FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Resetting Server Idea - All Chat Discussion Thread

View previous topic :: View next topic  
thebest992
Advanced

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 10:10 pm    Post subject: Resetting Server Idea - All Chat Discussion Thread Reply with quote

All chat is currently having a discussion on the idea of a resetting server idea.

PK Suggested that DS have a new server that reset after 6 months or so.

The main argument for this is that the disparity from a vet and a new player when the game thrived was 30-100 levels while now its 200-400 levels.

This large level advantage (along with economic advantages) creates an environment that is not accepting of new players.

The Core idea is this: The server we play on now stays. While a new server is created that resets every 6 months (Time TBD)

Several of the games mechanics would need to be revamped or redone for this to work such as the following:

Constructs - Simply will not work as they now function.

One idea is that you gain knowledge and ability to build units upon salvaging bandit units. Thinking on this idea, it would make it possible for Elite class units to be able to salvage in special events that happen on a planet.

An example is that a random even could be "A Bandit Super Node has been deployed on Hellion" when Hellion cycles. This node may have a squad of 6 Wyvs defending it that all move together.

Construction

I feel this simply takes way too long. And way too many clicks.

Possible Idea: Have a factory building. The game mechanic would work like this.

The building produces a unit a turn. This unit would have an A.I. slave crew and no mods. To have this unit in your storage you need to move it into a drop pad located inside your base. Drop pad evacs the unit to safety.

Factories could come in simple, intermediate, and advanced. Each building their own units. Perhaps planets could have abandoned bandit defended elite factories that would allow the player to build elite units.

Mods and buildings could be done with the unit being supply vehicles.

Crews/Merits

Crews would gain 1 level per kill. Merits would have a much higher frequency.

Crews can also have three results from having the unit die: Dead - lost forever. Injured - same function as dead is currently. Survive - Same function as survived is currently.

This post will be further edited. I am tired and work really soon. Please comment on anything that does not make sense, is silly, or you think should be edited. This has really low levels of detail so bare with me.

Hyde

In Game Tag: Mr_Hyde
Battalia
Elite

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep in mind, the end goal for any game is to be profitable. While paid days are good, it's probably not enough unless hundreds are all paid. Need to have those little ways players can sink money in.

That said, personally, I would hate this. Losing everything monthly would turn the game into simply whoever can play more, wins. While not bad, I don't want to log in and grind bandits for units or construx. If I wanted to grind, I would go play Destiny. But thats myself.
DesertFox
Simple

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the construction idea.. it gives a new feeling to the game..

The resetting every 6 months, I find it absurd. We would just lose players that way..

Also about the crews, 1 lvl per kill will be too much.. make it achieve a
certain amount of exp instead of per kill, like what pk suggested before.

And crews dying is much more unreasonable since some merit combination are very rare. unless we can choose merits for our crews but will cost exp for them..
Wakka
Intermediate

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reset FPs once every 6 months, leave resources untouched.

Create a Hall of Fame for the top factions in the last 10 years.

Every 6 months the top 3 factions with the most FPs get a prize + a place in the hall of fame.

Overhaul / Tweak faction levels every 6 months, this will address balance concerns that may occur within the changing metagame and also keep the game fresh.

This makes getting FPs actually important to factions and also keeps their prestige aspect. It also means that new factions can be created at the reset and not have to play a massive catchup game as they currently do.

I would also recommend adding faction bonuses for smaller factions like there used to be, but for around 7 players or something. Players + time are always the greatest resources in the game, and whichever factions have the most members active will almost always win. If we encourage more factions but with smaller numbers it should even the playing field and make it more about skill rather than activity.

Oh and delete Dom. lel

This is just my opinion, but I've had support from various members. Some people have spoken about it in terms of 'Legacy Faction Points' which would be another tier beyond faction points, but this is essentially the same as my suggestion except new factions would still constantly lag behind so I hope my suggestion improves on that slightly.

Thoughts?
DesertFox
Simple

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wakka wrote:
Reset FPs once every 6 months, leave resources untouched.

Create a Hall of Fame for the top factions in the last 10 years.

Every 6 months the top 3 factions with the most FPs get a prize + a place in the hall of fame.

Overhaul / Tweak faction levels every 6 months, this will address balance concerns that may occur within the changing metagame and also keep the game fresh.

This makes getting FPs actually important to factions and also keeps their prestige aspect. It also means that new factions can be created at the reset and not have to play a massive catchup game as they currently do.

I would also recommend adding faction bonuses for smaller factions like there used to be, but for around 7 players or something. Players + time are always the greatest resources in the game, and whichever factions have the most members active will almost always win. If we encourage more factions but with smaller numbers it should even the playing field and make it more about skill rather than activity.

Oh and delete Dom. lel

This is just my opinion, but I've had support from various members. Some people have spoken about it in terms of 'Legacy Faction Points' which would be another tier beyond faction points, but this is essentially the same as my suggestion except new factions would still constantly lag behind so I hope my suggestion improves on that slightly.

Thoughts?

I liked his idea! Support!
corclaork
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The biggest change this game needs is it needs to move away from being tedious. If building things was time based it would go a long way. It would also allow for another avenue of balancing for units and mods. A complete reset couldnt be done often (yearly at most often) but we do need a hard reset of everything due to the sheer wealth gap.

in game name : corclark
garrow
Advanced

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This would turn DS into a tournament style game, you have this amount of time to do, what? there is no end goal with your 6 month plan, plus everything is reset? Not even a little bit of support. With this system I could see if failing quit soon. If you were going to go this route, I'd suggest taking from battledawn, two currencies, one premium one not that stay with you round to round, 1st-2nd get the red tokens (premium) 3rd and sometimes 4th/5th get the non-premium, the one you can get from voting. That way next round they'd use them to get a head start, only real way I can see this working is if we turn the game into a turf war, but that will be stupid as well. So as I said above no support for this 6 month crap. Strux/Construction are very lame, very tedious, I rather build armada's on eve than a 50 unit army here. Takes me a good, 2-3 click to build ships in eve if I have the blue print, one single print that has two sets of stats, material eff, and time eff, this cuts down on the amount of time/materials it takes to make said ship. Here we need to have stupid amounts of strux just to make units and mods. It was a great cash cow for frizz, but times have changed.

Dom being deleted is yet again a bad idea, this planet has potential, it can be tweaked into a tourney planet or something of the sort, it cycles once a month, maybe once every two weeks, top 3 factions who hold the most get rewarded in tbs or something.
Hihahahalol
Advanced

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will say the opinion i said in all chat again:
Basically the reset idea is to help New players join a competition since they won't stand a chance against Vets, right?

The thing is: New players DONT need to fight vets until they're vets themselves, until then they can compete with each other, i stopped playing the game for a long while after i could'nt get a Fight on Esika so i decided to get a few lvls and then there was no Mid-player vs Mid-player in this game and there was no PvP, only thing i could do was farm farm farm until i become a Vet which is of course ridiculous

The Competition is always fighting someone of the same skill lvl and not the highest skill lvl out there, Esika was great for me to the point i didn't want to lvl out of it since i know there is no other planets for me (Check the sig where i did'nt kill a Bandit Nova attacking me and wmg when we were going to fight some PGF because i didn't want to gain exp)

If you want the game to be more Newbie friendly competition-wise, just make it so! ANY idea can work if executed correctly, Creativity or Super fancy ideas with lots of coding isn't really needed
For example: make an up to lvl 15 PvP planet where players asking to make a new account (by banning their old account) cannot join , with a very small reward for winning and 100% auto-salvage, more of a PvP training Planet rather than an actual PvP planet

Of Course to make the game Newbie friendly there should be something after they go out of the Newbie zone other than fighting Vets, so make planets for Mid lvl noobs such as myself, Rynn didn't work as intended, it was meant for mid lvls to have PvP and it didn't generate that and even if: an Ao1 would usually be able to beat 20k CE with just 10k CE, make a lvl limit instead CE caps, Ao1s and TFCs can troll the hell out of a 50 to 70 player with even 20% of their CE]

Maybe also make a planet where lvls don't matter at all, no lvl based CE limits, no Commands, no abilities...etc and make restriction so that you don't have to be super rich to win here ( CE limits and no + no Stealth no I for example )

Another Idea is add some PvE to the game, Shak got extremely buffed now that they're not worth it not matter your lvl, nerf it and Shak hunts will happen again (i used to solo shak with non +ed units at lvl ~40 or something, sometimes i die and sometimes i kill, but who cares? it was fun)

Maybe Consider the Bandit world idea proposed from a long time ago, Maybe add missions or something of the sort

The More Planet thing is just a way, as i mention before: if the game isn't newbie friendly, just make it newbie friendly instead of dropping even the vets to newbies

ANY idea CAN work, just leave the vets enjoy their Vet play, It's their lvl at this game, they won't enjoy being to Esika again and they will just feel handicapped

As For the Level system, There is already an "End-Game-Status" in TW, at a certain lvl you have all the commands and all the abilities, so a lvl 200 won't have a lvl disadvantage vs a lvl 9001 player, Vets stay Vets in this game, they don't become Gods (lvl-wise not Money-wise)

A Reset is actually in my favor but i am against it as it's not logical

I will refrain from commenting on how Tutorials sucks and no wiki and information is hard to optain and game is tedious and building click bla bla... etc
These are not related to the reset idea which is my interest as i am typing this

I am MIЯROR
Wakka
Intermediate

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zz deleted because idc
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Drop Shock Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: