FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

3D ... With and without it.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
haloguy48
Advanced

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:02 am    Post subject: 3D ... With and without it. Reply with quote

a TL;DR below.

When 3D was implemented, to many it spiced up the look of Drop-Shock. Others stuck with 2D. As it currently sits, with minimal financial backing, it costs... I believe it was stated around $200-300 per 3D image to be made for us. This is currently a huge thorn in our side for any and all unit and building implementation. Mods on the other hand, have always been as such to the best of my knowledge. To the main point though.

With 3D, it makes Drop-Shock look more appealing to those who want graphics to boot with the turn-by-turn gaming. It probably helps draw in new players to some extent. This would also spread any possible funds out in four directions (Buildings, Units, Mods and possibly Advertisement).

Without 3D, it takes away the look so many people have become accustomed to seeing. Bringing the game back to it's "Retro" look. It may take away from some people looking at us, but we all know a true gamer knows it's not the graphics that make the game, but how it's played and its community base.

TL;DR

I suggest that the 3D option for deployment be removed OR disabled. Any and all current Unit and Building designs wishing to be implemented, return to their 2D self. This splits any available funding from the player base back to Mod creations and Paid Advertisement. All current 3D models stay for their descriptions, banked and saved for later when the player base grows again and 3D because a plausible thing to do.

Of course this isn't a 1-sided discussion, please voice your opinion below.

HG48
http://forum.mobrulestudios.com/viewtopic.php?p=149822#149822
corclaork
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have to generally agree with you HG. while the 3D images are super cool and exciting, i dont feel like they are worth the cost. but in the spirit of argument i do have one point to bring up.

It is the reason most of us still use the 2D"icon" view. its a s simple as we can see more on screen at once. the time it takes to load a "2D" or "3D" image is the same because the "3D" ones are a 2D picture of that 3D version. if there was a way to see just as much with the 3D "command" level as the a fore mentioned "icon" view i would quickly change back to the 3D version because recognition of the 3D models is much faster than that of the 2D versions.(did i mention they still look freaking awsome?)

cor

in game name : corclark
khaibar
Advanced

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used 3d for like.. a day..

A planet which automatically sets u to 2d could be a solution. However any new units exclusive to it would look weird in library and recent death. But I am sure we can handle it.
Frageran
Sandwich Maker

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we can live without it

Trerro wrote:
Onto my order I need to tack a stack of Shak Attack Pack, so I can smack back my enemies with flak. Quack.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Drop Shock Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: