FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

#94 - [Feature] Simples only planet

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Simples Planet
Bring back and use archeron
44%
 44%  [ 4 ]
Change and use hellion
55%
 55%  [ 5 ]
No support
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 9

ParalyzeD
Intermediate

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:39 am    Post subject: #94 - [Feature] Simples only planet Reply with quote

Just a few things before going forward

1. where should the simples planet be?
2. since there is very low chance of recovering dead units, (ie. no hermes no hermit) should there be a smallish (~25% chance to autosalvage what you kill and if that fails a 25% autosalvage to the original owner?)
3. CE limit , unit limit? perhaps for later
4. Intermediate bandit/player bases? (still accepting bandit base designs, pm me picture of it, along with power gen and use please)

Last edited by ParalyzeD on Fri May 03, 2013 6:06 am; edited 1 time in total
khaibar
Advanced

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1 - the tbs planet that was removed, but make them standard fp nodes
2 - simple units are cheap and cuddly, let them die
3 - the standard limits
4 - simple turret buildings won't do anything, they don't even hit at range 10. Either introduce new salvage only simple buildings that would do some real damage at 10 or allow inter buildings (though even that won't do much). Perhaps only allow the advanced turret buildings.

5 - Down gladius to 10 damage and up the range to 1; 45 damage mod would be OP on that planet. Especially against simple buildings (look at their hp)
wannabe121
Advanced

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd rather not see intermediate bases; let's start with everything being simple only and see if changes need to be made later. Konu uses a majority of intermediate buildings on a planet for intermediate/advanced units, so a player-made intermediate base would be difficult to usurp due to a majority of support buildings being Simple/Intermediate, as well as the Heavy Listic Turret. Sure, people will argue that the Heavy Thumper and Sha Khar buildings are off the table, but keep in mind that Medium Thumpers, Damage Enhancers, Tracking Stations, Command Towers, Resupply Compounds, etc. would be usable. Fusion Plants as well, should power usage be a concern.

As to why no intermediate bandit bases, I don't see how grand of a downgrade we can give to a Konu bandit base (as it's the closest example I could think of) while still warranting the base having intermediate level access. I would be fine with a single Intermediate turret at maximum for these bases, with a compliment of simple turrets, a small or medium refinery, and Small/Medium Powerplants or even Fusion Generators.
If these nukes are north korean, implement them anyway. They wont get 3 squares before tripping on a rock and turning into salvage.
Walterohdim
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:46 am    Post subject: Re: Simples Planet Discussion Reply with quote

ParalyzeD wrote:
Just a few things before going forward

1. where should the simples planet be?
2. since there is very low chance of recovering dead units, (ie. no hermes no hermit) should there be a smallish (~25% chance to autosalvage what you kill and if that fails a 25% autosalvage to the original owner?)
3. CE limit , unit limit? perhaps for later
4. Intermediate bandit/player bases? (still accepting bandit base designs, pm me picture of it, along with power gen and use please)

1. Archeron as it is currently invisible and we can do this without removing any other content.

2. Simples are cheap to build so additional losses to lower salvage is acceptable, we would still have Fiddlers. Salvaging is a pain in the ass chore, and part of the point is to make PvP cheap enough that people can skip salvaging should they so choose.

3. Current unit limits are good enough for now, but this is an area that we could play with in the future.

4. Keep the bases simples only. This leaves us a place for open field fighting were humping the node isn't going to work well. I am guessing that if auX took a node we would build it out without guns and just place support, as simple guns are pretty useless. Ease of taking Bandit Nodes isn't really a problem, as I am not sure it should really be hard, when the army fights are the real point.

Walterohdim

ParalyzeD
Intermediate

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I myself would support changing hellion seeing as the simples planet would be more similiar to hellion with it both being fps planet. And we really don't need anymore fp planets than we have right now. right now its a quarter into the cycle and no nodes are even taken on hellion clearly indicating the planet needs a changeup

This would also leave archeron available for any other planet ideas later
Wakka
Intermediate

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Change and use Hellion imo, similar reasons to why Acheron / Mortum got merged - redundant planet numbers should be minimised and competition should be encouraged.
tater
Simple

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just a though but i could be interesting to use ore as a payout.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Drop Shock Forum Index -> Open Source All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: