FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Uknown Strux set

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Drop Shock Forum Index -> User Created Construx
View previous topic :: View next topic  
khaibar
Advanced

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:45 pm    Post subject: Uknown Strux set Reply with quote

Frizz announced that he does not have any ideas in mind to add to TWz. However we still have unknown ore with absolutely no purpose.
I suggest one final strux set for TWz that uses that unknown instead of normal ore, and uses fps instead of command. This would encourage both fps and unknown harvesting. Since building these units requires fps, only the ones with the corresponding admin power can do the builds.

This would encourage zedus beacons since anyone who wants to build these units for his personal storage would have to get fps and unknown himself.

Each strux updated added a new concept to the game (stealth, acti units, mistarget). However to avoid any update that would leave any negative effect on the game or would require a lot of coding, the new set would not have any new kind of effect.

Since these units/mods require faction resources, they should be of faction support nature.

I am not going to bother with premods, use your imagination.

These units can only be built at these prices, and are considered built at 100% OS

Seeker Probe

The Seeker Probe tracks down enemy movements and predicts future ones.

Stats
Shields: 10 [ +25% Shields / Turn ]
Armor: 5
Controlled / Max Speed: 0 / 5

Combat Efficiency: Sim 350

Abilities:
- If Seeker Probe did not move last turn, all enemies in same sector become easier to hit 0.25 levels stacks (unlimited). Bonus applies to faction units only.
- Can only be built with 1 slot max.

Requirements:
requires 50 Unknown Ore.
requires 10 Faction Points.

Mag Tank

Name says all

Stats
Shields: 50 [ +25% Shields / Turn ]
Armor: 50
Controlled / Max Speed: 3 / 5

Combat Efficiency: Adv 1000 Advanced

Weapons
Mag 5 10 5
7 20 20

Requirements:
requires 350 Unknown.
requires 80 Faction Points.

Hihahahalol
Advanced

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMO: make it make custom units Razz they would be built by normal ore but would be *invented* with the UK i think it would be that way in my brainzzz:

the unit MAXIMIZED powers: 0 abilities 0 actis 2 guns (0 with effects) 8 maximum speed 40 HP total

now to increase the maximized stats it would cost you FP,a LOT of it,at the begining its a bit cheap to increase the stats then it gets more expensive as you go,increasing the number of guns doesnt increase the number of guns with effect,you got to increase em each by its own,but guns with effects are INCLUDED in the number of guns so if you have 2 guns (1 with effects) you have 2 guns max,but if you chose to put a gun with an effect (web/rail...etc) then its a normal gun AND a gun with effect and of course you there is a limit for the maximized powers
you cant just go mad with a unit with 1k HP and 30 guns at 15 range with 50 dmg each and can move 8/8 and can dodge everything and can hit everything...etc

and to chose whatever the guns are and what their effects are (if you would chose any) and how to spread that HP (shields/armor,the more you get of one the more it costs to get more) and how much speed would it have (same goes,you spread it between controlled and max)...etc that would cost you UK,TONS of it of course,and depending on your choises,the cmd/ore prices to build changes and so does the CE,you cant get that unit over ;for example; 100 shields without it becoming unique or 100 armor without it becoming unique or more than 3 guns with effect or more than 6 guns total without it becoming unique...etc (same for abilities)

for command units,its simple,any unit that goes over 1.5k base CE is a command unit for activations,when adding activated only stuff,it DOES add up CE but a like 75% of wut it would normally add,you can even get a command unit with no activations if thats wut you wish and also command units are always unique and you cant go over 2k CE

any abilites that makes enemies weaker or makes allies stronger ( to-hit/dodge for example ) SHOULD BE EXCLUDED FROM THIS UNLESS:

its on cmd units <.<

things such as deep view and reveal can be put on any unit

if done properly it would be pwnage in a nice way if not it would break the game,and there WOULD be limitations of course like you cant get over 4 cloak speed base,you cant get an acti with over 10 charges and no cooldown,you cant add an acti that would break the game and is a win button... err i mean an acti that makes you take less than 25% dmg,you cant put more than 1 reduction type of stuff (no you take % dmg this turn with dmg reduction) you cant get dmg reduction over 5 dmg

its meant for people to be creative and not add stupidly strong units in the game,here is how the interface might look like:

Quote:
Damage Reduction (Current limit:3) :

Acti's (Current limit:1) :

Polarize Armor: adds * dmg reduction on armor for 1 turn * charges * cooldown

Polarize Shields: adds * dmg reduction on shields for 1 turn * charges * cooldown

Defensive Shield: adds * dmg reduction for 1 turn * charges * cooldown

Abilities (Current limit:2) :

This unit gets * dmg reduction

This unit takes * more dmg from hits

see the *'s? these are editable,depending on the number you chose the number of UK used to *invent* the unit varies

so if i chose for example on the polarizing acti's 1,its 1k UK,2 its 5k UK,3 its 10k UK...etc for example

Defensive Shield would even cost more: 1,its 3k UK,2 its 15k UK,3 its 30k UK for example

now how much acti's would multiply that UK cost,there should be a minimum of 2 acti's, so if its 2, 1x 3, 1.25x 4, 1.5x ...etc

the ability would cost A FREAKING CRAPTON more:1, 10k UK (trolly isnt it?) 2, 50k UK 3, 250k UK for example

the this unit takes more dmg is just to reduce the CE and build cost but it cant go over the dmg reduction limit and it DOES cost UK to *invent* into a unit,the dmg reduction limit is the total dmg reduction,its not the limit per acti/ability

how much the units would cost in cmd/ore would also have its equations and such

FAA (Frequently Answered Answers) :

your idea sucks,i can just maximize everything and stay under the conditions for a unique unit and thats pretty much it and there is a troll unit

nope,if you maximize everything without getting any of the unique unit conditions,well wut about the CE? you cant do that,if you get your CE over 1.5k its a command unit and that makes it unique already

i can get a trollish cmd unit and that would break the game Sad((((((

errr i already stated that there should be a 2k CE limit,you cant get a unit that trolly and still stay under 2k CE while staying under the limits

i can get a unit with 5 dmg reduction (which is the maximum stated) and add mods and get it some good speed and weapons and such and troll everything,just a BAII but a better version and i can still manage to stay under 1.5k CE

5 dmg reduction would be like + ~700 CE for the unit and that is not counting the HP/speed/guns and such,a unit that concentrates at 1 thing is not whats supposed to happen from this,only Frizz is the guy supposed to do these neat stuff

well with all these limitations it would be pointless and useless

its about being creative,am sure there would be a LOT more uses than you expect while still not getting a single OP'ed unit (if this is implemented right) how is it being creative with all these limitations? the limitations i stated arent that aweful seriously,the only thing that is aweful is the UK prices i stated <.<

thoughts? (i know i didnt include complexity,i got a life so i cant just keep on writing <.<)

I am MIЯROR
khaibar
Advanced

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it sounds like a good idea but like i said no new stuff that require a lot of coding

I think we should stick to old abilities, just new images and stats
Hihahahalol
Advanced

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

khaibar wrote:
it sounds like a good idea but like i said no new stuff that require a lot of coding

I think we should stick to old abilities, just new images and stats

i didnt really suggest adding a new ability Razz its just mixing old ones to create a new *unit* that is

I am MIЯROR
khaibar
Advanced

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What u suggested requires tonza coding Shocked
Walterohdim
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem with using FPs to buy units is that then small faction farming now has an even newer use. It is much easier to gain faction points in small factions so many factions will be created for this and farmed then disolved as soon as they get to 50k total points.

Walteorhdim

khaibar
Advanced

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fps price could be increased in smaller factions due to their bonus in harvesting fps

or simply u can't build these until certain number of faction points have been acquired
Trerro
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could simply require a fac to be X/X/X to build UK units. That costs more than the 200k you get at accelerated rate, and thus ensures only normal rate FPs can be used for this.

Ok... the intergalactic beer run may have been a bad idea. Whoops!
maXDooom
Advanced

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

id love custom units!

ill call mine the MaxNoobinator! :3

I would be so mad I would Tomo Rage, and probably lose my mod ship and council seat.

Walterohdim
Frageran
Sandwich Maker

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

khaibar wrote:
fps price could be increased in smaller factions due to their bonus in harvesting fps

or simply u can't build these until certain number of faction points have been acquired

This punishes legitimate small factions (something I am aware come few and far between but still).

Trerro wrote:
Onto my order I need to tack a stack of Shak Attack Pack, so I can smack back my enemies with flak. Quack.
khaibar
Advanced

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If u are referring to the increased fp cost, they get fp multipliers
If u are referring to the fp required before you could start building, perhaps we should just go with the increased cost
snorok14
Advanced

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Unknown needs a use to bring in new players and bring back old ones.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Drop Shock Forum Index -> User Created Construx All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: