Joined: 06 May 2008
Location: Your hot sister's closet.
|Posted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 3:12 pm Post subject: MOD CE Modifier Overhaul Idea
|Read my original post: http://forum.mobrulestudios.com/viewtopic.php?t=15776
Okay, again, this is something I've always felt is backwards. To understand where I'm coming from, you may want to read my ideas on CE Overhaul and Unit Overhaul – links are listed at the bottom of my original post.
If you look at the CE modifier on most mods, for whatever reason it's higher on simple mods and intermediate mods than it is on advanced or elite. I'm assuming this is yet another way to get un-paids to burn through command more quickly.
I understand the thought is it's “lesser tech” so it shouldn't be as good, but that's already the case anyway, even without the CE cost. While simple and intermediate mods do cost less to build, there is usually a significant trade off (diminishing returns), when you equip them (much longer recharge for slightly longer range, much shorter range for slightly more damage, etc.) Couple that with the penalty of using higher level mods on lower complexity units, and it's even worse.
This doesn't make sense. I definitely agree with the “CE penalty” of putting higher level mods on lower level complexity units, things could get out of hand quickly by making “suicide” units, but what you're effectively doing by making simple and intermediate mods, in general, raise the CE of units more so than advanced or elite mods is making it where simple and intermediate units are simply not worth the cost, in most cases, to deploy compared to an advanced or elite unit. Like I mentioned in a previous post, if you leave this the way it is, why even bother having Simple Units (and most Intermediates) in the game? This effectively removes about 60% of the units, and about half of the mods, from the game.
My idea for fixing this is simple – coupled with the CE of Simple Units being greatly lowered, Intermediate unit CE remaining more or less the same, and Advanced Unit CE increased slightly:
- Simple mods – increase CE on every unit by a factor of 1.05 – 1.10
- Intermediate mods – increase CE on every unit over Simple complexity by a factor of 1.10 – 1.20 – with a .05 penalty if equipped to Simple complexity units.
- Advance mods – increase CE on every unit over Intermediate complexity by a factor of 1.15 – 1.30 – with a .10 penalty if equipped to Intermediate complexity units, and a .20 penalty if equipped to Simple complexity units.
- Elite mods – increase CE on every unit over Advanced complexity by a factor of 1.30 – with a .10 penalty if equipped to Advanced complexity units, a .20 penalty if equipped to Intermediate complexity units, and a .40 penalty if equipped to Simple complexity units.
- Obviously this list doesn't apply to CE lowering mods, however, the penalties should still apply.
- These modifier rules can be offset, except in the case of Simple Mods, by applying a trade off to the mod. The Obliteration Cannon is a good example.
ANY COMMENTS OR IDEAS ARE APPRECIATED!
Chuck Norris does not read the Drop-Shock wiki, he stares it down until he gets the information he wants.