FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Want to Earn some TinyBucks?
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Drop Shock Forum Index -> Terrabucks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
whtNnerdy
Advanced


Joined: 07 Jan 2007
Posts: 1703

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BRave- just playing around with some of your wording. see how you like it (and i also corrected some of your grammar errors Very Happy)



Oversight can determine how many mod slots a unit will have. Bigger oversight gives a higher chance for more slots, but increases the command points needed for the build cost. Mods can be used in mod slots to add weapons, armor, shields and/or other abilities. A unit can have a maximum of 4 slots.


Shields: Take damage before the armor and regenerates at specific rates. For example: [+4/T]= 4 shields regenerate per turn.

Armor: Takes damage after shields and doesn't regenerate. When the armor reaches 0, the vehicle is destroyed.

Controlled Speed: The longest distance that a vehicle can move per turn without getting a large to hit penalty.

Max Speed: The longest distance a vehicle can move per turn. Usually has a high to hit penalty.

Combat Efficiency: This determines how much command it will cost to deploy the unit and your entire army. Mods and crews may raise it.

Amount of ammo for ballistic and missile weapons.

Ballistic Weapons: Can shoot up to its listed range. They use ammo and can fire every turn.

Energy Weapons: Can shoot up to twice its listed range. They get an accuracy bonus when shot at a distance smaller than the weapon range, and an accuracy penalty when shooting over their listed range. Since they use energy they need to time to recharge.

Missile Weapons: Can shoot up to twice its listed range. They get an accuracy penalty when shot at a distance smaller than the weapon range, and an accuracy bonus when shot over their listed range.

Amount of ore and command points that need to be spent to build one vehicle.

Amount of unit construx. You need at least one construx of the unit that you want to build. Every construx up to 10 lowers the build cost (ore and command) by 5% from the base price. Every vehicle construx over 10, 20, and 30 provides a 4% chance of getting 1, 2, or 3 variants. The chance for variants caps at 80%. To get the 80% chance for all three variants, you need at least 50 construx.
_________________
Cheat away my minions cheat away



Last edited by whtNnerdy on Sun Feb 17, 2008 1:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
wannabe121
Advanced


Joined: 29 Jun 2006
Posts: 1502
Location: Estados Unidos, Indiana

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess i'll give a shot at your grammer (or grammah, or however you want to say it), and I could use the 20tbs anyways Razz

[b]EDIT: Thanks to the person who oh so kindly helped fix up some holes in teh grammer (or grammah, or... oh, forget it)

Oversight helps boost your chance of getting a mod slot on whatever unit you are building. Oversight can go up to 100 out of 0 at increments of 10. A higher oversight gives you a higher chance of mod slots, but it will also increase the amount of command needed. The Oversight option is removed on building and mod construction.

Shields are your first buffer against enemy attacks. Shields are ALWAYS damaged first, and are regenerated slowly over time. How fast a unit regenerates it's shield is determined by how high the number in the equation [+#/T] The higher the number is, the more shield that unit regenerates per turn. A unit's shields can be modified by it's mods.

Armor is your last line of defense against enemy attacks. It does not regenerate unless a mod is added that regenerates armor. A unit is destroyed if a unit's armor reaches 0. Once a unit is destroyed, it can no longer set a waypoint, fire at an enemy unit, be issued a command, or receive damage. Also, the crew inside of a unit has a chance of dieing once the unit is destroyed.

Max speed is how far a unit can move overall. A unit moving at it's max speed normally has a faster speed at the cost of a penalty to the chance a shot will hit it's target if the unit is firing. A unit is automatically set to it's max speed when it is deployed, and can be changed to controlled speed via the "Status" tab in the Orders list. This number can be modified by mods.

(Instead of picking all of the weapons in the Vehicle Weapons section, you could pick one (The example I'm using for this is the ballistic weapon) weapon and point out each factor individually)
I.E.

Ballistic Image - This icon shows which type of a weapon this is. This current weapon is a Ballistic weapon. Ballistic weapons can fire up to their listed range. The other weapons types, Energy and Missile, each have their own ups and downs. Energy weapons receive a bonus to-hit when firing at or below their listed range. However, they receive a large penalty to-hit when firing up to twice their listed range. Missiles are the opposite: They receive a bonus to-hit when they fire up to twice their listed range, but receive a penalty when firing at or under their listed range. All weapons and their values can be modified though mods.

Range - This shows how far a weapon can fire. Certain weapon types, like energy and missiles, can fire over this range, up to two times the listed range!

Damage - This number shows how much damage a weapon does. This number is taken away from the opponent's shields first if they have any, and if they do not, it is taken away from their armor.

Prereq - Certain items require other items to be built. For each item that is built, one of each of the prerequisites are used up. If you don't have one or more of the prerequisites, the item you need will be surrounded in a red box.

Ore/Command - Each unit requires a certain amount of ore and command to build. Command is gotten daily, and ore can be mined or bought off the in-game market. If you do not have something you need, a red X will appear next to the item you don't have.


Eh, dunno if it'll help any, took about 30 mins to type out off the top of my head(And about 5 minutes for it to get corrected).
_________________
Dogg1000 wrote:
olla wrote:
... Much better than nukes, that's too North Korean IMHO.
If these nukes are north korean, implement them anyway. They wont get 3 squares before tripping on a rock and turning into salvage.


Last edited by wannabe121 on Sat Feb 16, 2008 10:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Pauan
Intermediate


Joined: 07 Jan 2008
Posts: 418

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wannabe121 wrote:

Oversight helps boost your chance of getting a mod slot on whatever unit you are building. Oversight can go up to 100 out of 0 at increments of 10. A higher oversight gives you a higher chance of mod slots, but it will also increase the amount of command needed. The Oversight option is removed on building and mod construction.

Shields are your first buffer against enemy attacks. Shields are ALWAYS damaged first, and are regenerated slowly over time. How fast a unit regenerates it's shield is determined by how high the number in the equation [+#/T] The higher the number is, the more shield that unit regenerates per turn. A unit's shields can be modified by it's mods.

Armor is your last line of defense against enemy attacks. It does not regenerate unless a mod is added that regenerates armor. A unit is destroyed if a unit's armor reaches 0. Once a unit is destroyed, it can no longer set a waypoint, fire at an enemy unit, be issued a command, or receive damage. Also, the crew inside of a unit has a chance of dieing once the unit is destroyed.

Max speed is how far a unit can move overall. A unit moving at it's max speed normally has a faster speed at the cost of a penalty to the chance a shot will hit it's target if the unit is firing. A unit is automatically set to it's max speed when it is deployed, and can be changed to controlled speed via the "Status" tab in the Orders list. This number can be modified by mods.

(Instead of picking all of the weapons in the Vehicle Weapons section, you could pick one (The example I'm using for this is the ballistic weapon) weapon and point out each factor individually)
I.E.

Ballistic Image - This icon shows which type of a weapon this is. This current weapon is a Ballistic weapon. Ballistic weapons can fire up to their listed range. The other weapons types, Energy and Missile, each have their own ups and downs. Energy weapons receive a bonus to-hit when firing at or below their listed range. However, they receive a large penalty to-hit when firing up to twice their listed range. Missiles are the opposite: They receive a bonus to-hit when they fire up to twice their listed range, but receive a penalty when firing at or under their listed range. All weapons and their values can be modified though mods.

Range - This shows how far a weapon can fire. Certain weapon types, like energy and missiles, can fire over this range, up to two times the listed range!

Damage - This number shows how much damage a weapon does. This number is taken away from the opponent's shields first if they have any, and if they do not, it is taken away from their armor.

Prereq - Certain items require other items to be built. For each item that is built, one of each of the prerequisites are used up. If you don't have one or more of the prerequisites, the item you need will be surrounded in a red box.

Ore/Command - Each unit requires a certain amount of ore and command to build. Command is gotten daily, and ore can be mined or bought off the in-game market. If you do not have something you need, a red X will appear next to the item you don't have.


Fixed spelling.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
wannabe121
Advanced


Joined: 29 Jun 2006
Posts: 1502
Location: Estados Unidos, Indiana

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks SO much for that, i'll put those fixes in there...

(If Frizz asks about this, i'll tell him to send the TBs to your acc, so we can split the 20tb for grammer evenly, kk?)
_________________
Dogg1000 wrote:
olla wrote:
... Much better than nukes, that's too North Korean IMHO.
If these nukes are north korean, implement them anyway. They wont get 3 squares before tripping on a rock and turning into salvage.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Pauan
Intermediate


Joined: 07 Jan 2008
Posts: 418

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wannabe121 wrote:
Thanks SO much for that, i'll put those fixes in there...

(If Frizz asks about this, i'll tell him to send the TBs to your acc, so we can split the 20tb for grammer evenly, kk?)

No need. I already got 200 TB for this contest. Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
Pauan
Intermediate


Joined: 07 Jan 2008
Posts: 418

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whtNnerdy wrote:
Amount of unit construx. You need at least one construx of the unit that you want to build. Every construx up to 10 lowers the build cost (ore and command) by 5% from the base price. Every vehicle construx over 10, 20, and 30 provides a 4% chance of getting 1, 2, or 3 variants. The chance for variants caps at 80%. To get the 80% chance for all three variants, you need at least 50 construx.

Only one error (unt became unit).
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
Frizz
Site Admin


Joined: 10 Jun 2005
Posts: 3814

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wannabe -

Go ahead and finish your image, it may be a good follow-up in the guide.

_f
_________________

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
wannabe121
Advanced


Joined: 29 Jun 2006
Posts: 1502
Location: Estados Unidos, Indiana

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't do images, i'm no good at them. I was merely offering BRave an alternative way of typing his text. He/She (it's too hard to tell over the internet) can choose whether or not to add it in. However, i'd be more than happy to join up with another player and help with the text.
_________________
Dogg1000 wrote:
olla wrote:
... Much better than nukes, that's too North Korean IMHO.
If these nukes are north korean, implement them anyway. They wont get 3 squares before tripping on a rock and turning into salvage.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
whtNnerdy
Advanced


Joined: 07 Jan 2007
Posts: 1703

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pauan wrote:
whtNnerdy wrote:
Amount of unit construx. You need at least one construx of the unit that you want to build. Every construx up to 10 lowers the build cost (ore and command) by 5% from the base price. Every vehicle construx over 10, 20, and 30 provides a 4% chance of getting 1, 2, or 3 variants. The chance for variants caps at 80%. To get the 80% chance for all three variants, you need at least 50 construx.

Only one error (unt became unit).


Yeah sorry was running on 4 hrs of sleep or less.
_________________
Cheat away my minions cheat away

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bRave
Intermediate


Joined: 02 Aug 2007
Posts: 153

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks all for the help I will put corrections today or tomorrow, I was away last few days...to much things to do...Sad
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Gear
Advanced


Joined: 03 Dec 2007
Posts: 960

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If anyone wants some base plates to work on i got all the Un-deployed screen shots.



_G
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
xyzc2
Intermediate


Joined: 08 Jul 2007
Posts: 427

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Frizz is looking for propar grammar, the 4 in "4 chat windows" should be four, and the 3 in "3 different chat groups" should be three... and also, it should say "These are THE FOUR chat channelS, (no apostrophy)(PERIOD). You can change the chat channel by clicking on the image next to the chat box.

Now, fo the thing next to it.
This is the main chat area. There are three different chat groups, ALL, Faction, and Trade. (repeat of previously said, i believe is not necessary, dunno about frizz).
The chat window refreshes everyone 90 seconds? Okay, i don't know about this, but I believe it should either be :

The chat window refreshes every 90 seconds.

-or-

The chat window refreshes everyone every 90 seconds. (though I'm not so sure 'bout that.. never heard of it..)

---
If you wish to check for next text, click the chat button.... hmm

If you wish to chat, type your message into the chat box and then hit the chat button, or simply press ENTER.
---

Click on a player's name to mute or send them items.... um...

If you wish to mute a player, or send them an email, whisper, units &or mods, command, credits, ore, or tinybucks, or check the players profile, you can click on the players name to do so.
---
Account settings is where you can change your passowrd, adjust in-game settings, or purchase PAID Days or Construx Sets through PayPal...

If you wish to toggle with in-game settings, use image-pack (must be already downloaded to your computer, and the correct address must be provided), edit/change your password, toggle your hotkeys, check the players you referred/find out your referral link, unmute a player, or purchase Construx Sets or Paid Days through a credit card, PayPal, or MoneyBookers, simply click on the Account Settings button right below the chat box.
---

Theres a few more needed to be edited, but I currently g2g. Just a few things, Frizz does not actually NEED this unless it shows updated versions of RECENT KILLS. Also, give an example with the name, faction flag, top 5 factions, users online (with and without deployed icon), AND, a LVL 3 cannot HAVE Elite gunnery AND piloting, and 1.4k tbs, along with 5.7k cmd, unless this player is a multi, hacker, or has ALOT of friends that are either rich, generous, or dumb.
_________________
"Friendship is like peeing on yourself. Everybody sees it, but only you get the warm feeling it brings". -Wht

"Now I see you choosin' the hard way." - Booty Warrior
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
pyke23
Simple


Joined: 30 Mar 2008
Posts: 5

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 7:31 am    Post subject: Hey Reply with quote

Hey Frizz

What else needs to be done? i think i can do a decent job with anything Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BDragon
Intermediate


Joined: 19 Jul 2006
Posts: 275

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has this ended, or is there still more Frizz needs done?
_________________
Draco Dormiens Nunquam Titillandus
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
hellhawk911
Simple


Joined: 05 Sep 2008
Posts: 61

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i may have just not read it but in the chat box u wrote blakc instead of black.

HellHawk
_________________

Yarly.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Drop Shock Forum Index -> Terrabucks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group