FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Legate Meka [Advanced]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Drop Shock Forum Index -> User Created Construx
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wannabe121
Advanced

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 3:47 pm    Post subject: Legate Meka [Advanced] Reply with quote

Legate Meka
The byproduct of a joint venture initiated by Steeltec. Legates are among the most frail units to ever come off of Steeltec's production line, but only because of the sheer volume of electronics required for its new regenerative properties.

Stats
Shields: 30 [ +10%/ 3 Shields / Turn ]
Armor: 50
Controlled / Max Speed: 0 / 3

Combat Efficiency:1000 (Advanced)

Weapons
5 6 10
5 6 10
MsTgt 3 8 10
MsTgt 3 8 10

Legate Meka Abilities:
- Repairs 1 armor for every 1 shield this unit has before combat; repairs a minimum of 2 armor/turn.
- Cannot cloak, even if affected by mods, merits, or other bonuses that grant cloaking.

Requirements:
Legate Meka requires 5,500 Ore.
Legate Meka requires 20 Command.

Designer Notes: Legate does not have traditional shielding, as hinted through abilities; it uses a physical shield of repair nanites with dual purpose; repairing sustained armor damage after combat, and intercepting munitions. In this regard, the nanites are reinforced and operate within a limited range to their host. The nanite cloud, for lack of a better term, uses the host's sensors to detect fast-moving projectiles and automatically intercept them; if there are no nanites, the base armor absorbs all damage normally. Additional shield generators are temporarily modified by Steeltec drones into secondary generators and storage units. Shield commands give the systems and nanite generator enough short-term charge as to remove the production safeguards which keep the Legate from brown/blackouts. EMP commands reduce the power in the system, or cause it to shut down completely until a power threshold is restored. Since rechargers act as power sources, they affect the output of repair nanites.

Last edited by wannabe121 on Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:23 pm; edited 5 times in total
Sagi
Simple

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the meka,but i dont understand the repair,i can achieve 30+ armor repair per turn?
Also what does the CLST missiles do?
wannabe121
Advanced

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The repair is to allow better hit-and-run tactics, as well as allow people to pull out of combat and quickly re-engage. While you're in combat, shields down, etc.; you're only repairing 2 armor a turn; even in army fighting, this is pitifully small. However, once you're out of combat and your shields are at max, that armor regen per turn becomes something substantial; especially if you throw on a shield generator. Having it fire before combat is the only way (that I could see) which would keep this idea intact.

CLST stands for Cluster Missiles; I will edit it with the actual acronym soon.
Sagi
Simple

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wannabe121 wrote:
The repair is to allow better hit-and-run tactics, as well as allow people to pull out of combat and quickly re-engage. While you're in combat, shields down, etc.; you're only repairing 2 armor a turn; even in army fighting, this is pitifully small. However, once you're out of combat and your shields are at max, that armor regen per turn becomes something substantial; especially if you throw on a shield generator. Having it fire before combat is the only way (that I could see) which would keep this idea intact.

CLST stands for Cluster Missiles; I will edit it with the actual acronym soon.

I really like the concept and you put in the numbers real well,what's the effect of CLST though,mistarget? (i never use missiles sorry if thats already implented in-game)
Frageran
Sandwich Maker

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MsTgt is what you are looking for I think with the missile effect

Trerro wrote:
Onto my order I need to tack a stack of Shak Attack Pack, so I can smack back my enemies with flak. Quack.
yoman5
Advanced

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the idea of this meka very much, I'd like to see it added someday, if the game ever picks back up enough to merit a new strux set.
Advanced

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seeing how this idea has gotten a smidge of attention, I'll see about getting a 2d up and (once MaDo's workload lets up a bit) a functioning 3d. In the meanwhile, I'd like to know what tweaks, if any, the remaining community would like to see in order to bring this in line with the current unit list?
maXDooom
Advanced

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ill make the 3D image,
mail me with how you want it to look

I would be so mad I would Tomo Rage, and probably lose my mod ship and council seat.

Walterohdim
maXDooom
Advanced

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you dont like it i can still modify it or make it again from the beggining

maxdoom.

I would be so mad I would Tomo Rage, and probably lose my mod ship and council seat.

Walterohdim
yoman5
Advanced

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'd say it ought to look more like a cross between a battle axe 1 and a bowman, really
Advanced

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yoman5 wrote:
i'd say it ought to look more like a cross between a battle axe 1 and a bowman, really

he gave me some options but this was the best fit

maxdoom.

Walterohdim
wannabe121
Advanced

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bumping due to significant edits in the unit's stat block, as well as additional 2d images.
If these nukes are north korean, implement them anyway. They wont get 3 squares before tripping on a rock and turning into salvage.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Drop Shock Forum Index -> User Created Construx All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: