FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Account Settings Blank

View previous topic :: View next topic  
wannabe121
Advanced

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 12:56 pm    Post subject: Account Settings Blank Reply with quote

As per the title, clicking on Account Settings, both while deployed and on the landing page, results in a blank HTML page. I am using Firefox File Version 25.0.0.5046 (Product Version 25.0) on Windows 7 SP 1. I've already attempted clearing my temporary internet files, which makes me wonder if it isn't a FF settings error.
If these nukes are north korean, implement them anyway. They wont get 3 squares before tripping on a rock and turning into salvage.
khaibar
Advanced

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

probably cache issue, could be from your ISP too

I have firefox 25.0.1 and it's working fine, so did firefox 3.0.0

try a different browser or upgrade
wannabe121
Advanced

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Inspected the page with FireFox (had forgotten about that feature when I originally posted the thread) and found the culprit. Frizz has been notified about what needs changing.
If these nukes are north korean, implement them anyway. They wont get 3 squares before tripping on a rock and turning into salvage.
wannabe121
Advanced

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update: In response to more information, here's my attempts to recreate this bug.

1. Startup Firefox 26.0 with the following add-ons: AdBlock Plus 2.4; avast! Online Security 9.0.2006.53; Clickjacking Reveal 1.1; Disconnect 3.10.0; GMail Notified (restartless) 0.3.7; Lazarus: Form Recovery 2.3; Noia 4 Theme Manager 1.8.8pre1;
and the following Appearance plugin: Yakuza Paint
and the following Plugins: Adobe Acrobat 11.0.5.3; Java(TM) Platform SE 7 U45 10.45.2.18; Nexon Game Controller 1.0.1.2; Pando Web Plugin 1.0.0.1; Raidcall plugin 1.0.0.1; Roblox Launcher Plugin 1.2.8.24; Shockwave Flash 11.9.900.170; Silverlight Plug-In 5.1.20913.0; Unity Player 4.1.5.1944; VLC Web Plugin 2.1.0.0; Windows Live Photo Gallery 15.4.3538.513
2. Login with saved e-mail through http://www.drop-shock.com
3. From command.drop-shock.com/index.html, click on Account Settings (command.drop-shock.com/account.php)

At this point, command.drop-shock.com/account.php should not appear; in its place is only a black background.

4. Right-click where account.php should be. Select "Inspect Element (Q)" from the menu.
5. If it isn't already selected, click on the "DOM and Style Inspector" tab from the new overlay. (See Screenshot 2).
6. Find #document; below it should be an expandable called <html>. Expand <html>.
7. Find <body id="body1DIV"...>; within that HTML string should be a setting called "style='visibility:hidden;'".
8. Activate "style='visibility:hidden;'" and change it to "style='visibility:visible;'". account.php should now be displayed properly.

NOTE: This setting resets if you navigate away from account.php; you must recreate these changes every time you want to access this page.

Screenshots:
Screenshot 1: http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m143/wannabe121_06/InspectElementScreenshot_zps5a434d5f.png
Screenshot 2: http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m143/wannabe121_06/visibilityhiddenScreenshot_zpse29cad9d.png
Screenshot 3: http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m143/wannabe121_06/visibilityvisibleScreenshot_zps6beeb0c3.png
IEScreenshot: http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m143/wannabe121_06/accountphpIEScreenshot_zps66119090.png

This issue seems to only exist for FireFox 26.0--it works as expected on Internet Explorer 11.0.9600.16476. I cannot currently test on Chrome, Opera, Safari, etc..
Frizz
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Strange, I'm using Firefox 26 without issues ...

Can you try starting Firefox in "Safe Mode" (no plugins) and see if that has any effect?

_f

wannabe121
Advanced

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All plug-ins set to Never Enable, but account.php still isn't showing up for me.

Could it possibly be a zoom-related error; as in if Firefox has the page zoom set too high, it will automatically hide objects that don't fit? Looking between IE and FF, I'm starting to question why the former seems so distant compared to the latter.]

EDIT: He shoots and misses. Looks like Zoom isn't the root of this problem either.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Drop Shock Forum Index -> Bugs All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: