FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Faction Ads?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Frizz
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 11:30 am    Post subject: Faction Ads? Reply with quote

Proposed -

Give factions the ability to buy "ads" on the main page. These will contain the faction's name, flag and a small bit of text (1-2 sentences) that the faction leader enters, there will also be a link that players can click to send the faction a message that they're interested in joining ... ads would cost a certain amount of Faction Points per day (pre-purchased). Ads would appear below the player list.

Thoughts?
_f
denizenx
Intermediate

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well i think its not a bad idea, but i have this sneaking suspicion its mostly going to end up becoming billboards where you can post stuff like "flostin sucks" or to be fair on flostin he might post "i'm the only one that can afford one of these" Smile
- et
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Frizz
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The ads could only contain information about joining the faction ... ads that attacked other factions would be pulled and the faction points would not be refunded.

_f
cbx
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure how much this adds value to what can already be in the Factions section of this forum.

CBX
denizenx
Intermediate

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah i agree cbx. while it is a good idea in principle, there aren't really all that many factions recruiting members. maybe in a few months if the tinywarz community has grown to warrant advertising of this sort
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Frizz
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmmm ...

I'd argue that a lot of people don't check the forum ... atleast not the Faction area until they've been playing a while. I do see quite a few chats from new players asking about how to join a faction ... I'll keep thinking about it Very Happy

_f
Centorbot
Advanced

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well i agree with Frizz alot of new players do ask about factions and how do i join ect.

But it really depends on the cost as i don't think people would pay much, well i know i wouldn't.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
cbx
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why not get the best of both worlds - just have a link on the main page that takes somemone to the relevant faction posting on the forum?

Simple, cheap and effective.

CBX
Flostin
Harbinger of Death

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 2:39 am    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

Silly:) I know I would never waste faction points on something like that. If I was like one of the RSA factions this idea would be great, since they rely on quantity over quality and try to snazz in as many noobs as possible to get their loyalties in the war against Flostin:)

Honestly though, I wouldn't want people to join Affliction because they saw a billboard or random pop-up or something....If they have logged on x times and not seen Affliction at the very top of Top Factions list, and need to see a billboard to know who we are....I wouldn't consider them "Affliction" material.

This idea seems like a desperate attempt to find a quick temporary use for faction points. I am just not seeing the application here at all:)

You might be better off limiting things.....I'll write a suggestion note about this in suggestions.
Vanoi
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pointless idea simple as that no real usage because people when they join can already tell the difference between factions of power and of peace Very Happy

Last edited by Vanoi on Thu Dec 15, 2005 12:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
David707
Simple

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 12:25 pm    Post subject: I disagree :-( Reply with quote

most factions that want new members r minority factions who dont have any faction points...
Vanoi
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 12:36 pm    Post subject: Re: I disagree :-( Reply with quote

David707 wrote:
most factions that want new members r minority factions who dont have any faction points...

thats make recruit by command...
Tessie
Intermediate

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 5:46 pm    Post subject: Top factions Reply with quote

One thing i've been thinking about:
There should be a faction ranking with all factions, not just top three. Perhaps with some other stats, like member count, alliances, relic captures and stuff..

I'm kinda new here, but so far I havent found any rankings other than on the front page.
Vanoi
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

how about the rankings in our hearts? In my heart Frizz your number 1 lol
and a ranking (record) for dueling planet would be nice.
Flostin
Harbinger of Death

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 4:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

Quote:

There should be a faction ranking with all factions, not just top three. Perhaps with some other stats, like member count, alliances, relic captures and stuff..

Well, we all knew I would agree with this:) I think I posted this in an earlier suggestion as well, lets do it! I mean it already shows Top 5 on login....as opposed to top 3 when you ARE logged in...lol. "People who play have less access to who the top factions "really" are, than those who just stumble across the home page:)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Drop Shock Forum Index -> Suggestions All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: