FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

TinyWarz: Future Features
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Frizz
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:26 pm    Post subject: TinyWarz: Future Features Reply with quote

Please post your questions, feedback, or comments here.

_f

Last edited by Frizz on Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
LolTanker
Advanced

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nevermind, didn't see the update. On topic now.

I *Sort of* support Arena planets, they seem like they could be a lot of fun but how many of them would there be, and wouldn't they just be bought out by the richer players?

I dislike the construction game, thing is, construction is efficient enough as it is, and more bonuses would just lower the value of rare variant units.

As for the Tokens, I support a way for you to make more money, but I don't support another "rare mod", enough time of the game is spent salvaging bandit units and grinding, we really don't need to add another incentive which will just bring down tear and BE price.

Last edited by LolTanker on Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Humungus
Intermediate

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any chance of Fixing aldus like it used to be? Or making an Aldus 2 with no shak, and lower ce like it was before? Esika is rarely used, mabey change esika to aldus 2 if there must be an aldus with shak and uber high ce on it?

I just hope the "arena" planet isn't a catch all for planets that should be a regular fixture like a pvp planet, like Aldus USED to be.

For example "Aldus is for uber purple bandits, and super high ce activated units, if you want to have a real lower ce PVP planet....spend some tb and buy an arena planet!!!" I hope that is not what this is getting at with your arena planet idea.

Some planets need to be a fixture of the game like a real pvp planet like aldus used to be.

Last edited by Humungus on Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:59 pm; edited 2 times in total
asaace
Intermediate

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:38 pm    Post subject: cool Reply with quote

i really like the new ideas your coming up with Very Happy could you explain the Tokens and mini-game in more detail though?

Im not a big fan of the Arena planets though it seems cool but... just feels like only players who pay will be able to buy or use em

Last edited by asaace on Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
EVILG4
Intermediate

Location: some where in your army, watching you waiting to kill

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With possibly adding Vars or mods to units, wold there be a Cap for Vars? Would we See 10 slot ADSREMX SSM's running about? or would it follow the 6 mod 3 variable max?
Advanced

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The thing I like about Arena planets is they have been suggested multiple times so it shows that Frizz at least saw that, but the other suggestions, I really don't know about them.

No one has been saying that construction was boring or inefficient.
asaace
Intermediate

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe he just feels like giving players a boost with construction

which is kinda unnecessary but players that aren't high leveled could use it

Last edited by asaace on Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
ChaosKiNg3
Advanced

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arena sounds like it could freshen stuff up. Almost sounds like serious pvp on demand Razz

Im with LT, giving builders more bonuses would not be the best of ideas. Atm even 3s units are very usable and indeed folks do not mind losing them making them fun to use.

I would also love to see your take on some of the threads that have been staying near the top in suggestions. Something as simple as "No" to something like "Good idea, I will look into it"

>Chaos
LolTanker
Advanced

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes Arena could accommodate some good field fighting, but I want to stress that I do not like it when you add game content that no one has been asking for.

As for the tokens, you can find a better way to make money that won't require crashing the markets, can't you frizz?
Humungus
Intermediate

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about other things to spend faction points on? You do realise that two factions have everything, and that several factions are closing in on this as well. If all there is left to spend on is shared strux then you will soon lose out on a lot of strux set purchases. What is the point in buying strux when your fac is steady gathering them for the whole faction due to no other choice? Also some of the higher end faction levels kind of suck due to the high fac point cost vrs return on investment, so other facs may reach this shared strux point before maxing out to 12/12/12.

Also what about added high level player level point purchases? Any thought about adding more content to clones that are your own? Like allowing them to issue cmds from there location, making them a mini-cmdr with mabey half range on cmds? Or something to make them a bit better? Or even better yet more options to spend level points on?
RedLaw
Advanced

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can see some good things coming out of this I do have a lot of thoughts on some of this though (well and things to ask).

Arena Planets
Would these have a chance to be set up with FPs for the faction of the winner or will such rewards/bets only be for each player?

How long will the planet last? When it is set up will that be part of the set up?

Construction Mini-game
First I do say grats to the first mini game idea. Mini games do add a bit of fun. Even thought that an alien invaders TW style would be a fun one lol. But anyway. Mini games are a good way to bring people in if done right. Either adding a new aspect to the game or well adding to something here already. Helping the game grow is never a bad thing.

The game seems like a good idea. Though 4 slots max is good. Though this could be a way for lets say command units to get above 4 if the game is played right. Plus adding some some vars that could only be gotten from the game (meaning they are just a lot more rare as you need to win them). A lot can be done, but a lot will need to be thought about.

As I said before a lot can be done and adding something for people to latch onto might help TWs just grow.

Tokens
I like it, if there would be a mod it would need to be twice as rare as a BE and even then come in a few different types. Though the mods part would need to be thought out. People salvage more you add to it more the prices of mods change. Though I can see units/mods that can be gotten only from using tokens.

Maby even chests of a small selection of mods, units, command, ore, or credits could be added. (What would come out would be random and in varing amounts.) The chance to get something good to something bad might help bring people in (oddly it does work truly if special stuff that can only be gotten out of the chests).

I might have more to add later but I would need to think on it.
Advanced

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the construction mini game for chosing the varient would you be able to choose X for the ones it is available? If so I don't support that part instead maybe make it possible to double the chance of getting X var

Ummm, don't try to break the BM.

_f

I ♥ bugs I find

-Ivell
Humungus
Intermediate

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is the 4 year mark going to look like?
Humungus
Intermediate

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can a token be used to add a mod slot to a bom. Or add a varient to a bom, or a dreadnaught?
RedLaw
Advanced

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While not related with the new ideas you are thinking on. I am going just ask you something that is well out there.

Have you ever thought of a player strux set that they can buy the struxx with Level Points (and buy the single strux more then once). This would add more to what people could spend and will be easier to expand the list.

Still thinking on this some of it can have a lot of fun for the players, while helping you get the stuff needed to improve the game.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Drop Shock Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8

Jump to: