FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Faction Merger Feature Vote
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Drop Shock Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Frizz
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 9:21 pm    Post subject: Faction Merger Feature Vote Reply with quote

Hi All -

Here's how this will work, please create ONE post with you vote, either
For or Against (put your choice first in your post). State your reason after your vote. Keep in-mind this is not a simple majority vote - your reason is just as important as your vote, so be clear and succinct.

The previous discussion raised these points -

Pros:

- Allows consolidation of current fractured faction situation
- Allows factions to merge strategically

Cons:

- May lead to only a few factions in-game
- Allows top factions to absorb smaller factions for their factions points (strong get stronger)
- Doesn't promote creation of new factions

Please consider them when voting,
_f
xebo
Intermediate

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pros
-strong factions will get even stronger (coz im in one Very Happy)
-rank 11 and 12 will be achieved sooner than expected
-at last faction dies and the stock logo pool will be large again Very Happy

cons
-strong factions will get even stronger (for those who are not in one Razz )
-the possibility of an all faction all member merge retulsting to a 50++ player faction with at least 1 gat each will start abusing the planets dropping 50 gats everytime)
-lower factions will even be left farther behind,make them even harder to get fps
-birth of different types of factions i.e merchant.mercenaries,engineers, etc wont be discouraged and they will only be choosing bet affliction OR pgf.

i personally dont refuse faction mergers, ir would benefit our faction more than any others, tho im not the only player here heh,and i hate to see people quitting on the game due to them being pwned time and again
Bolshack
Advanced

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

as it has been said before -even if factions dont merge with many faction points now they will still get rank 12 sooner or later

as xebo said - faction will grow , become strongest , players get bored, leave the game or not so interested in fp and faction goes down, its just a matter of time

my vote goes to for , - tough it should be a limit of players for large factions - like 20-30
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I vote YES to the current proposed merger of PGF and PU but undecided as regards allowing every faction merger.

I think that this is a diiferent situation to a carte blanche ability to merge factions.

Where it is clear that factions are distinct and accepted off-shoots of another faction (eg PGF / PGFA / PU / PGFAux, or Deli / POD, or RSA / ERSA) then there shouldn't be any issue of their ability to merge - even without penalty.

But I am less convinced that any and every faction should be allowed to merge regardless.

CBX
edchaos
Simple

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My vote goes FOR the merge.

My reasons are:

FREEDOM
This will give people the idea they are free to do whatever they decided, as real life if two groups decide to merge into one.

DYNAMICITY
The game will have a quicker dynamic style as people are able to join forces.

FRIENDSHIP
As factions unite people will get united too.

My opinion to help eliminate the CONS:

-Give the merge a COST. It may be TBs, FPs, USDs or whatever. But put a cost for people to see that they can do it, but it has a price. This will make it difficult to consume a lot of smaller factions.

-Give ADVANTAGES for Small Factions, this will make them think twice before merging and incentivate the creation of new ones.

[]'s all.
TOOL
Intermediate

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FOR

PROS
This will give some sml factions a fighting chance.
And hopefully balance the game a little more..
I think right now most would say the game needs something...
I would love to see top 5 be not related to each other..

CONS
I think u need a tax for mergers say 25% of fp's..
that way the price will go up but be fair to all..
I can see this getting out of hand..

TOOL
Mallen

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 5:02 am    Post subject: For Reply with quote

I'm FOR mergers happening.

And i would trust Frizz to implement it in such a way, that didn't mean it was only beneficial for a select few factions. However that is an issue that has been discussed elsewhere.

Reasoning:

It allows smaller factions that find themselves to have similar objectives to band together.

Puts old, possibly dead, factions to some use.

I feel that it would still be possible to see smaller, unique factions in the game, where there is the desire to keep one going. Especially with the larger player base the game has seen.

Players are given the option to fragment their faction, knowing that they can re-merge at a later date if it doesn't work out, or the situation changes.

"Even now, now, very now, an old black ram is topping your white ewe" -- Othello, Act 1, Scene 1
Walterohdim
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FOR

Right now there are are a lot of 4000 or so faction point factions. Some of these are largly inactive. This will allow for merging and rebirth of many of these. Also as we have seen new factions can still get faction points. Look at BDragon and TPS. One must remember that with each merger the faction will benifit less, as the number of faction points to go higher increases. Also mergers will not be willy nilly.

I was leader over at Phoenix Rising,(very briefly), and of Course Mentioned the M Word as I couldn't lead 2 Factions at once. The membership imediatly rebelled. I found myself giving the leadership back to Tool within 2 hours of total time on line. So as you can see mergers are going to be harder to negotiate. You can't have 2 leaders 2 names 2 Flags 2 Philosophies 2 identities. Mergers will take time to negotiate.

Also new factions will always be forming. Sometimes a player needs an out, Look at Netermest, Ancient Gods whatever you call it. Would it not have been a lot easier if Excel could have brought the faction back into the fold. Instead it has become a farce. Also players at some point in their career all want to lead factions, especially some players. Smile Factions will get created. Merging though will allow for them to be consolidated at a later date. Merging will add more options more texture to the game. That is why I am for it.

Battalia
Elite

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FOR

Pro's: smaller factions can actually merge to beacome a real player and make the deadlock between aff and pgf 3 way

People also don't seem to realize the prize of good factions. GoL sold for what? 2 THOUSAND tb's? thats a large price to pay for fp's and a flag to assimilate... Not to mention some of your RL cash going to Frizz to fund the purchase...
soul_01
Intermediate

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I vote For.

It will make more competition and any thing one faction does to get a upper hand another one can do the same.

To survive is victory. To lose is to become extinct.
Etien
Intermediate

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 6:43 am    Post subject: ... Reply with quote

I vote for the merge.
Everyone should be free to have his rights to his factions!This will change the competition to everyone,and maybe people can get more organized with lowing the number of factions!The unity makes the power,power makes competition,competition makes a better game! Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Morak
Simple

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FOR

I read the merger discussion thread. And my personal feeling is that the benefits to smaller factions will surpass the benefits to larger ones.

Although I would expect Frizz to keep an eye on mergers to make sure that things don't get out of hand.
Warparty
Intermediate

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I vote FOR the merge

Hard not to list reasons already up. This merge feature will allow faction in trouble or needing help another way out of the hole there in. The factions that are dieing of members will have somewhere to go and wont have to keep 1 member to keep there faction from roting away. Also some smaller factions could actually merge and begin moving there way into the upper ranks of the game.

But also as morak stated i would hope frizz wouldnt allow like every faction in the game to merge destroying the game...
It seeks to dominate absolutely.
DrMoroe
Simple

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 7:48 am    Post subject: Against Reply with quote

AGAINST

IMO, A multitude of small factions is more exciting and rewarding gameplay wise than a collection(or in the worst case, pair) of huge factions. I believe that offering a faction merger ability will cause smaller factions to lose their independent status, and thus remove some of the diversity of playing styles that TW has to offer.

Plus someone has to vote against =P
Dark Leth
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 7:48 am    Post subject: For Reply with quote

I am for merging, with a small FP penalty. Mergers ensure that disenfranchisement of those who worked hard for those FP does not occur, but also allows for the banding of members against an oppressive faction. This is no different than the faux mergers before FP, and nothing will change as a result.

I look forward to the smaller factions being able to make a stand once again.

Alex
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Drop Shock Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: