FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Larger text / buttons option for touch screen users

View previous topic :: View next topic  
gravy
Intermediate

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 5:24 pm    Post subject: Larger text / buttons option for touch screen users Reply with quote

So I wanted to play the game again, but this time on android devices
*this suggestion would also work for windows 8 and iphone/ipad users
*tldr; version at the bottom of post

I tested like 10 mobile browsers, and came up with four browsers that could actually handle the javascript needed for this game when deployed to a planet

Two of them did fine, while the other two made the game *almost* fully playable.
The first two browsers didn't have any option to make text larger - touching set waypoint / give command was impossible without extreme zooming

The last two browsers had them, and the game was almost fully playable on their largest font settings - the buttons were almost-comfortably clickable at the default zoom level from double tapping. I could set waypoints and attack targets without ripping my hair off.

But why am I troubled enough to actually make a suggestion for larger text? That's because zooming in and out will mean a lot of screen scrolling when done wrong - and doing it right is close to impossible in this game, probably because of the planet grid and units

other info:
my phone is 223 PPI, 4" screen
my tablet is 170 PPI, 7" screen
computer monitor screens are around 72 - 110 PPI / DPI

funny thing is - the phone and tablet are at about the same level of playability, the game just needs larger text buttons to make things comfortable

tldr; larger text / buttons will make the game playable on touch screen devices
oddly enough, there doesn't seem to be as much pressure clicking on units in icon mode or on the command icons. maybe because setting waypoints and attacking targets are much more important than those two

Frizz [11:01am]
no one wants 30 TinyBucks? All you have to do is kill gravy =)
corclaork
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG yes support!!

cor

in game name : corclark
Sacred_Tribune out in the wild.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Drop Shock Forum Index -> Suggestions All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: