Joined: 06 May 2008
Location: Your hot sister's closet.
|Posted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 3:45 pm Post subject: Crew Overhaul Ideas
|Read my original post here: http://forum.mobrulestudios.com/viewtopic.php?p=154953
Crew Training is ridiculously tedious, especially raising an RR crew to EE.
Here are some ideas to improve Crews:
Eliminate lower level Gunnery and Piloting levels
-Simply remove the “Rookie, Intermediate, etc.”
-All Crews automatically have Elite Gunnery and Elite Piloting
Make Crew CE penalties a flat rate for each level of complexity.
- Simple unit's CE not increased (factor of 1.0)
- Intermediate unit's CE increase by a factor of 1.05
- Advance unit's CE increase by a factor of 1.15
- Elite unit's CE increase by a factor of 1.30
Rather than “training” to improve Gunnery and Piloting, training will be for Merits only.
- Crews will still “level-up” as usual.
- Crews gain a 1-2% bonus for a merit as they level up for each level earned. (Maybe cap this bonus at 10%?)
- In order to relieve some of the tedium, increase the base chance of meriting – I have no idea what the % chance is currently, but increase it by some %. (Wiki!!)
- Mods and inherent unit abilities will still be able to increase this as well. (No cap on this.) - With this in mind, a Commander's Seal and Combat Analysis Module/System will help in both respects – Commander's Seal continues to increase % and leveling faster also improves %.
- With this in mind, crews could POTENTIALLY gain 3 merits by level 3, however, their chance to merit goes up the more you use them up to the 10% cap.
I realize these might be a little controversial, but it's just some ideas.
ANY OTHER THOUGHTS OR IDEAS ARE APPRECIATED!
Chuck Norris does not read the Drop-Shock wiki, he stares it down until he gets the information he wants.