FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

dom
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do you think the faction "Resurrected" and especially the player "Spaceghost" is exploiting weak hax on dom and getting rich by it??
Yes
52%
 52%  [ 11 ]
No
47%
 47%  [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 21

J4
Intermediate

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:22 pm    Post subject: dom Reply with quote

This will sound like an attack on SG and it is, but it is more than that. The resources of this planet are just wasted as it is.

Right now one of the neatest planets is in utter disfunction. Dom is truly trolled by someone committed to standing under the bridge and by so doing also monopolizes the market for several critical items.

These are the things that are wrong with dom:

1. base building # limits are too low
2. it's a fac war planet without drop % discount
3. the no edge base rule is dumb (unless #4)
4. oob should be disallowed, it's a cheasy tactic that is totally hax, or the bandits should be allowed to go oob
5. facs should be allowed to abandon nodes so they can get the new one they drop to so they dont have to random drop and hike to the old node that sg has dragged 100 bandits too because he abuses the hax and is greedy
6. 12 HOUR MAX CUMMULATIVE DEPLOYMENT TIME PER DAY PER PLAYER (and this on mort and inf also, these 24 hour le/se drops are just stupid)

Dom should be like inf with bigger payouts for everything, not some camped out strange rule candy dispenser for 24 hour campers who are obviously abusing a poorly thought out planet.

It's the worst types of things in gaming, a single dedicated person abusing flaws in the rules for immense material advantage and it is one of the things killing the game.

j4
borgrel
Advanced

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. ..... bases r not meant to b strong, u complain that res 'digs in' and u cant get them off the planet, and complain that their base is toooo easy to attack at the same time??? make up ur mind!!!

2. ......the winner gets the cmd repaid. also u complain that he 'digs in' and then u complain that he should b able to drop more for the same resources ...... make up ur mind!!!!

3. ..... the 'no edge' base rule has nothing to b with no base and everything to do with deploying ur army without the planet owner seeing it ..... u complain that he 'digs in' and then complain that he cant see ur army as it drops so he charge in to destroy u b4 u rdy ...... r u trying to help him or nerf him ????? MAKE UP UR MIND!!!!

4. ....... erm ....... no opinion either way, u actually have a comment that *might* be meaningful, comgratulations

5 ........ oh YAY, lets make ANOTHER planet about every1 sitting in bases watching each other till they get bored, u r my hero!!!!!

1+5...... if u want bases, go to konu, or inf or had or ach OR FRIGGING MORT!!!! STOP TRYING TO MAKE EVERYTHING THE SAME

ER held dom against pgf with TG and tomo dropping 120 unit armies and calling 3 facs to help them.
and pgf took dom from ER with 2 players and 20 unit armies

i KNOW how much work dom entails and its cost and the tactics involved, and u obviously dont.

u dont need to 'hold the planet' to fight a swarm (though it helps)
u dont need to hold the planet to mine unknown (though it helps)
and holding the planet doesnt give u a clear decisive advantage in either task (though it helps)
what u need to fight the swarm doesnt help u mine, what u mine with doesnt help u fight the swarm, and neither helps u take the planet
the 3 activities r mutually exclusive and actually complicate the other tasks so it doesnt rly matter (though i do think unknown belongs on inf??? purely because inf is so 'little' atm

the resources arent wasted, ur just not devoted enough to taking them
dom is the only planet thats not a cake walk (with konu coming up just shy)
[sarcasm] i applaud ur desire to make the only planet u cant 'work' in ur sleep just another cake walk[/sarcasm]

Embrace pain,
Embrace life!!
J4
Intermediate

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 3:34 pm    Post subject: its like you're trying not to understand Reply with quote

These are a system of changes and some of them without the others are absurd.

First, my plan, unlike others, is not necessarily to have any one fac control the whole planet. My primary goal is for it to be something that is contested frequently bringing activity to the game. And have fun of course.

Second, if the OOB hax is removed, the first thing you are going to notice is there is no way to fight fans and swarm to stand and fight with a base that has only 15 buildings. That's why the bases would have to be bigger.

The next thing you will notice is that it's not profitable to drop enough units to fight them because cmd drop cost is so high, so 50% dropcost discount is appropriate.

If the OOB rule is not taken out, then I want to be able to have a base where I can get OOB easily without my forces being scouted by the campers so that I can find where they are OOB and kill them and take their salvage.

And I would want to abandon a node without dropping so that I don't have to hike the old planet to the old node.

The rules now are made for campers, it's like ten gifts from Frizz to SG so he can control the markets of tears, eyes, powerups, etc and it is obviously broken. I want the rules revamped for action.

You seem to think 2x more base buildings and 50% dropcost discount is going to help the campers stay entrenched but it is the rules I have mentioned that is their advantage, not the size of their forces.

I can fight forces of different sizes, but not if it's absurdly un-economical and adds an extra hour+ of overhead without fun to drop to a planet. And all of the other reasons that make this planet only fun for one person who is in my opinion the definition of troll.

j4
corclaork
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whoa whoa whoa J first you clearly do not have a complete grasp of how dom works amd what its original intent was. second lets not aim this at one single person (many ppl have used the same tactics SG and ress use currently even though you wouldn't know because you haven't been around to see it before). IMHO the main problem with dom is the changing way ppl play. when dom was first created their were lots of players in different time zones that could make dom act as it should. and ppl played to achieve a goal not for profit. that has simple decreased over time as we have all seen. to address your points:

1: i partially agree mybe the lower limit could be 17 or even 20.... this may seem small but it makes a large difference in certain situations

2: im on the fence about this while it would be nice to have a discount all that cmd goes into the pot so i would suggest brainstorming ways to alter how the pot pays out instead of demanding a discount

3: um idk why you dont like this rule it is a positive almost any way you spin it except mybe that the defending team has a few turns notice about your location

4: what? last time i checked bandits could go oob and ive actually dragged them OOB myself many times ress uses the oob line with 11 range sents because its easier to coordinate.

5: this is an option but their might be ways of solving this issue that are simpler

6: absolutely no ... this is just a horrible option

cor

in game name : corclark
Sacred_Tribune out in the wild.
Dark Leth
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Super troll title but, yes, the planet over-rewards minmaxers with more time than what can be spent by the typical casual player.
ItsNick
Intermediate

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

go to DS chat and type #bird#

thats what i have to tell you
J4
Intermediate

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 2:49 am    Post subject: indeed Reply with quote

itsnick you should just say that next time you drop, which is never.

Also obviously a complete failure to address the points in the sense of using words to express ideas.

Responding to cor, what's so bad about no 24 hour camping of planets? What the hell is anyone doing on the same planet for 24 hours besides pretending to be playing the game?

What is so bad about oob bases? If oob is going to be a major tactic then I want to get there without anyone scouting me automatically because they are campers. Knowing what the other person has down before you deploy gaurantees victory 99% of the time. It is one of the main ways they abuse the planet.

j4
ItsNick
Intermediate

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:09 am    Post subject: Re: indeed Reply with quote

J4 wrote:
itsnick you should just say that next time you drop, which is never.

Also obviously a complete failure to address the points in the sense of using words to express ideas.

Responding to cor, what's so bad about no 24 hour camping of planets? What the hell is anyone doing on the same planet for 24 hours besides pretending to be playing the game?

What is so bad about oob bases? If oob is going to be a major tactic then I want to get there without anyone scouting me automatically because they are campers. Knowing what the other person has down before you deploy gaurantees victory 99% of the time. It is one of the main ways they abuse the planet.

j4

#bird#
patraic
Simple

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:28 am    Post subject: Dom changes Reply with quote

My take on Dom Idea

1. Cut fp earned by 75% per unknown. Once a cloak net is secured it's way to big a payout to quickly.

(BTW I thought this when PGF was using it for mass fp gain not just now. I honestly assumed Frizz would trim back the fp gain when we were using it regularly.)

2. Cut size of swarm by 50%, reduce frequency of spawn for swarm and establish no oob, or cut the swarm by 25% and keep the oob open.

3. Only swarm homes in on bandit kills. Regular spawned bandits attack line of sight just like the other planets. Another possibility might be swarm only homes for x number (3-5?) of turns before stopping.

4. I do like that individual bandits levels are higher on average on dom than the other plants.

Just my thoughts.

patraic
J4
Intermediate

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:06 am    Post subject: also cor Reply with quote

The bandits only go 1 or 2 sectors oob and don't 'home' oob which is what enables you people to sit at 11 range and snipe them without being seen otherwise they would do that in bounds.

This is the #1 hack and it's combat without strategy, people just grinding for market goods.

Shrinking the swarm as pat suggests would have similar effect to making bases bigger it would make it more possible to fight the swarm/fans at a base.

I kindof like the idea that the swarm is that huge but I want to be able to fight it without hax, and as of now the base limits and ce cost of dropping army.

If OOB alone were taken out of the equation and it were like Rynn where there was nowhere to run, I think that would be my #1 request. It just makes no sense on a planet that is supposed to be different and challenging that the easiest dumbest tactic in the entire book works and people get rich doing it all day long.

j4
borgrel
Advanced

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes j4, ur absolutely right

the only POSSIBLE way any1 could EVER envision fighting swarm is by sitting on their fat asses and getting swarmed
ur absolutely right that the bases need more buildings .... i mean its not possible to do ANYTHING in this game without buildings ...........

EVER HEARD OF MOVING??? !!!!

(hint: 6 spd units with good health do wonders)
(and the crazy punk jekyll used 4 spd gats successfully)
and ps, the swarm would eat through a 90 building base, thats their function .... a sunburst jumps 12 and poons a building for 180 damage a turn or something crazy, a supernova can 1 hit a fusion reactor (and its inside phase shield range)..... another 5 buildings aint gonna do squat!!

Embrace pain,
Embrace life!!
J4
Intermediate

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:30 pm    Post subject: ok Reply with quote

I would also consider moving and not using the base but I also like defending bases.

What you are doing though by being so unnecessarily hostile in your responses to me is letting the people who are actually camping, playing the game by keeping their forces as immobile as possible and using the same strategy over and over again, continue to get rich and hurt the game.

You are admittedly in agreement with me on eliminating oob movement.
J4
Intermediate

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 4:31 pm    Post subject: sbo idea Reply with quote

If you don't move for 30 turns you are evac'd on dom. I'd like this on inf, mort and ach also.

If you are going to complain about actually having to play the game in order to be on a planet, that is exactly the attitude I'm against.
psychokiller
Intermediate

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 6:14 pm    Post subject: Re: sbo idea Reply with quote

J4 wrote:
If you don't move for 30 turns you are evac'd on dom. I'd like this on inf, mort and ach also.

If you are going to complain about actually having to play the game in order to be on a planet, that is exactly the attitude I'm against.

Stop your bloody crying... If you don't like how we do things on dom. Then this is what you need to do. Drop to the planet, and try to take it from us. Until you grow yourself some balls, stop trying to get Frizz to Nerf Dom...
J4
Intermediate

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:14 pm    Post subject: nerf? Reply with quote

You? An OOB camper talking about me wanting something 'nerfed'?

I'm proposing primarily, to take away your safely nerfed OOB camping spot where you mindlessly grind bandits for some of the biggest profits in the game. Which is only possible because you have a player who can have AFK units down for 24 hours a day, also possible because of the current OOB rules.

And psycokiller, I haven't even seen you in the same sector as an enemy unit, so I'm not sufficiently impressed with your playing that you even know what is difficult and what is not.

Take any of the nerfs away that allow you to play in your 'style' or whatever it is you call it but I suspect people like you probably won't like this game then because of how difficult it becomes.

I except mzg from these criticisms because he has earned my respect.

And if anyone is crying or whining here it is Res because I'm attacking the root of their only power and relevance in the game. This should be obvious but I thought I'd just point it out.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Drop Shock Forum Index -> Suggestions All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: