FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Looking for community input
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
corclaork
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

some news coming down the pipe very soon everyone Very Happy as always feel free to forward me campaign ideas if ya have them (you can contact me in game, here, or via email, calaclark@gmail.com).

also how would you guys feel about a complete reset. keep in mind there would be a lot of changes made before so ( strux). and (if its financially feasible/people want it) continuing the current server.

cor

in game name : corclark
Sacred_Tribune out in the wild.
khaibar
Advanced

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think many want a reset, then again some would rage quit because of it.

What I suggest is:

- Reset all commanders, clones can remain since some were sold.
- Lock out the current stocks... of everything except tbs.. don't delete just lock out till further planning
- New strux purchase are no permanent but are available for a # of uses. You always get full var possibility even if you have 1 strux. So if you have 50 strux you get 5000 builds (each strux can do 100 build). Decrease price of strux packs accordingly.
- People will be given the choice of converting their old perma strux to active 100 build per strux or just wait till we figure something out
- Reintroduce strux slowly. First is default, then after a month or 2 BT and so on. Given that strux are now consumed the investment you make in default strux will not be wasted after others are added.
- Implement Legacy Faction Points system (mentioned in forums before)
- Implement random modifiers, wanted bandits, boss bandits , whatever to make bandit fighting fun
- Since strux are now consumed, bandits have a 1% chance of giving a strux of itself if advanced salvaged
- Use the unused images in image pack to make salvage only mods gained from mod salvage only
- REMOVE PUs.. no new PUs.. old ones can still be used. Only way to get a new PU is via zedus beacon. srsly the thing killed the crew market.
- Remove BP merit till command units are reintroduced.
- Figure out what can be done with the frozen stocks.
- Give ghog AEMP
Trerro
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CC is considering collectively throwing in the 5k, we're polling to see how many of us are interested in chipping in and such.

RoseThorn wrote:
Trade chat makes me think everyone is a Moogle... Saying noob instead of "Kupo"
tomohawk
Advanced

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be kinda bummed about a commander reset.. idk
just glad to see forward momentum.

Death before dishonor.

*not funny*
khaibar
Advanced

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

an alternative to a commander reset would be the introduction of sub-commander crew which can be leveled like commander and would have its own abilities and commands.
garrow
Advanced

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wouldn't mind that khaib's, seems interesting. As for a reset...... ehhhhhh not a fan. A lot of people have spent large sums of money on things such as storage's, crews, strux and resources. Taking away that investment would be quite... a slap in the face I feel.
khaibar
Advanced

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stocks would be frozen not deleted.. well it's up to the buyer anyway
wannabe121
Advanced

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We could port all current items and commanders into "Legacy" items, representing the pivotal role they've had in the formation of TinyWarz up to the present day. Their antiquated construction means they've become "worn out" and deemed unfit for the new era of conflict. They're still used on some planets where nothing better is available, but units produced with "new" construx take advantage of modernized techniques and material, making them hardier and better able to withstand adverse battlefield conditions.

Effects:

• TW/TD/DS items gain the L variant.
  • The L variant would either A) keep the unit from being deployed on certain planets, similar to Command Units, or B) apply an adverse effect to the unit such as reduced HP, movement, etc. that "Legacy" planets negate.
  • Old Commanders are either reset or gain the Legendary Merit.
  • This merit is not affected by the merit cap.
  • This merit would either A) keep the commander from being deployed on certain planets, similar to Command Units, or B) apply an adverse effect to the army such as reduced number of issuable commands that "Legacy" planets negate, or C) apply an adverse effect to the unit such as reduced gunnery, merits other than Legendary don't apply, etc. that "Legacy" planets negate.

Mods would likely remain as-is; I don't readily see a "better" way to construct Ballistic Ammo.

Crews would likely receive the Legendary Merit.
If these nukes are north korean, implement them anyway. They wont get 3 squares before tripping on a rock and turning into salvage.
corclaork
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The main idea behind a reset is to level the playing field so new people can compete with vets. even in a complete reset environment vets would have a massive advantage knowing the mechanics... at the end of the day a soft reset that doesn't level the field and allow room for new people to rise to the top nothing will change. period. most mmo type games see this curve and have to change to allow new leaders to join or they stagnate and die. whether by a reset or adding different servers, it is a necessity. im just as invested as most anyone else but there's just some things we are going to have to give up to move forward.

Many aspects of the game depend on a tight supply and demand curve to function and in this state those functions do nothing (namely the markets and building). if we were to move in the direction of a meaningful reset, deciding which of those functions we wish to part with and which we must have will/would be key.

that being said i understand that specifics are what would make or break it and the main reason i wanted to bring up a reset was to see if, in general, those still here think its in the best interest of the game, and not ourselves, that a reset even take place.

in game name : corclark
Sacred_Tribune out in the wild.
khaibar
Advanced

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

many players have been complaining about resets and investments. I never made any $ investment in the game so I might not know how they feel. This decision falls to the buyer of the game eventually. But perhaps instead of resetting the game add new features that would level the playing ground

- Legacy Faction Points => Old investments preserved, factions pretty much start from scratch => FP wars

- Reset unknown (no one uses them or mines them for the unknown) + add a new set that requires unknown instead of ore => **** load of battles on dominus

- Remove purchasing of PUs with tbs => Salvage what's left of crew market + Old investment in PUs gain value + zedus beacon only PU income

- Dont reset commander, add subcommander with unique abilities etc..

- Dont remove crews, add a new collection of merits or Tier 2 merits => Recover crew training

- Planets with strux limitation => Recover forgotten units etc...
wannabe121
Advanced

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hm; what if we made significant changes to how the game played and coupled it with a soft reset + market vitalization changes (such as the limited use strux)? I know it'd be asking a lot of our coder(s) but if we want to keep everyone happy, this seems like it might be the best route.

Also, since I forgot to mention it earlier, welcome back Bols!
If these nukes are north korean, implement them anyway. They wont get 3 squares before tripping on a rock and turning into salvage.
garrow
Advanced

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel that yes, a reset is needed... do I want one, jesus no I like my stuff, but I would enjoy an actual fresh start even though my $ investment was my fault and I should have predicted that frizz would just kinda shit out on us and the game would die. I took that risk and so did many others. Newbies can still rise to the top even now, we've seen it several times, look how darkc35ar was? Yea a lot of people hated him, but that guy knew how to destroy... well pretty much everything. Underhanded tactics, yes he used them, but we all have once in our career's here. J4 came in as a newbie, and lot of us hate the guy, but he knows his stuff, sometimes, he was a decent army pvper until it went to his head. Several more over the years have done it, and they got up to speed by using the resources they gathered and what was given to them during that time by the factions they happen to be in. I feel if the newbie is worth the investment, then the factions will get them up to speed if a reset doesn't happen.

Now on the other hand, Harbringers anyone remember that faction? Bunch of guys came in apparently friends of frizz? They didn't last very long because they got choked out by everyone. If a reset does happen, I'm sure many of us will still play, some most likely not. If we go ahead with a reset please please include a massive update with it because it'd be the same old same old and you want a completely new experience not an old one.
wannabe121
Advanced

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

garrow wrote:
Now on the other hand, Harbringers anyone remember that faction? Bunch of guys came in apparently friends of frizz? They didn't last very long because they got choked out by everyone.

Yea, I remember them. Frizz used to play Neveron with those guys, but got distraught with the system and went off to make his own thing (TW). As for the Harbingers, they were big guys on campus back when Nev was popular and I'm guessing they tried to play TW once back when it was still called that? Memory might be failing me, it's been a couple years since I talked to nay of them.

garrow wrote:
If a reset does happen, I'm sure many of us will still play, some most likely not. If we go ahead with a reset please please include a massive update with it because it'd be the same old same old and you want a completely new experience not an old one.

I'd be fine with this. And I'd like to emphasize that a new system would be the best thing for the game... after all, the old one didn't exactly work as expected (market stagnation, "sheer-cliff" learning curve, etc., etc.).
Vanoi
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wouldn't it make sense to actually do something before a reset?
garrow
Advanced

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vanoi wrote:
Wouldn't it make sense to actually do something before a reset?

We are open to suggestions Smile

and wannabie, I am in full agreement with you, the old system failed, we need a new one that will not putter out.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Drop Shock Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: