FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

fan fic help? + Progress below

View previous topic :: View next topic  
haloguy48
Advanced

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:09 pm    Post subject: fan fic help? + Progress below Reply with quote

Bottom of this post shows the most recent updates, feel free to check it out!

TL/DR version: I am redoing a good chunk of my book. I'm horrible at names and would like assistance. Yes, I'm making In-game references as well. I also sorta forgot to take out most names I had, so fun. Skip to below.

I've decided on chapter 5 of the book I've been writing (around 110pgs at the end of the chapter) I really need to reconfigure the names and groups.. Along with this I've scrapped most of it down to chapter 3 (pg 40) keeping core ideas on a seperate document. In doing so, I sorta forgot the keep a list of their names.. But I have an outline of most of them. If anyone wants to throw names at me for positions it'd be helpful.

The main "squad"/"factions"/etc is set, so these will all be outside sources picked up throughout and encountered throughout the book.

KEEP IN MIND, settlements are on planets. The book starts on Riona.

---------------------------------------------
Need name for:
Sha 'Kahr Scout- quick, adaptable, bio-energy weapon, size of a typical meka, two ballistic like weapons. Capable of tackling a witman and tearing pieces out.
What I came up with: Demonspawn

Galactic Empires #2 enemy faction-(Sha"Kahr are #1) These guys are the main "resistance". The galactic empire is seen as the ruling force in the book, and extremely powerful. Also hell bent on making others conform. The resistance is spread across the entirety of the empires planetary/starbase control, plus more.
#2 what I came up with: Silent Corperation

Names for leaders needed of Factions/empires/etc:
Cult of Taris (yeah, I went there)
United Planets of the Confederation
Republic of Earth

Leader of "The Ragnaroks" renagade/bandit squad. Didn't make it far enough to talk about. This person is rumored the best meka piolt on Hadeas. The meka this person controls is also incredibly hard to auto-target.
My ideas: no idea >_<

Leader of Omega Team- brand new team, youngins (18-26), top of the class students in meka simulaters, big ego... He dies, just need a name
My idea: Bashar D. Gram

Codenames- there are a some codenames throughout the book when different squads deploy. Bezerker and Lance are used already, willing to accept your usernames(no #'s). Codename Frizz is taken too. But that's later in the book Razz

Puns... If you read my signature, I'm clearly referenceing PGF. Mind you, he's wearing this to a formal meeting with a galactic empire representitive... Because honestly, how can I not add some of this game into it? I would love if anyone can throw snipits here about factions in here. I'll incorperate them as I can.

Random names- its good to have a storage of names too...

If anyone wants to throw some help it'd be lovely!

~ PROGRESS UPDATE ~ 4-4-13

Need something catchy for this.

Quote:
I would like to thank you for choosing '(player name)s [hotel name]!"

Final lines on page 76 - Deathberry

Quote:
"This hotel doesn't seemed that packed..." Ash said to Mania.
"Its high end, only those with a big budget, or valued Galactic people are here. There's more money in this building then there is tech in the Deathberry Hologen Arena." Dras replied.
"The what Arena?" Mania asked.
"Its one of the most advanced Arenas in the universe, of course Dras' kind prefers hearing the actual screams of their victims." Dave said scanning another two cards on a door further down..

Large chunk of Page 70 - Resurrected and PGF Pun

Quote:
"Okay, we have to stop for a minute." Helix said looking over to a Reptilian like humanoid, who probably stood around seven feet with reverse knee joints, but was sitting looking at a computer screen next to a lava fountain. It was clearly a plated creature, with shimmering dark red scales. A few black horns sprouted from the face, arms, and legs. As well as crawling down her spine through the loosely worn shirt. The shirt, what it wasn't hiding, showed exposed muscular arms, elbow spurs to best explain it, and a terrible scar extending from the neck down and under the chest of its shirt.
"I wouldn't bother that one, she has immunity to our laws so long she doesn't bother anyone. She's typically very agressive." a guard said looking at Helix, than the Reptilian.
"I'll survive." Helix said walking over.
"That's unusual for him. Typically he avoids contact, or enganging in any form of it." Mania said. Helix, now standing in front of her, bowed slightly and one could only assume introduced himself. The Reptilian looked at him, then around quickly noticing the group he came from watching intently. She turned back to him and said a few things. There conversation lasted a good four minutes before she stood up, clearly taller than Helix and walked over to the group.
"Mania, this is Dras-Nal-Tok, Leader of a small militia division known as Resurrected, avid reader of R.A Wulfs writings, as well as his son ____. She also has heard of your corporations success." Helix said tipping his hat back up more. Mania didn't realize how clear Helix's patch is that slandered the Galactic Empire as it swirled back to 'more like Paranoid Galaxy Farce!'. A few of the guards stiffened up at the approach of her. Mania had to really look up to see Dras' face. Intriquite scales plated her face giving a very razor sharp, and serious look.
"Uhh.. Hi there Dras, I'm Mania." she said skiddishly, Dras was quite intimidating.

Near the end of Page 85 - ItsNick

Quote:
"Hey there's a place to eat." Ashley said as they walked towards it. 'ItsNick's #1 Barbeque and Bar!'
"Wonder who Nick is." Mania said joining Ashley in her brisk walk towards the bar.
"Hello! Welcome to my resuraunt, I'm ItsNick, the one and only! How can I serve you today?" ItsNick asked as they arrived.
"Uhm, question actually. You accept payment from these right?" Mania asked holding her keycard up.
"Sure do, if they're galactic issued. Everyone here has to." ItsNick replied. "Hey don't make me throw you out again Graz, stop touching the waitresses!"
A larger humanoid shot a look at him before making a few sound and taking a shot of his drink.
"My apologies, now what will you two ladies be having?" ItsNick said turning back to them.
"Uhhm.. I'll take a Number Three drink, it looks kinda good." Mania said looking at the popup menu.
"Do you have chicken strips?' Ashley asked.
"Erm.. I can special order some up.. Breaded, and spiced I take it?" ItsNick asked.
"That'll do, uhh, a dozen or so." She said chiperly.
"Alright, take a seat anywhere and I'll have someone bring them out. They'll scan your card then." ItsNick said happily before moving to another customer.
"That answer your question?" Ashley said poking at Mania. Mania took a seat not really surrounded by anyone.
"He's kinda cute." Mania said looking back. "And very chipper for that type of job."
"He is, isn't he?" Ashley said looking as well. ItsNick glanced over quickly, both the girls turned around quickly.

Near the beginning of page 81, Cult of Taris

Quote:
"When were you going to inform us!? We may not be on the Corporations payroll, well, most of them aren't, but we're going to piolt those designs! If the Galactics find out, or.. Or the Republic of Earth,good god if the Cult of Taris even knew, we'll be sentenced to things worse than death!" Ashley quipped, now walking to the bathroom that Mania overlooked entering her room.

http://forum.mobrulestudios.com/viewtopic.php?p=149822#149822

Last edited by haloguy48 on Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:18 pm; edited 5 times in total
snorok14
Advanced

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Defalcator.
maXDooom
Advanced

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DeathBerry.

I would be so mad I would Tomo Rage, and probably lose my mod ship and council seat.

Walterohdim
jamut
Simple

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not too good with names, but you could try finding inspiration on movies or tv series like StarGate, StarTrek, I am sure you could derive a lot of the names from the weapons/empires etc they have.
Also, cartoon series are a great source of inspiration, not to mention games.
haloguy48
Advanced

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jamut wrote:
I am not too good with names, but you could try finding inspiration on movies or tv series like StarGate, StarTrek, I am sure you could derive a lot of the names from the weapons/empires etc they have.
Also, cartoon series are a great source of inspiration, not to mention games.

That's a good idea, I'll go through some of their Wikis and find names, alter them, etc... As much as I'd love to Copy/Paste their name, I'm not gonna XD

As for the other names suggested, I'll see what I can do. "Deathberry" sounds like a weird Codename, so I gotta find someone who'd fit into that.
maXDooom
Advanced

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DeathBerry Owns Defalcator

I would be so mad I would Tomo Rage, and probably lose my mod ship and council seat.

Walterohdim
haloguy48
Advanced

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Feel free to continue suggesting names, units for people, etc. I've got plans to add some of the "longer running" members of this game in here as well, and i'm only up to page 90.
snorok14
Advanced

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Captain Snowy Rocks. He drives a Grunt that's unexpectedly dodgey and fast and hard-hitting.
storm120
Simple

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deathdoom or maxberry who drives a really sweet ghog and kills bandits for fun.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Drop Shock Forum Index -> Fan Fiction All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: