FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New bandit dragging method [Updated!]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Peace
Intermediate

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2015 7:20 pm    Post subject: New bandit dragging method [Updated!] Reply with quote

Okay took the time to make this much more detailed and easier to understand.

When you deploy you move your beast to any of the corners of your deployment sector. You then place the Aegis in the corner of in front of your Beast(or training units), then move your SE to the corner away from there.

Your SE are going to use the commonly used Center Drag method now to light up 4 different quads.

Instead of this though, you keep them cloaked until all 3 zones have spawned that are available. Using a ShadowWhisperer or Speed Demon crew to move back and forth between your Aegis' sector and the 3 spawning sectors. When you have spawned all 3 sectors, uncloak your SE. Then next turn cloak them again. All the bandits will move into range of your SE. When they do, they will then see your Aegis and move into his sector.

Once the bandits have moved into the Aegis' sector you are ready to start spawning again while your beast or training units kill the current bandits.

On the picture above I have detailed some purple squares and some blue squares in your Aegis' sector. The purple squares are bandits that could possibly retarget your SE if you uncloak them with bandits alive there.

The blue squares represent bandits that WILL retarget your SE if you uncloak them. So to increase spawn drag speed, kill any missile or ballistic units that are in any of these squares first. This will allow you to uncloak your SE as soon as you have 3 spawns ready again while you still have bandits in your Aegis' sector. Thus increasing the speed at which you stack bandits to kill.

Warning. You can quickly get too many bandits for your Aegis to handle.

Lastly. Every once in a while a missile unit or ballistic unit will move straight across the sectors and not at an angle towards your Aegis, then putting your Beast and Aegis at the same range from them and they MAY retarget the Beast. Be sure to be on the watch for this and kill those bandits first.

My SE have ActiMaster/Speed Demon crews with Sixth Sense and Photon Mass Generators on them. This allows them to take a hit if I forget to recloak or miss a bandit in range of them when I uncloak.

My Beast is DESII with CAS/CAM integrated. DL/WH/EMPC/AoA. I have to hotwire every turn. Some people may choose to remove CAM or DL to add a Hyperbat. I dont mind spending the 1 cmd per turn to increase EXP and Damage. Your choice though.

If you should happen to bump into some listas that dont move into Aegis' sector. I use Fall In and Move Out + Upload Terrain to jump them and kill once I kill all other bandits or ones that would retarget my beast instead of keep shooting Aegis.

Other Lista Option: You can move one of your SE behind them and the Listas will move towards your Aegis to get into range of the SE since they are now the closest unit. Slower since you have to wait to kill and sometimes the Lista will move left or right instead of inside the Aegis sector. But you dont have to use commands to jump them.

Alright guys, hope this helps.
DesertFox
Simple

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 11:30 pm    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

It works really well and also makes salvaging a lot easier!
BiWinning
Simple

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a fantastic method. Beautiful.
Sonya
Simple

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fox tested and approved, been using it for a while now really but I tend to leave myself at the corner of the quads for a lower wait time between spawning and killing (at an of course increased risk of something slipped around the shield, but that's why you back up if they're about to do so)
Peace
Intermediate

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Using this method Sonya there is no wait time. All bandits move into the Aegis' sector leaving the other 3open to keep spawning while you are killing bandits.

You literally NEVER run out of bandits.

As long as you remember to keep moving those SE lol

And remember. Kill stuff in the purple and blue squares first so you can uncloak your SE sooner without risking them being targetted. Gets your drags faster so you can spawn faster.
Vinzkillx
Simple

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Approved and Working 100% if anyone need to know there's a lot of way to use this leveling method like crew meriting, from level 1/3 to level 7, and Commander leveling

one day at PR fac chat ...
DevilSteam [12:11am 19]
But we're all reds
Tirptiz [12:10am 19]
and go to WAAAAAARRRR, all reds must die
haloguy48
Advanced

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used a similar method, but with a DSM BP crew as the guard instead of an Aegis, and moved both into the same sector. Dropped AOA and put a holo, or Tri-age/another weapon, depending on where I'm using it.

NOT 100% SAFE, any units from the right or bottom sector can flank the DSM and target the cmmdr (DSM is 2 spaces diagonal from the Beast on Sector Edge), which is usually missile units. But I found this was a quicker clear for me.
http://forum.mobrulestudios.com/viewtopic.php?p=149822#149822
BiWinning
Simple

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've found that throwing a few shield mods onto the SE will prevent you from having to kill bandits / worry about losing an SE. If you're trying to stay under 5k CE, it's probably not for you, but I drop ~7.5K CE to merit crews anyway, so it only brings me up to around 8K CE after the mods.

with the ARS SE you can get up to 99 shields with 4 mod slots. Will prevent them from dying in one singular turn of being shot at. Can't withstand multiple turns, but you can cloak, preventing this problem.

I was getting frustrated when I'd want to bring in another group of bandits while I killed the ones I already had spawned. This stopped that dumb problem.
Peace
Intermediate

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My SE have PMG and Sixth Sense. 50 health and can easily dodge
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Drop Shock Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: