FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Merging Factions - Results
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Drop Shock Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Frizz
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 10:57 pm    Post subject: Merging Factions - Results Reply with quote

Hi All -

First off an apology, I've been on vacation for the last week and the hotel I was at promised Internet access ... apparently, that doesn't mean they'll have *working* Internet access (should have read the fine print). Anyways, there's been a LOT of time to consider the faction-merger issue so let's jump into it.

When I had a chance to think this over I realized I made a huge mistake; this issue has roots deep in the faction struggle that drives TinyWarz and I managed to wander (quite blindly) right into the middle of it. The whole issue comes down to two sides:

Side 1 - The merger helps PGF, and you support PGF, so you support the merger.
Side 2 - The merger helps PGF, and you don't support PGF, so you don't support the merger.

Now I'm in a pickle: If I let the merge go through, I support PGF and work against other factions that don't ... if I reverse direction and don't allow it, I've effectively supported the sides that rallied against PGF.

I've always worked *very* hard to be fair and unbiased in TinyWarz, but there's simply no way to make everyone happy here.

So, I'm going to make everyone un-happy.

The merger will go through, however, PGF Academy will pay HALF their faction points to be assimilated (a more descriptive word for the feature) by PGF. Any future faction mergers (assimilations) will be allowed, the faction that is assimilated will turn over half their faction points, the rest go to the assimilating faction.

This is the only way (as I see it) to be impartial, here's what each side gets:

Side 1 (Pro PGF) -
PRO: Gets the merger
CON: Pay a large fee (thousands of faction points lost) for the merge

Side 2 (Anti PGF) -
CON: The merger went through
PRO: Paid a large fee in faction points for the merge

I'll leave this thread open for comments,
_f
B3bomber
Advanced

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that actually is reasonable. i stayed out of the debate (no vote). i bet the flames come soon so ill leave it at that. question, what about the faction's storage items/strux?
DrMordecai
Simple

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a couple questions for ya, Frizz. (If any of these have been answered in some previous thread I apologize)

1) Will other factions be allowed to merge with OTHER-other factions?

2) What happens to storage if said factions are merged? (forget that question, B3 is too damned fast)

iacedroMrDrMordecai

PzJ
Frizz
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

- Construx and Storage items need to be moved by the faction members (when a faction is assimilated, it becomes completely un-usable).

- Faction assimilation is now a game feature. If two players who lead factions want to merge (assimilate, etc.), please email me in-game.

_f
LordRex
Advanced

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was actually more concerned with bigger factions merging with smaller factions n kicking out all the members of that smaller faction...but either way I guess... Wink
yaroslavvb
Intermediate

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frizz -- the reason PU and PGF merged is because we were offered very good FP merge conditions. The letter we received on Feb 23rd actually initiated the merge.

I expect former PU members to be rightfully pissed off about the change in terms because it took place *after* PU has been dismantled. There was a certain expectation that you would follow through on the agreement when we started dismantling PU.

Why should public opinion matter after an agreement was made?
Frizz
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yar -

I think my post covers this, it's a public issue because transferring faction points effects game mechanics (ie. can be used to give one side an advantage).

_f
yaroslavvb
Intermediate

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think a fair thing to do would be to reset the state of PU/PGF to what they were before the merge started (March 1st), and give us a chance to debate the terms and decide if they are worth it. Is that technically feasible? Current situation is unfair to PU because they are stuck with the new terms, whereas other factions have a choice whether to merge or not
Obiwanz
Simple

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

frizz.....why did u just arbitrarily do the merger without confirming that was our intention after allowing us to find out what the conditions are for that said merger.

i too would like to see PU back to its original state and it put to our faction members as to whether we want to STILL do the merger with what you arbitrarily decided was fair to everyone.

please fix this and allow us to make a choice.

Obi
xebo
Intermediate

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i agree, allow them to decide 1st so they can think it over, 8k fps lost is not a joke.and i think they didnt imagine the penalty would be that great. i was thinking a 25% penalty on the merger, or at most 30, but 50% thats too much.maybe putting the balance somewhere else like faction members capacity would be nice.so even if they got like 100k fps, if they can only hoard 20 peeps, thats still fine.
DJ
Intermediate

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frizz,

I, too, would like the chance to discuss your new decision over within PGF. Can we at least get that opportunity?

DJ
Walterohdim
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow Those terms are harsh. I think if they stand a lot less factions are going to be merging anytime soon then I thought.

There should defenetly be some time for pgf to rediscuss these terms and decide if these are terms we can live with or not.

Etien
Intermediate

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 7:21 am    Post subject: ... Reply with quote

Frizz,making everyone unhappy its not a good decision!well if u had on mind to spend 8k fp for merging two factions you should let us time to discuss!its not easy to loose 8k fp!and votes shouldnt be that resoanable to condict you on the merge with big payment! u should let an opportunity!Sad
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Akom
Simple

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Making the cost of the merger 50% of the joining faction's FP is up to you.

Forcing a loss of 750% more FP than PU agreed to pay is unfair. Thats tantamount to saying you'll charge us $3 a month to be a paid player, then having a $22 charge show up on our credit card because you decided to "change the terms" before the charge went through.

Under 1000 CE >=)
whtNnerdy
Advanced

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Akom but it is totally legal. Its part of the contract. I think this a fair thing because HE was the one who got in the middle of politics in the first place.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Drop Shock Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: