FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Similar Game?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BILALKAZI
Advanced

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 2:42 pm    Post subject: Similar Game? Reply with quote

Hi everyone!

Its been a while since I posted here but I have been following the discussions on the forum and I'm saddened and disappointed with the current state of this awesome but flawed game. It seems it's revival is almost improbable now.

I have tried many strategy games since I left Drop-Shock, however, none could match up to the experience and uniqueness of the game. I am sure most of the people who visit the forum on a regular basis would agree with me on that. Like me, some of you might have even tried to look for alternative games similar to Drop-Shock.

Have any of you found a game that fits the niche genre of Drop-Shock, namely:
MMO + Strategy + Turn Based + Simultaneous + Grid based

Note: This is not a game recommendation request, its to understand how other games in a similar category have developed / survived / evolved / thrived
RoseThorn
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't worry about advertising other games, at this point it is fine.
Advanced

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Umm... I think I might have been misunderstood here. I have no such intentions. I'm trying to understand how a new/different game could be made with all the positives of Drop-Shock and the least amount of negatives (which most of the community already know). I want to compare this game with any other existing similar game (as described earlier) that might have been somewhat successful and still continue to remain so. I am collecting data that could only be available from comparison. The forum is full of this game's extensive analysis so we are mostly covered there.

I have always been inspired by the mechanics of Drop-Shock, however, my thirst to play a similar game at its full potential has remained unquenched. Efforts have been made by most of the community to revive the game (resulting in failure unfortunately) but we all realize that alone isn't enough. It needs a complete overhaul, a task near impossible if you take in the current situation of ownership, authority and access.

I am left with no other choice but to create a game (mobile/PC) taking inspiration from Drop-Shock and all the excellent ideas that exist in the forum. Before I start I need to envision what my end goal would be, and hence, the need for data. I foresee a 12 - 18 month development phase so it's not a short time goal. I am a programmer so hopefully I know what I am getting into Confused
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Drop Shock Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: