his name changed!

Meet Chronus, as we talk about his own history, his current goals, what he thinks of the game and of course, beating up the reds....

Ren : How long have you played DropShock for? Any rough estimates?
Chron : Date joined: 05-02-08
Chronus : No need to estimate, that's 2 years something..

Ren : So how would you describe your DropShock career?
Chron : Back when i first joined the game, it was pretty hot and exciting
Chron : Now... it's... well to be honest.. boring.

Ren : So what's the difference between now and before?
Chron : Before there were too many wars happening in the planets
Chron : Now, too many wars happening in chat Smile
Chron : Also... the greatest wars happened in the past... nowadays, it's too rare to get mass PvP.

Ren : Going forward, do you think you have any personal experiences in game that is memorable?
Chron : Yeah! Actually, a lot.
Chron : When I was a noob, I got banned because of being a multi ...oh yes a multi.
Chron : Then.... I tried to prove them wrong as it was my cousin's ass that made me get banned Smile
Chron : Second... was when I got ganged up by PGF vets for ABUSING A BUG.. which was never the issue.

Ren : Referring to the first incident, you were given a second chance by Frizz but at one point you were pretty much a public enemy - looking back, do you remember how you felt back then?
Chron : Ih, well... it's a tough fight. It's like me against everyone. Of course, I can't talk crap in every chat room anymore. I felt so alone, but then... I tried to explain.
Chron : Luckily.. some players tried to defend me Very Happy Which made me very happy.
Chron : And yeah, morten... when I came back (after being unbanned) ...He sent me an invite to ER immediately Smile
Chron : However, too many things happened in ER and it got me kicked.
Chron : One thing I can suggest to players with the same issue with me and until now they can't fix it... I'd say, they should know when to ignore people and just play.

Ren : Though, since then you've gradually been re-accepted as part of the game community now, and regarded as one of the more feared mass PvP commanders.
Ren : What do you think of your accomplishments thus far?
Chron : Hmm... best accomplishments... First, I got a 72 + score in the community which I never dreamed of.
Chron : Second, I filled up my storage with a BIG collection of army units(I never spent a penny on the game).
Chron : Third, I got real friends who actually support me when i need them, whether in enemy factions or allied.
Chron : 4th, getting a high level.
Chron : There it is, took me minutes to summarize it Smile

Ren : You've played for both sides of the RedVSBlue conflict - what do you think of RVB in this game?
Chron : Bleh, for me... I found it funny, at the same time a nice part of the game.
Chron : Actually... it's funny because players are mudslinging with each other (including me) in chat after every fight. However, it's the only reason why the game is still alive.
Chron : RvB is everywhere... especially if the game has low numbers of players online everyday.
Chron : Simple suggestion from me: Limiting # of alliances would be cool.

Ren : Regarding that, dozens of players have said that if RvB was abolished from this game, it would be more fun - what do you think?
Chron : No.
Ren : That's all?!
Chron : RvB is the only reason why the game is still alive. Because those are the 2 largest factions that are controlling the other factions.
Chron : I'm still typing!!!
Chron : However, i think RvB is ALMOST over...

Ren : Why so?
Chron : I just feel, the blue will soon raise the white flag. Then when Red gets tired, they will discuss something like a break to give fun for their members.
Chron : Also, as you can see... PGF is splitting apart everywhere now i.e Deli
Chron : And newer factions trying their best to get into the ranks.

Ren : Regarding newer factions, which of the younger ones do you think has the potential to be a contender for both Red and Blue in the near future
Chron : Searing Shadows (Are they even new?)
Chron : second choice is HoC, I saw them getting a Super Node.

Ren : Have you ever went inactive before? If so, for what reason?
Chron : Hm..inactive ....a week maybe... one thing is for sure, I went inactive for just 2weeks, then I dropped to kill bases in Hadeas.
Chron : I went inactive because I got fail grades ROFL D:
Chron : And because of that, I tried to destroy my laptop D: It just won't die.

Ren : Aha, someone got grounded Razz
Chron : Yeah right.
Chron : Have you ever seen a guy brag? It's my father.

Ren : Unrelated!!!!
Chron : Lol, next!

Ren : Okay, let's go on to something else - any goals for your faction these days?
Chron : I want Res to be in top 2.
Chron : Straight answer eh? But yeah, I'm serious.

Ren : And kill blue even more?!
Chron : Everything that looks red in the map!
Chron : Unless there's a NAP of course hahaha...
Chron : You know, my mouth is watering every time I see red D: I even get excited whenever I see chubs' army Very Happy

Ren : That's why you are labelled as the PGF talisman ;P
Chron : Lol. I dun know... I learned every skill i have in PGF. But we both failed our trust.

Ren : Any personal goals currently though?
Chron : I need to have 100k Cmds in the next year. I doubt it will happen though.

Ren : Last question -
Ren : Any tips for new players and faction?
Ren : Don't be like kunneh Razz
Chron : Of course I have a lot...
Chron : First, never make a multi.
Chron : Second, don't be like cooldood aka zeal (he's a brave soldier)
Chron : Third, always bear in mind that resources in this game is very hard to get and that you should know how to save.
Chron : Fourth, don't join a faction just because some players told you to go IN THAT faction in all chat..because right now too many young
factions are getting nodes Very Happy I suggest joining SS, HOC, BL.
Chron : Fifth, if you want to be rich quick, be active, prove to your rich leader that you are a awesome facmate, then try to ask for freebies in a nice way.
Chron : Sixth..Ren is...a gay! Very Happy Oops, I really mean he's awesome and that...are we done?

Ren : Damnit! Razz
Ren : That was a secret!
Chron : Okay! Smile

P.S : Please note that Ren IS NOT GAY. I hate you Chron ;P

"If you play Justin Bieber songs backwards, you can hear messages from Satan. Even worse, if you play them forwards you hear Justin Bieber"

"Never gonna give you up, never gonna let you down, never gonna shut the f*** up"

Last edited by Renaisance on Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Stealth21
Elite

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol Cool

_Chron
Advanced

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Searing Shadows has been tipped to be one of the potential powerhouses in the game. We talk with Jekyll, one of SS's more prominent leaders

Ren : First question like always : When did you start playing this game?
Jekyll : 2nd of August 2008

Ren : How would you describe your DS gameplay thus far?
Jekyll : Hmm....sheltered perhaps...
Jekyll : I had an easier time starting out due to generosity of some ER higher ups, and luck Wink
Jekyll : I joined at the beginning of an ER leveling competition coincidentally.
Jekyll : Got second place to rl95 (Donk) and won some BAIIs that I sold for my paid days

Ren : I figured you would have had a longer history than that mate Wink
Jekyll : Oh, did you want the whole novel? Razz
Ren : Summarized, of course Smile
Jekyll : Well I trained in ER for my first year of play
Jekyll : Learned army fighting from CK3, who kind of took me under his wing.
Jekyll : During that year I visited PR where I learned some 1v1 PvP from B3Bomber.
Jekyll : At my 1 year, almost on the dot, I created AoT, which would later become Searing Shadows
Jekyll : With support from ER and Res we climbed pretty fast without too many snags and are now #7.

Ren : Searing Shadows has been tipped by many to be one of the younger factions to 'watch out for'. What could be the reason? Any secret plans for world domination?
Jekyll : To be honest I have accomplished my goals of where I wanted SS to go and more.
Jekyll : I never thought we would be where we are today when I created it.
Jekyll : Kinda just floating now, gaining FPs of course but no real concrete goals.
Jekyll : I suppose Top 5 is as good as any goal.

Ren : If I'm correct, you are one of the pioneers and leaders of Searing Shadows - what do you deem is compulsory faction duty every day you log in?
Jekyll : I check for inactives, skim through faction mail and check faction planets when I first log on.
Jekyll : With 4 leaders, the burden is shared... so the personal burden is light.
Jekyll : Though we always make Hyde clean the toilets Razz

Ren : You've been playing for a decent amount of time - do you have any memorable experiences?
Jekyll : I do...my first would be my first ever Shak base attack
Jekyll : I attacked a Shak base with 25 BAII and got slaughtered
Jekyll : However CK3 came and killed the base to save my units though ^-^
Jekyll : Second would be my first real base assault
Jekyll : ER vs Deli, ended up a huge fight involving 1000s of units.
Jekyll : Deli eventually won and I'm sure had fun salvaging for the next 10 hours.

Ren : I was the one salvaging, and it was no fun Sad
Jekyll : Heheh.
Jekyll : I lost 30 BAIIs without many kills, but it was probably that battle that really hooked me to tinywarz
Jekyll : It showed me what it could become... huge battles like that are what people long for when looking for a game to play.

Ren : Are there any things that you wish to try out that you haven't had the chance to?.
Jekyll : Getting a 1000 armor spellbreaker with Natural armor acti.. and take a bandit node with it
Jekyll : I tried it once but ended up getting disconnected and killed by a node which I unintentionally wandered into.

Ren : You've been part of the RvB situation within the game - is it any fun for you and what do you think about it?
Jekyll : I think it is an inevitable part of a game like this...
Jekyll : free for alls always end up with teaming up on someone...
Jekyll : Then the 2 that teamed up become buddies and allies.
Jekyll : I don't mind it.. although it would be neat to add a real 3rd side
Ren : So which factions currently existing now would be the most suitable candidate for this?
Jekyll : At the moment I see no factions capable of standing up to ER or PGF alone.
Jekyll : It would need to be a co-operative effort of several established factions for it to work.

Ren : Any examples? A random combination of factions allied together?
Jekyll : When Slayer was in the game, he tried to recruit established factions to join his purple side idea
Jekyll : He tried to get many established factions, including SS, into it.
Jekyll : Yes...a random combination of factions.

Ren : So at the time, did you think it would work out? If it did, what do you predict would have happened?
Jekyll : I didn't think it would work out at all.
Jekyll : The gravitation of either side got the best of him and he re-allied to PGF soon after

Ren : Moving on, any personal feats that you are proud of?
Jekyll : I've gotten a few commander caps that I am particulary proud of.
Jekyll : Killed a +II PGM that was sitting outside a mining base supporting Clays that were defending a relic.
Jekyll : Jumped Listas 10 controlled with Dread and DIM and killed it.
Jekyll : Obviously SS being another feat that I'm proud of Smile Being a major part of its establishment is something I am extremely proud of.

Ren : So out of all the younger factions, which one would you tip to be a potential challenge to SS?
Jekyll : HoC has great potential.
Jekyll : Lots of intelligent, dedicated players there that have a great future in DS.

Ren : You collect Alpacas. How many of them do you have currently?
Jekyll : 6, heheh.
Ren : That's a fairly small collection Razz
Jekyll : I kinda gave up on them due to how rare they appear to be.
Jekyll : I still buy them when I see them, but don't hunt them down.
Jekyll : I've taken up collecting colourful crews-
Jekyll : Blue, Red, Green, Black.. ect.

Ren : If you had a chance to talk directly to Frizz himself, what would you recommend to him in order to raise the standard of the game?
Jekyll : Well, in order to make the game better, we need more players. Lots more.
Jekyll : As an extremely optimistic request.. maybe make the vehicles really animated on planet, instead of just moving pictures?
Jekyll : Would take a lot of work.. but would bring the game up to a whole new level.

Ren : Alright, last question, what would you advise the new players and factions to do?
Jekyll : First thing a new player should do when joining the game is mute CBX... the limited advice you may receive isn't worth the abuse he doles out
Jekyll : New players should join an established faction with a diversity of players (newer and experienced)
Jekyll : Having newer players they can relate to and co-operate with will make learning the game a lot less lonely .
Jekyll : And of course experienced players to help guide their way of learning .
Jekyll : I would probably agree with the CBX part, but he does try to help out Razz
Jekyll : On occasion... he is like the old teacher that will put a dunce cap on you and hit you with a stick at the first mistake
Jekyll : Its way too much to deal with for a new player...
Jekyll : Many people may not know, but I had another account before this one..
Jekyll : I quit because of people like CBX...
Jekyll : Came back months later, didn't remember password. Rejoined and the first time I saw CBX speak, I muted him
Jekyll : It was left that way for a few months before I unmuted him.

Ren : So what do you think of CBX now? Razz
Jekyll : I think he needs to put down the bat and stop smashing new players..
Jekyll : Its a complicated game, very sharp learning curve.
Jekyll : The last thing new players need is someone like him making witty insults every time they ask a question.

"If you play Justin Bieber songs backwards, you can hear messages from Satan. Even worse, if you play them forwards you hear Justin Bieber"

"Never gonna give you up, never gonna let you down, never gonna shut the f*** up"

Last edited by Renaisance on Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bidigam
Elite

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The choice of questions and the choice of players is biased. Just as I was expecting.

If your project was to propagate a false idea of the community then you are doing well. But you better not assume nobody has noticed it.

Thats all I wanted to say.

DropShock!
Nninty
Advanced

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bidigam wrote:
The choice of questions and the choice of players is biased. Just as I was expecting.

If your project was to propagate a false idea of the community then you are doing well. But you better not assume nobody has noticed it.

All the people interviewed volunteered for it.. not sure why you need to flip this into a flame thread with your conspiracy theories...

In game, they call me Jekyll
Renaisance
Advanced

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bidigam wrote:

So....how is it BIASED?
Because I'm part of the RvB triangle?
Why should I propagate a false idea of the community?
I like the community here, there's no need to change it, I haven't done anything that I feel is creating that false idea that you are getting. I don't see where you are getting that notion.
I don't go around asking people to participate, I ask for volunteers, and I ask for honest opinions. Good to honest stuff.
I don't see why you have this compelling need to troll every good thread that 'seems' to go against your 'beliefs'.

To summarize, please go troll somewhere else. I've stated on the first post on this thread that I don't appreciate trolling in here, but I've had to end up trolling a reply from a person that seems to be getting the wrong idea.

Also to volunteers, I'm going to put everyone on a list as I won't be able to interview people for the next two days (busy preparing for my last exam). Interviews will continue after the 14th Smile

Last edited by Renaisance on Sat Sep 11, 2010 10:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
MrBlonde
Simple

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great insight on the peeps that help make the game what it is.
risu
Advanced

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you don't like who he has interviewed... why don't you volunteer?

Otherwise, fun stuff, ren.
jc2902
Advanced

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bidigam wrote:

If you think the choice of people is bias, why dont you be interveiwed?
Marine
Intermediate

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

risu wrote:

I'd actually love to see an interview of Bidigam.
Nninty
Advanced

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marine wrote:
risu wrote:

I'd actually love to see an interview of Bidigam.

6 forum pages of ranting later... XD

In game, they call me Jekyll
Dfenceking2
Elite

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bidigam wrote:

If your project was to propagate a false idea of the community then you are doing well.

what are we all assholes are something when we are not talking to in a interview... that we know that is going to go up on the forum..

i really don't don't get you post, next time just post "screw you all!!!" in the post and put at the end "that is all i want to say"

any way i am offended...

DFK

D-Fence it the best Offense!!!
1ron
Advanced

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

More, I require MORE! *foams at mouth*

http://wiki.mobrulestudios.com/index.php?title=Ask_1ron
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Drop Shock Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: