FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Training Planets

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Crappywarrior
Simple

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 12:56 pm    Post subject: Training Planets Reply with quote

Training planets would have a long horizon time like relic planets. They would have no mines, and dead units would not create salvageable hulks (alternatively they would exist there but they would not give you anything you could take with you). Deploying to training planets would not cost much, if any, CMD. They would have a max player amount and possibly only allow low levels.

No experience, items, vehicles, ore, or anything else could be gained from doing anything on these planets. They would instead exist solely for players to duke it out with other players to learn how combat works, test new armies, or just see if they can beat somebody/s. Also nothing would be lost, no crews or mechas, from using the training planet. No gain or loss of any kind except the gain of knowledge for yourself.

Finally, training planets might be free for all (FFA), or team based. There might be a way to change this. Such as the first player to land on the planet could decide to make it FFA, or teams. Teams could be faction based or simply cycled to whichever side has the least amount of people.
Flostin
Harbinger of Death

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 8:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

I tend to agree with this fully, this idea has been on my mind for some time and it would be very helpful.

The main idea though I'd like to point out would be an advantage for cmd constraints. People use up all their cmd and are done for the day, in many cases 100 cmd is enough for 1 drop, plus all the cmd it costs to salvage/mine. So having a "fun" planet for practice and that costs no cmd would give players who want to play longer the ability to. For now it's no big deal, but in the future, and especially if the game becomes pay-to-play, people aren't going to pay-to-play 1 round a day, lol. Players enjoy the option to play as long as they wish, and this is a good temporary solution.
Crappywarrior
Simple

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exactly, that's precisely why I want this in. As somebody who doesn't buy alot of CMD on the market, I tend to spend about 2-3 hrs actually doing anything in-game. That's including time on planets (I get about 2-3 drops with the 100 CMD plus whatever I can buy on market) and whatever time after distributing level up pts, building new items, and so on. I might spend extra time to chat or consider my next move/s, but that might only tack on an extra couple of hours at most.

But if this idea went in I'd probably play a hell of alot more often just to test out mechas, character builds, and so forth.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Drop Shock Forum Index -> Suggestions All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: