FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bug {abusable}

View previous topic :: View next topic  
khaibar
Advanced

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:02 am    Post subject: Bug {abusable} Reply with quote

Faction buildings deployed to faction bases do not get removed from faction storage and thus can be sent to players (tested)

Players can send them (tested) or put them on market (tested).

After I returned them to faction and dropped I checked if I could redeploy them (count of said building type increased), it didn't.

So they are tagged as deployed and thus checked when attempting to drop buildings but not checked when sending or viewing faction storage.

I didn't check if they could be dropped on other planets (like konu since it has different deploy script or something) while they are deployed on faction nodes.

Though the important part here is that you can sell buildings that you have deployed. I wonder what would happen if those buildings get blown up and salvaged by another... do they disappear from the other dude's storage? or do they turn red once you sold them (owner changed to someone other than faction)... bleh too many scenarios to consider

We don't have the files to fix this (faction storage, market etc..) so frizz can you please do it?

How long has this been around -______-

Edit: I tested it out, even if I send the faction building to me it still belongs to my faction on map. Different tables I guess but they're linked by key or something
Vanoi
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They would disappear or change owners if destroy and salvaged.

This would require a change to the faction storage, a check to make sure that the building isn't currently deployed or better remove those buildings when deployed and put them into a seperate table than the faction storage and readd on undeploy etc...
Frizz
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There should be a "deployed" column in the "buildings" database to handle this.

_f

Vanoi
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We don't have access to what handles faction base deployment nor the files that handle faction storages.
krisjaniz
Mentor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think this is a big enough deal to justify the development effort. If building number actually increased it would be a different matter but no phantom buildings are created here so the abuse is limited.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Drop Shock Forum Index -> Bugs All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: