FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Faction Overview Page

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Slip
Simple

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 9:26 pm    Post subject: Faction Overview Page Reply with quote

I'm looking for a smaller more active faction. Its a natural evolution to want to exit the noobie faction. There are a whole bunch of people in it and most might not be active. So if you are working hard to level your troops and take relics your efforts are hindered by a drain on command points.

So I see a list of people online, but would need to refer to a faction list. Information such as number of players and other statistics could be displayed for a good overall picture of who is the most powerful or populous. The forum would also need a section for discussing faction stuff such as posts from people looking for a faction.
Crappywarrior
Simple

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually like the inconspicuous nature of factions at the moment. I like that you don't really know how powerful a faction is until you physically meet its members on the battlefield.

I also agree there needs to be other ways to get your faction's name out there when you want to. I'd say either a faction recruitment forum, and/or a way in-game for faction members with the appropriate rank/powers to put up a "we're hiring" sign, and allow people to see some basic information about the faction: IE, a brief synopsis of the faction (by its leader/s), and a list of the members (without their levels like you normally see, but possibly their rank). Maybe some other very rudimentary info.
Dakravel
Simple

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At the very least, there should be a way to see a list of all the factions, their leaders, and how many are in each faction. This gives people a way to find out which factions they might want to join and who to contact.

A faction forum might help with recruiting and such, though I guess we could use General Discussion for that as well.
lowman
Simple

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also if players inside the faction could have more info about the faction and maybe the other members as well. If a member toggles consent I'd like to be able to see his current army. If I'm a faction leader it lets me know which members have solid armies and which ones need help. If I'm a fellow member and I have a friend deployed on a relic planet I can see what he is running and know how much power I need to bring down to help.

Also the ability for all members to see the faction's finances and base setup even though they might not be able to change them.

Could you consider making the running logs more extenisve: showing contributions and sales. This would tie in with the finanes page, maybe having its own log of donations, requests, resource sales, and resource donations.

Great game so far Frizz. You seem truely dedicated and I'm sure everyone appreciates the constant improvements. It's gotta be hard being only one person.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Drop Shock Forum Index -> Suggestions All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: