FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Old Veteran Thoughts on TW

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Battalia
Elite

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 1:46 pm    Post subject: Old Veteran Thoughts on TW Reply with quote

Well, seeing as we are going to see a new owner soon-ish I thought I'd post some ramblings. See if any of it sticks.

Problem areas of DS:

Planet selection.

We have too much choice. Sounds odd, I know. But every planet you add, you subtract from the activity of every other planet. What we need is events. You want to have a big planet where all the factions fight? Sure. But there should only be one slot. Maybe the next cycle is Dominus? Maybe it's Hellion? Maybe it's Hadeas? Nobody knows until it cycles, and thats the one faction planet to gain FP on. This encourages conflict instead of factions taking different planets and having a different focus. This goes for every planet. In my humble opinion, we should have 4 planets MAX. Wulf, low level pvp planet, high level pvp planet, and factions wars planet. Yes, the small fries get squished a little, but if you want to play farmville, facebook is that way.

Units

Acti's have a time and place. Commander units? Sure. Special circumstances like deploying something or salvaging something or the like? Sure. Combat acti's on regular units? Ain't nobody got time for that. Acti's on regular units in an effort to balance things is silly. They don't get used enough, and most of the time they are just plain silly. The most an acti will ever see is first turn of combat. After that, commanders have to pay WAY too much attention to other things. The only way to fix this is perhaps a button to active all acti's in a stack. But that comes with it's own challenges when a unit has more than 1.

CE: All CE does is subtract command from the game. It is NOT a balancing factor. In a 1v1 scenario, the better meka wins 100% of the time. CE has never, and will never influence this. So please don't use CE to balance meka's. There is zero need for low CE advanced units in the game. So many of our units are locked in the useless bin due to this. A simple balancing pass to bring all the meka's in line could do wonders for the game in this regard.

Construx: I hate to be this guy, but please un-share them. This was the worst feature for the game ever. Construx should be a desired item by all, not just who can afford it. Let me ask in all chat who feels like buying some. Surprise, surprise, nobody. The problem is why get a construx when you can get someone to build it for you? I hate to say it, but there needs to be a penalty to not having the strux. Hearthstone, magic, pokemon, whatever. You can't produce copies of cards once you have the card. So this mechanic has always been a little odd.

What about salvage? Everyone loves salvage. You salvage a destroyed unit, and you get a destroyed unit and 3 destroyed mods, 1 unrecoverable mod. The only way to repair them to proper working order is having the construx. For every construx you have a 20% chance to repair the unit/mod per 24 hours. Feel like bieng a cheapskate? Stick with 1 and keep trying every day. Least it keeps people logging in.

Lastly, construx should be bound. If you open a pack, they are all unbound. If you trade them once, they bind to the player that purchased them. Then feel free to sell a power-up or whatever that un-binds construx, but make it hard to get. Construx shouldn't swap around, and players should be encouraged to have their own. 1,000 people with 1 of each construx is more revenue than 10 people with 50 each. Micro-transactions, not macro-ones. I'm not buying a car, or PC, I'm playing a game.

Bases:

They need more HP, like 10X the amount now, and to have their damages nerfed quite a bit. Thumpers need to be removed from the game completely. Nobody wants to hop into a base and be stuck until they win or they die. Hit and run needs to be a play style. Defenders have to do the least amount of work to win. Why should attackers be on the back-foot? Lastly, bases need some class. Yea, we have some cool "can only drop one of X building" but there needs to be some options. Why not a faction HQ that sports guns? Why not one that gives area buffs? Why not different HQ's that supply a special resource that enables you to drop special buildings. Who doesn't want a special power plant that can do 5x the normal amount of power, and can power an entire unpowered base for 5 turns with an acti? Who doesn't want some sort of tower that shoots everything every turn? Who doesn't want a building that nullifies drop shock? Everyone that's who. But you can only have one of those, they all compete for the same slot. So what do you pick? Variety is the spice of life, and currently bases are dead.

All just friendly suggestions, and some of the areas that I feel need the most love. Take it for what it's worth.
Dogg1000
Advanced

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as bases go, smart builds include only hybrid laser and maybe 1-2 guns to kill scouts. Everything else is heavily phased, multiple of the important support buildings and 2-3x power. People realize base hp is more important over guns. A base is nothing without its droppers.
ItsNick
Intermediate

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

your opinions

but i am skeptical about these suggestions, i just get the feeling it isnt right
(no offence) my opinion
xyzc2
Intermediate

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agree with most of your ideas. I don't really see how one could implement the strux idea without removing every strux currently in a faction... I guess refunding the shared strux for tbs and removing them from fac storage could work.

I personally think salvage chances are too high. I think you should have at most a 50% chance of salvaging a destroyed unit.

And I think we have way too many planets for the number of people that play atm. Maybe make some deployments time-dependent... like Rynn only appears on weekends. I think there should be fewer planets (keep it at 2 training planets, 2 relic planets, 2 beacon planets, 3 fac war planets... and bandit homeworld) and make them like 300x300 each. Maybe smaller for fac war planets.

OR - get rid of dom but keep the territory idea in that there are capturable nodes (call em forward waypoints or deployment nodes or whatever) which let you deploy to them on each fac war planet, and there are base nodes (the normal nodes) where all the action happens. The idea would be that a faction that caps a node should also capture all of these local deployment nodes to prevent other people from dropping. Also have these deployment nodes grant sector vision.

Idk... I just think DOM + mort+had+hell is a bit much when there aren't many people. Maybe make one of them unlockable only when 50+ people have logged on in the past <x> time

"Now I see you choosin' the hard way." - Booty Warrior
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Drop Shock Forum Index -> Suggestions All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: